No matter it’s a full-fledged make-up regime or bare-minimum look, there’s no denying that it’s always incomplete without a dash of lipstick on our otherwise dull lips. The market is flooded with all sorts of cosmetics lipsticks are no exception. You name it and have any color of your choice. While making for desire color,texture and smoothness, hundreds of chemical and toxic elements are used in these lipsticks. Now its to use give a natural look to your lips by using homemade natural lipstick which you easily find in your kitchen or grocery store.
Why You Need Homemade Lipstick?
The synthetic lipsticks we apply on daily basis are accidentally licked into mouths and needless to say that the chemicals-induced lipsticks aren’t safe to be eaten. So, today I’m going to share with you the recipe to make all-natural DIY Lipstick at home devoid of toxins, chemicals, and preservatives.
DIY Home Made Lipstick with Natural Ingredients
First of all, you are thinking whether it is possible to make lipstick at home, yes it possible and today we a follow a easy DIY of " how to make lipstick from scratch" with natural ingredients such as beetroot, Vaseline, coconut oil, rose petals which not only last longer but also pocket friendly. Want to know how to make natural lipstick at home? So read out below section:
Homemade Lipstick Ingredients List
Benefits of Using Natural Ingredients in Homemade Lipstick
- Organic Shea Butter: It holds a fair amount of fatty acids, Vitamin E, A & F., and antioxidant, which give a soothing effect to your soft lips. Even its anti-inflammatory properties useful for lip skin and gives as smooth in texture to your homemade lipstick.
- Almond Oil: To give moisturizing effects and spreadable texture, we are adding almond oil, contains oleic and linoleic fatty acids, good for lip skin.
- Beeswax in Lipstick: This natural ingredients collected from honeybees and used to solidify lipstick mixture and thick texture.
- Essential Oils: You can add various essential oils in your homemade lipstick to get calming scent, anti-inflammatory properties, omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins and minerals.
- Pigment Color: Whether you want red, black, matte finish lipstick, add your desired pigment colour while following recipes of making natural lipstick.
How to Make Natural Lipstick at Home - Easy Steps
- Add Beewax in Bowl:Take a clean bowl and add 1 tablespoon of beeswax beads in it.
- Use Shea Butter: Now, add one tablespoon of Organic Shea Butter in the bowl.
- Add Almond Oil: Next up, you need to have is two tablespoons of Almond Oil.
- Mix & Stir: Heat this mixture so that it starts melting, stirring it continuously.
- Add Pigmented Colors: Next step is to add Pigment Powder Colors to give the desired hue to your lipstick. Matte Brown Oxide Pigment Powder, Matte Pink Oxide Pigment Powder, Matte Violet Pigment Powder, Matte American Red Oxide Pigment Powder, Matte Maroon Oxide Pigment Powder, Matte Orange Oxide Pigment Powder and there are many more pigment powders to choose from on Veda Oils.
- Add Essential Oils: Now, remove the mixture from heat and add two to three drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance and nourishment. Again, you can choose from a wide range, such as Peppermint Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Jasmine Essential Oil and many more.
- Store Mixture in Lipstick Container: Take an empty lipstick container and fill it with the mixture. Refrigerate it for some time and let it solidify for you to use.
- Your all-natural DIY Lipstick is ready to adorn your lush lips.
This is how to make lipstick at home which last long all day on your lips but also stored for longer period. Even you can easily carry while travelling in your bag.
How to Apply Homemade Lipstick
To apply your natural lipstick, first, you can apply a lip balm on your lip to smooth them. After that, use lip liner if you want or you can directly apply your homemade lipstick starting from the center to outwards of lips.
How to Keep Lipstick Last Longer
To use your created lipstick for longer period, try to follow homemade recipe ingredient quantity properly, essential oils, beeswax keep lipstick in shape, try to make small quantity. If you feel any kind of changes in texture or smell then don't use it, make a new batch of homemade lipstick.
By changing few ingredients you can make matte finish or glossy lipstick with hundreds of shades such as red, black or desired colored you love. To get some glittering effect in your homemade lipstick, add some shimmer.
DIY Crayon Lipstick: In this recipe of making lipstick instead of using pigmented colour, we will use non-toxic Crayola crayons suitable for homemade lipsticks. They also come under different colour, darker the colour you choose for lipstick more vibrant colour it offers. In this DIY of Crayon Lipstick, you need to cut the crayon colour and add with coconut and almond oil and follow the same procedure of heat, stir and refrigeration.
Now strive your look and be presentable at any given time of the day; whether you are at the workplace, heading to some rocking party or sitting idly making faces to take selfies.
Be ready to receive the compliments going to come your way and share with us as well. You can thank us later!