Low blood pressure or hypotension is a health condition that occurs when there is insufficient blood pressure to deliver blood to the coronary arteries. The symptoms of low blood pressure include dizziness, chest pain, unconsciousness, etc. Although it cannot be treated completely without medications, there are certain natural ways through which the blood pressure can be boosted to an extend.
Essential oils are natural therapy that can help in the treatment of low blood pressure through their distinct aroma and characteristic essence. Essential Oils helps in elevating blood pressure as they can cure many other health conditions like anxiety, stress, endocrine problems, etc which are related to low blood pressure level.
Why Choose Essential Oils For Low Blood Pressure?
Researchers have found that therapy with certain essential oils has had a therapeutic effect on patients with lower blood pressure. It helps lower the risk factors involved in low blood pressure by stimulating the blood and oxygen supply towards the coronary arteries and lowering the stress level.
Apart from many, these are some of the benefits of using essential oils to avoid low blood pressure level:
- Increases Blood Circulation: Essential Oils help in increasing the circulation of blood to different organs, elevates adrenaline levels, cures lymphatic drainage, etc., which are the cause of low blood pressure.
- Cures Allergic Reactions: Sometimes allergic reactions like insects bite, rashes due to food poisoning, and inflammation cause allergies. Rubbing essential oils on the areas of allergy can give a huge relief.
- Remedy for Lower Blood pressure during pregnancy: During pregnancy, the blood pressure fluctuates a lot. Essential oils can help in controlling low blood pressure and also helps in uplifting mood, relieving stress and anxiety, giving relief from nausea, etc.
- Calms Mind & Body: Low blood pressure can become the reason for increased anxiety and stress levels. Inhaling essential oils through a diffuser, rubbing them on pulse points can help in calming the mind and body.
Don't Miss: Essential oils for High Blood Pressure
Essential Oils For Low Blood Pressure - Try Now
Here, we try to list some powerful essential oils that can help to control low blood pressure problems and symptoms such as Dizziness, Cold, Nausea and headache etc. Check out essential oils as they hold different properties such as antiviral, antifungal, anti-bacterial, and chemical compounds that can be helpful in avoiding blood pressure issues.
1. Rosemary Essential Oil for Lower Blood Pressure
Rosemary Oil is extracted from the rosemary shrub's leaves. It has a woody aroma that is used in aromatherapy for calming and relaxing the body. It has medicinal benefits, including improving brain function, increasing concentration level, increasing blood circulation, relieving stress and anxiety, which can be the reason for low blood pressure.
Rosemary Essential Oil also acts as a remedy for cold toes and fingers as it increases the body temperature and opens the blood vessels inside the body. Rosemary also reduces levels of cortisol, a hormone that can have harmful effects on our bodies.
2. Lavender Essential Oil for Low Blood Pressure
Lavender essential oil is a multipurpose oil extracted from the lavender herb. It has many health benefits like anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties. It also has antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects. Lavender oil is one of the most used essential oils used in aromatherapy as it has unimaginable uses and benefits.
Lavender Oil is used to treat mental strain and fatigue, which further helps in increasing the alertness in mind, increasing the heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure. Lavender Essential Oil is used to cure fungal infections, allergies, depression, insomnia, eczema, nausea, and menstrual cramps.
3. Rose Essential Oil to Control Low Blood Pressure Level
Rose essential oil is extracted from the petals of rose flowers. It has anxiolytic and aphrodisiac benefits which are used in aromatherapy and different medicines. It is also one of the most widely used essential oils in manufacturing perfumes and fragranced products.
Rose Essential Oil prompt physiological effects on the body. It avoids the problem of lower blood pressure as it keeps the blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration wonted. The fragrance of rose essential oil uplifts the mood and thus secretes hormones like serotonin and dopamine. It also acts as a natural antidepressant as its application gives a feeling of relaxation.
Don't Miss: Essential Oils for Stretch Marks
4. Lime Essential Oil to Avoid Low Blood Pressure
Lime essential oil is extracted from the peel of fresh lime and steaming dried limes. Lime essential oil has antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, antibacterial, disinfectant, hemostatic, restorative, aperitif properties. Lime essential oil has an ingredient that fights exhaustion, helps with depression, kills harmful viruses and bacteria, reduces inflammation, clears acne and pimples, refreshes the mood.
Studies have found that Lime essential oil is very effective at relieving stress and reducing anxiety. It also decreases the severity of symptoms like nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. In addition, aromatherapy by lime essential oil help eases the breath, promotes blood flow to the arteries, and increases blood pressure.
5. Basil Essential Oil for Low Blood Pressure Level
Basil Essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the Ocimum basilicum botanical known as the Basil herb. Basil essential oil is widely consumed orally and topically because of its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Basil essential oil also has properties that increase lower blood pressure because it emits a, freshly floral, warm, sweet crisply herb-like scent that uplift and lightens the mood.
Basil Essential Oil is said to ease out the causes of low blood pressure like minor skin irritations, cramps, joint pain, muscular aches, spasms, gout, flatulence, and exhaustion. Basil essential oil also helps in enhancing the immune function, protects against infection, reduces water retention, and stabilizes irregular menstruation.
Don't Miss: Essential Oils for Asthma Symptoms
6. Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Low Blood Pressure
Eucalyptus oil is extracted from the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree. Eucalyptus essential oil has strong antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties, which are traditionally used to treat various respiratory ailments. Many essential oils reactant antioxidant. It is used to treat cough, cold, bronchitis, and symptomatic relief of colds and congestion.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil has a camphoraceous, pungent, and crisp fragrance which acts as an excellent pain reliever. Eucalyptus oil consists of menthol and wintergreen essence, which helps increase low blood pressure by increasing the circulation of oxygen and blood.
Essential Oils Blend Recipe for Low Blood Pressure
Other than the essential oils mentioned above, other essential oils like cypress oil, peppermint oil, etc. which are also used to avoid low blood pressure. Some of the recipes to use essential oil for low blood pressure which can be included in the day to day routine, are as following:
Homemade Cream or Lotion Blend Recipe for Low Blood Pressure
We can make DIY your creams and lotions from essential oil at home to avoid low blood pressure level, there are many different ways by which you can blend your cream or lotion, or you can follow the below-mentioned recipe:
- Take 4-5 Drops of rose essential oil, lavender essential oil, or eucalyptus oil.
- Put the above essential oil in 2 oz. of Coconut oil.
- Then mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Now rub a small amount of the mixture on your temples and under your nose.
Diffuser Blends to Raise Low Blood Pressure Level
You can make different essential oils diffuser recipes to increase your blood pressure. Mentioned below is one of them:
- Put a small amount of water in the diffuser base.
- Take 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil, lavender essential oil, basil essential oil.
- Inhale the scent for 25-30 minutes.
- Massaging Essential Oil to Increase the Blood Pressure
Deep massages with these oils can help in giving a relaxing and stress-free feeling. You can make DIY your massaging oil by making your recipe by following these instructions:
- Take 5 Drops of lavender essential oil, 5 drops of rose essential oil, 3 drops of lime essential oil, and 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
- Add one-third of the mixture with 2 oz of almond oil or coconut oil
- Massage that mixture in any part of your body.
- You can also add this mixture to your warm bath.
Don't Miss: Essential Oils For Hemorrhoids Pain
Precautions to Be Taken While Using Essential Oils for Low Blood Pressure
Being organic and essential does not make essential oils free from side effects. There are certain precautions one must take while using essential oils to control low blood pressure:
- Highly Active Ingredients: Essential oils are made up of highly active ingredients, which is the reason they cannot be used directly onto skin or inhaled directly as it can cause severe side effects like asthma, rashes, headache, allergies, etc.,
- Skin Reaction: Many essential oils react with sunlight or natural bacteria present on the skin, which may further cause fatal skin disorders.
- Swallowing Essential Oils: Swallowing essential oils directly is not recommended as they may be toxic for oral use.
- Safety issue for pregnant women: Pregnant or breastfeeding women are advised to take medical consultancy from their doctors before using any specific essential oils to cause serious side effects.
Essential oils are considered safe when used in diluted form or mixed with Carrier oils that are not highly reactive. Essential oils are said to be harmless when it is used for minor health conditions. People having major health problems are not recommended to use essential oils as it may cause side effects, and people with prior medical conditions also should use essential oils only after consulting a medical practitioner.