Lotions and creams are necessarily important to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. But, as I always say - you should avoid the store-bought lotions containing harmful ingredients.
So, today I’m here to tell you that how to make your own lotion at home using essential oils and natural ingredients.
- A Bowl
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Grapeseed Oil
- Rose Essential Oil
- Air-Tight Container.
- Take a clean bowl and add 2 tablespoons of beeswax in it. It will act as a thickener in your lotion. You can find Organic Beeswax from our website - Veda Oils.
- After that, add 1/4th cup of Grapeseed Oil in it. Grapeseed Oil is carrier oil which contains fatty acids. It helps in locking up the moisture and reducing clogged pores.
- Now heat this mixture using double boiler method and ensure that the beeswax is completely dissolved in the oil. You can buy Grapeseed Oil from our website Veda Oils or can choose any carrier oil of your choice as well.
- When wax will stop settling, it’s the right time to add a half cup of pure aloe vera gel in it. As Aloe Vera Gel has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it will protect your skin against suntan, acne, and aging. Purchase the pure aloe vera gel from the Veda Oils.
- Now, with the help of a hand blender, start mixing everything together until your lotion is being formed.
- Next is my favorite ingredient which is an essential oil. I would really love my lotion to be scented so I’m adding a few drops of Rose Essential Oil to my lotion to smell like roses all day. You should also add or can choose any other from the vast variety of essential oils available on Veda Oils Website.
- Stir the mixture one last time and your lotion is ready. Store it in an air-tight container.
So, folks, that was all for today. I’ll be back with another wonderful recipe. Subscribe to our Blog for more such DIY recipes. Also, don’t forget to share your experience of using this naturally made lotion.