Thanks to the electricity, candles, these days, are no more a practical necessity, unlike medieval times. However, there cannot be any denying that scented candles do add an aura and create an ambiance which can enlighten any gloomy room. The flickering flame emanating sweet aromas is all that you need at the end of an exhausting day to soothe yourself.
So, today I’m going to talk about how to make DIY Scented Candle at Home without burning a hole in your pocket.
- First of all, take Beeswax and begin melting it using Double Boiler. Stir it continuously with Spatula to break big chunks. It will take around 10-15 minutes for the wax to completely melt. Make sure that temperature is between 160 to 170 degrees and not more than that.
- While your wax is getting melted, take a wick and adhere it to Mason jar. You can use glue to stick it in the center of the jar or else old candle-makers’ trick can be used. Take some melted wax and dip the metal tab of the wick into the melted wax, then quickly stick it to the bottom of the jar.
- After the wax is completely melted, add your favorite fragrant oils to the melted wax and stir to evenly distribute. You can pick from the vast variety of essential oils available on the Veda Oils. There are numerous scented oils with which you can experiment on your scented candle and find out what works best for you.
- Next step is to let the melted fragrant wax cool for a couple of minutes. The temperature should be around 130 to 140 degrees when you pour it into the jar so that it sets better than if poured hotter. Secure the wick using pen or toothpicks while you pour the wax so that it doesn’t sink as well as stays in center.
- Now, you have to let the wax sit aside for some good 3-4 hours to let it fully settle in the jar. You will probably have few inches of wick sticking up from your candle. Trim the wick and don’t keep it longer than an inch.
- Your Candle is ready to be lit and fill your surroundings with the amazing aroma.
Pro Tip: If besides being fragrant, you want your candles to be colorful as well, then add Pigment Powder Colors in the melted wax.
Now, buck up, discover your inner skills and decorate your place with aesthetic aromatic candles.If you’ve got any queries, feel free to ask in the Comments Section provided below.