Summers have come knocking on the doors of Delhi. As sun is searing and temperature is soaring, our skin woes are most likely to augment and trust me on this, we indubitably are in dire need of protection from harmful UV rays of Sun to shield our soft skin in this scorching summer as we won’t like our skin tanned, irritated, scalded or succumbing to any other skin jeopardy.
It is advised to lather on the sunscreen, when stepping out of our home, on every inch of the area of our skin exposed or devoid of clothing because the deleterious ultraviolet rays of the sun can cause grave damage to our skin by burning it severely. However, we tend to forget to smear sunscreen lotion at times while going out. If that’s what happens to you as well, then read on as I have the perfect solution for it.
Why depend on sunscreen lotion when we can have natural sunscreen bar to bathe with? Yes, today I’m going to share with you the DIY recipe on how to make sunscreen bars at home; which are devoid of all chemicals and potential carcinogens found in regular sunscreen lotions.
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Zinc Oxide
- Vitamin E Oil
- Vanilla Essential Oil
- A Double Boiler
- Silicon Moulds
- A Bowl
- A Tablespoon
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients in it, namely, 1 cup of coconut oil, 1 cup of beeswax, 1 cup of shea butter and one tablespoon of Vitamin E Oil.
- Using a double boiler, bring the mixture to the boil. Stir the ingredients constantly with a spoon.
- Now, remove the mixture from heat and add zinc oxide and vanilla essential oil to the bowl. Stir with a blender.
- Carefully, pour the mixture into silicon moulds and allow the sunscreen bars to harden in.
- Let the bars to cool for around good 8 to 9 hours before popping them out of the moulds.
- Keep these sunscreen bars at a cool temperature, away from the sun. Better you keep them in the refrigerator for longer term storage.
Stay Safe in Sun now without even applying Sunscreen Lotion; just take bath with Sunscreen Bars!