As soon as we hear Charcoal, what instantly comes to our mind is it is the stuff which is needed in Barbeque party. However, the least one knows that charcoal carries amazing detoxifying properties. Infusing activated charcoal with other beauty products and making masks has been an on-going fad these days as activated charcoal has been found to do wonders to the skin.
Activated charcoal is not the regular charcoal which we use in barbeque grill. It is created by heating pulverized carbonaceous substances like peat, sawdust and coconut shells to very high temperatures, ranging from 600 to 900 degree Celsius. It is then activated by hot air or steam to elevate its absorptive capacity for natural treatment or medicinal purposes.
Though, market, of late, is flooded with the products made using charcoal, namely, charcoal scrubs, charcoal cleansers, charcoal masks and charcoal soaps, it has to be taken into account that these products might be laden with chemicals that you may dislike.
So, it’s better to make your own DIY product using charcoal so that you are aware that what all has gone into its making. Read on to know how to make DIY Charcoal Peel-off Mask at home.
- Take a bowl which is heat resistant. Now, combine the two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of gelatin together.
- Next, you need to have is one tablespoon of activated charcoal powder and half tablespoon of bentonite clay, and mix it in the bowl.
- Stir the mixture until it has achieved a smooth consistency. Now, microwave the mixture for 20-30 seconds till it becomes thick enough to be applied.
- Take out the bowl and allow the mask to cool a bit before you apply it to your face. You wouldn’t surely want your face to be burnt.
- Pull back all your hair and secure with a hair band or hair tie so that no single strand remains on your face. Don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
- Carefully apply the mask to clean and dry skin, and let it completely dry before you peel the mask off.
- Rinse your face with warm water afterward and pat dry with a towel.
Say Hello to a fresh and clear skin devoid of clogged pores, blackheads, oil, dirt, or any other impurities.