Explore the profound concept of chakras—energy portals where vitality enters or exits the human body. While numerous energy portals are scattered throughout our bodies, the seven most prominent chakras run vertically along the spine, from the coccyx to the upper skull. Each chakra exhibits its unique rotation, and vibration pattern, and is governed by specific characteristics such as color, region, and gemstone.
The dynamic rotation of these chakras necessitates the balance of energies flowing in and out of the body. Imbalances can disrupt the essential life force and energy flow, impacting bodily functions as well as mental and spiritual well-being. Delve into the realm of Essential Oils for Chakra balancing, fostering equilibrium and vitality in the intricate dance of energy within the human body.
This is when essential oils for chakras come into play. Essential Oil therapy, be it massage, bathing, or aromatherapy, has been known for a long to be used by practitioners to cure chakra imbalances. The astounding properties of essential oils help calm and soothe the chakra vibrations, thereby stimulating the energy flow to and from the particular chakras and helps balance any imbalance that might have occurred in due course of life. So, this blog brings to you the best essential oils which help balance your chakras.
What are the Best Essential Oils for Chakras?
The human chakra system needs to be balanced to provide essential benefits to the mind, body, and soul. However, many times, a slight imbalance in the chakras can lead to anxiety, bodily problems, etc. To achieve the said balance, essential oils prove to be helpful in all aspects. Read on to find out more about the best essential oils to balance your chakras!
Essential Oils for Balancing Root Chakra
Considered the foundation of the human chakra system, the Root Chakra is the first chakra and the primitive portal of psychic information. The root chakra, also considered the foundation of life or the base of life, helps stabilize the sensation of feeling grounded and withstand any challenges that come into the way of life. The root chakra is largely responsible for the sense of stability and security.
- Yogic Name: Muladhara, Kundalini
- Associated Color: Red
- Associated Gemstone: Coral, ruby, garnet
- Location: Base of the spine
- Experience of the Self: Self-respect, self-importance
- Element of Importance: Earth
- Connection to Body Organs: Sexual organs, anus, prostrate
- Disorder Associated: Self-doubt, anxiety
- Health Benefits: Self-esteem, vitality
- Root Chakra Essential Oils: Patchouli Essential Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Frankincense Essential Oil and Vetiver Essential Oil
Essential Oils to Open Sacral Chakra
Considered as the chakra of creativity, self-expression, emotional durability, and sexual health, the Sacral Chakra is the second human chakra system. The sacral chakra is also considered the center of creative energy as well as sexual energy. In addition, this chakra stabilizes your emotions and helps you relate your emotions to that of others.
- Yogic Name: Svadhisthana
- Associated Colour: Orange
- Associated Gemstone: Carnelian, fire opal
- Location: Under and behind the belly button
- Experience of the Self: Self gratification
- Element of Importance: Water
- Connection to Body Organs: Ovaries, uterus, pelvic floor
- Disorder Associated: Uterine fibroids, PMS, irregular menstrual cycles
- Health Benefits: Stimulating energy flow, balancing sacral energies
- Sacral Chakra Essential Oils: Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Gardenia Essential Oil and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Essential Oils for Healing Solar Plexus Chakra
Considered as the powerhouse of the human chakra system, the Solar Plexus Chakra is the third chakra that transforms food into nourishment for the soul. The solar plexus chakra is also considered the center for the stability of self-confidence and self-esteem. This third chakra of the human chakra system is where you get to feel in control of your own life.
- Yogic Name: Manipura
- Associated Colour: Yellow
- Associated Gemstone: Topaz, amber, citrine
- Location: Abdominal region
- Experience of the Self: Willpower, motivation, positivity
- Element of Importance: Fire
- Connection to Body Organs: Small intestine, liver, gallbladder
- Disorder Associated: Gallstones, liver diseases, inferiority complex
- Health Benefits: Activating personal power
- Solar Plexus Chakra Essential Oils: Bergamot Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Cardamom Essential Oil and Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Best Essential Oils for Heart Chakra
Considered as the chakra of compassion, unity, love, forgiveness, connection, and inspiration, the Heart Chakra is the fourth human chakra system. Located in the center of your chest, the heart chakra is the essential provider of mental stability, emotional stability, and compassion. It is largely responsible for our ability to love another and show compassion to all beings.
- Yogic Name: Anahata
- Associated Colour: Green, pink
- Associated Gemstone: Emerald, jade, peridot
- Location: Centre of the chest
- Experience of the Self: Self love, gratitude
- Element of Importance: Air
- Connection to Body Organs: Heart, lungs
- Disorder Associated: sadness, apathy, anger
- Health Benefits: Enhanced balance
- Heart Chakra Essential Oils: Marjoram Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil
Essential Oil for Opening Throat Chakra
Considered the chakra of compassion, generosity, and valuation, the Throat Chakra is the fifth in the human chakra system. Located in the throat, the throat chakra is considered as the inherent "voice of the human chakra system." It is largely responsible for stabilizing our ability to converse or communicate verbally, along with rational thinking and the ability to voice our opinions.
- Yogic Name: Vishuddha
- Associated Colour: Blue
- Associated Gemstone: Blue topaz, sapphire, turquoise
- Location: Throat, area around neck
- Experience of the Self: Loyalty, trustworthiness, affection, care
- Element of Importance: Sound
- Connection to Body Organs: Thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, oesophagus
- Disorder Associated: Anorexia, thyroid, tinnitus, sore throat, mouth ulcers
- Health Benefits: Clear communication, self expression, self confidence
- Throat Chakra Essential Oils: Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil and Cypress Essential Oil
Best Essential Oil for Third Eye Chakra
Considered as the chakra of intuition, intelligence, receptivity, and certainty, the Third Eye Chakra or the vortex of divine energy is the sixth in the human chakra system. Located between the eyes, the third eye chakra is the major stabilizing chakra that regulates our "gut instinct." The third eye chakra is largely responsible for the innate ability of intuition and is linked to the higher order of imagination.
- Yogic Name: Ajna
- Associated Colour: Indigo
- Associated Gemstone: Azurite, iolite
- Location: Between the eyes
- Experience of the Self: Perception of expression
- Element of Importance: Thought
- Connection to Body Organs: Pineal gland
- Disorder Associated: Self doubt, fear, hesitation
- Health Benefits: Fearlessness, peace of mind, calmness
- Third Eye Chakra Essential Oils: Jasmine Essential Oil, Myrrh Essential Oil and Clary Sage Essential Oil
Essential Oils for Crown Chakra
Considered as the chakra or the vortex of divine spiritual wisdom and an energy link to the spiritual world of ancestors, the Crown Chakra is the final one in the human chakra system. Located at the top of your head, the crown chakra essentially represents one's connection with oneself, others, and universal prowess. The crown chakra plays a larger, major role in one's purpose in life.
- Yogic name: Sahasrara
- Associated Colour: Violet, Purple
- Associated Gemstone: Amethyst, lavender quartz
- Location: Cortex of the brain, top of the skull/head
- Experience of the Self: Recognition of path and purpose, influencing change
- Element of Importance: Light
- Connection to Body Organs: Pituitary gland
- Disorder Associated: Unsurety of purpose, depression, disconnection
- Health Benefits: Heightened spiritual connection, awakening perception
- Crown Chakra Essential Oils: Rose Essential Oil and Lotus Essential Oil
How To Use Essential Oils for Balancing Chakras
Massage: Mix 6-8 drops of your well-researched essential oil into 3-5 tablespoons of carrier oil(palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and such) and gently massage at the location of the chakra in circular motions. Practice this twice a week for the best results.
Inhalation: Steam inhalation by adding your best essential oil for chakras and aromatherapy for chakras by diffusing 4-5 drops of the essential oil using an electric or a candle-lit diffuser are considered the best methods for the usage of essential oils to balance chakras. Breathe in the fragrant aroma to activate chakra by diffusing the essential oils during meditation to magnify the effects.
Blends: Essential oil blends for chakra combine different essential oils for topical application and aromatherapy to soothe the mind, body, and soul, thereby providing relief from chakra imbalances. Some types of blends suggested for chakras are:
- Cypress, Vetiver, and Sandalwood oil blend for root chakra
- Ylang Ylang, Lavender, and Jasmine oil blend for the sacral chakra
- Lavender and Cardamom oil blend for solar plexus chakra
- Marjoram, Lavender, and Chamomile oil blend for the heart chakra
- Eucalyptus and Sage oil blend for the throat chakra
- Jasmine and Myrrh oil blend for third eye chakra
- Lotus and Myrrh oil blend for the crown chakra
Bath: Add 8-10 drops of your chosen essential oil for chakras into your warm bath water for clearing the aura and wash out any remnants of imbalance, thereby soothing the mind and soul. Practice adding essential oils to bath water thrice a week and meditating after that for the magnification of effects of the essential oils to increase concentration and alleviate the imbalance.
Furthermore, essential oils for chakras work as a great and efficient medium to balance our chakra system, thereby helping in soothing the mind and soul. However, one should always keep in mind to use essential oils with utmost caution as some oils may cause skin sensitivity and irritation. So, to keep healthy, happy, and satisfied, one must work towards meditation and try to keep their chakras balanced.