Snoring is a very common problem that is faced by most people. It happens when the breathing process occurs through the mouth and the nose is blocked. Snoring results in a horse or Loud Breathing Noise. There can be several causes of snoring like Blocked Nasal Pathways, sleep deprivation, wrong sleeping posture, etc. Anti-Snoring Essential Oils also helps to treat Sleep apnea which leads to loud snoring and disturbed sleeping patterns. The Therapeutic use of essential oils through Aromatherapy can help to get rid of the Snoring Problem.
Essential Oils are chemical compounds that are extracted from various parts of plants. These oils possess infinite health-benefiting properties. It is safe to use Essential Oils for Snoring by inhaling or applying topically when they are diluted with carrier oil. Studies have shown that using Anti-snoring Oils effectively Strengthens Respiratory System and also treats many breathing problems.
Try using our best Essential Oils to get relief from Snoring rather than any chemical method because they are natural and safe for your Overall Health.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils for Snoring
Essential Oils are used to clear the blocked or stuffy nose which causes snoring. It helps to keep the respiratory system healthy that enables ease in breathing while sleeping. Here are some of the benefits of using essential oils for snoring:
- Aromatherapy for Snoring: Essential Oils extracted from the Aromatic plant compounds are used in aromatherapy as they can provide respiratory disinfection, psychological benefits, and decongestant. Aromatherapy with essential oils also stimulates the olfactory system.
- Help to Sleep Better: Some Essential Oils have a relaxing fragrance that is effective for improving sleep quality. Essential oils reduce anxiety and stress and manage the disturbed sleeping cycle which can be a reason behind snoring.
- Treats Respiratory Tract Infections: Snoring can also be one of the symptoms of respiratory infections. Essential oils possess characteristics and properties which are effective in treating respiratory problems.
- Used With Other Medications: Sometimes snoring occurs due to the consumption of strong medications and harsh medical treatment. Essential oils can be a great option to get rid of snoring while you are following a particular treatment plan.
Read More: The Ultimate Guide to Argan Oil
Top 10 Essential Oils for Snoring
Essential oils have health benefits and properties that induce deep sleep and help to get rid of the snoring problem. Here are some of the best essential oils which you can use to treat snoring issues and sleep apnea:
Peppermint Essential Oil To Avoid Snoring
Peppermint Essential Oil is extracted from the leaves of the Peppermint plant. The primary compound of Peppermint is menthol which helps to treat many respiratory problems. The fragrance of peppermint essential oil is minty and sweet which is used very commonly in aromatherapy.
Peppermint Essential Oil is used to clear the sinuses and eases the breathing issues which lead to Snoring. Inhaling Peppermint oil also helps in treating the stuffy nose and respiratory infections.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Snoring
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is made from the Eucalyptus plant. The aromatic compound present in the Eucalyptus plant has a minty and camphor-like fragrance. Eucalyptus oil is commonly used for its purifying properties.
Eucalyptus essential oil is used in many ointments, oil blends, and steaming oils as it is enriched with health-benefiting nutrients which work against Snoring. Eucalyptus oil prevents excess secretion of mucus in the respiratory system. It treats breathing problems like asthma and Bronchitis which can cause Snoring.
Marjoram Essential Oil As Anti-Snoring Oil
Marjoram Essential Oil is derived from the leaves of the Marjoram herb. The fragrance of Marjoram oil is similar to that of Oregano and Basil. It is used in the treatment of various ailments as it possesses many heath-benefiting properties.
Marjoram essential oil contains expectorant properties which that help to break up some of the mucus which disturbs breathing pattern during the night and leads to snoring. Marjoram oil also helps in inducing deep sleep and relief from anxiety and stress.
Thyme Essential Oil To Get Relief From Snoring
Thyme Essential Oil is extracted from the thyme plant (Thymus vulgaris). It has herbaceous and therapeutic fragrance that is widely used in aromatherapies and massages. Thyme essential oil also provides relief from cough and cold.
Thyme essential oil contains thymol content which has antispasmodic properties. This oil is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infections. Thyme essential oil contains many other health-promoting compounds that are effective to get rid of snoring problems.
Read More: The Ultimate Guide to Natural Butters
Valor Essential Oil To Get Rid Of Snoring
Valor Essential Oil is a balanced blend of Camphor Wood, Geranium, Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, and Frankincense oil. It contains sweet and spicy notes in its fragrance. It is very commonly used in deep tissue massages and warm relaxing baths.
Valor Essential Oil eases the breathing process. It also improves the quality of exhalation during sleep. Valor oil is commonly used in natural sleeping supplements as it has sedative properties. The massage of Valor Essential Oil near your nose and throat can give relief from snoring.
Lavender Essential Oil for Sleep Apnea
Lavender Essential Oil is extracted from the Lavandula angustifolia plant. This is very common oil that is used in aromatherapy as it has a sweet and comforting fragrance. This is best known for its calming and soothing characteristics.
Studies have shown that inhaling lavender essential oil improves sleep quality and relieves stress & anxiety. It also helps in the treatment of insomnia. The melatonin is released after inhaling Lavender Oil which helps to sleep better and prevents snoring problems.
Clary Sage Essential Oil To Stop Snoring
Clary Sage Essential Oil is derived from a flowering herb called Salvia sclarea. It has a fresh and spicy scent that is mostly used in aromatherapy and blend oils. It has several medicinal benefits which are used to treat sleep apnea and snoring.
Clary Sage Essential oil has anti-inflammatory and expectorant effects that are proved to be excellent remedies to relieve snoring naturally. It is also effective against respiratory tract infections, such as flu and the common cold.
Lemon Essential Oil To Reduce Snoring
Lemon Essential Oil is extracted from the peel and zest of the Lemon fruit. It has a pungent and citrusy fragrance. This oil is used widely to treat nausea, inflammation, and allergic reactions. It also has many other medicinal and therapeutic benefits which are commonly used in medicines and therapies.
Lemon Essential Oil eases the breath and purifies the air. It is used in aromatherapies as it treats breathing problems too. This oil helps to ease mucus buildup and calm nasal congestion. It also relaxes the muscles within the throat and prevents the snoring problem.
Fennel Seed Essential Oil for Snoring
Fennel Seed Essential Oil is made from the seeds and leaves of the Fennel plant. It has herbaceous and sweet fragrance that refreshes the mood. It boosts the metabolism and improves the digestive system. Fennel seed oil also improves the health of the lungs and respiratory tract.
Diffusing Fennel Seed Essential Oil can help to calm and soothe the mind and body. It also reduces inflammation in the nose and throat which can be a reason behind snoring. Fennel seed oil also improves the flow of air through their nasal pathway, treating sleep apnea.
Clove Essential Oil To Avoid Snoring
Clove Essential Oil is derived from flower buds of the clove trees. It has an earthy and spicy aroma that has many medicinal and herbal benefits. Clove essential oil is widely used to treat inflammation, respiratory infections, flu, and breathing problems.
Clove Essential Oil possesses health benefitting properties that are used to get rid of phlegm in the chest. It also helps to clear the stuffy nose and improve the flow of air through the nasal passage. Clove oil is one of the best natural essential oil for snoring.
How to use Essential Oils for Snoring
No Snoring Essential Oil Massage Blend: Dilute the Essential Oil with carrier oil and massage it on your chest, underneath your nose, and around the back of your neck.
- Steam Inhalation: Adding a few drops of Essential Oil to hot water and breathing in the vapor can help to get rid of the Snoring problem.
- Essential Oil Diffuser Blends For Snoring: Infuse the diffuser with any of the above-mentioned Essential Oil for about 20 minutes before sleeping and allow the aroma to fully spread in your sleeping space.
Best Essential Oil Blend Recipes for Snoring
The above-mentioned Essential oils are a natural aid for snoring and Sleep apnea. But apart from there are some other essential oils like Pine Essential Oil, Citronella Essential Oil, Valerian Essential Oil, etc. which are also used to reduce or treat the Snoring problem.
Here are some of the recipes which you can make to solve the snoring issue:
Massage Oil Blend for Snoring: You can make the snore stop essential oil recipe massage blend using Lavender Essential Oil and Eucalyptus Essential Oil from VedaOils.
- Take 5 drops each of Lavender Essential Oil and Eucalyptus Essential Oil and dilute it with 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil.
- Mix the blend thoroughly.
- Apply and massage this oil blend on your nose, throat, and back of your neck.
- Take a diffuser filled with water and 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Mix the blend carefully.
- Inhale the scent to get relief from the Snoring problem.
Precautions to be Taken While Using Essential Oils for Snoring
Although essential oils are made from all plant-based ingredients they can have certain side effects too. These oils are highly Concentrated so here are some precautionary measures that are needed to be followed:
- Dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil before using them.
- Do not swallow essential oils as they can be toxic or poisonous.
- Keep the essential oils away from kids and pets.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are recommended to consult their doctors before using essential oils.
- If you have any prior medical condition consult your doctor before using essential oils.
- If your skin feels irritated after using any of the essential oil, rinse it off immediately using a mild soap.
Snoring is a fairly common problem that is faced by many people. It can be caused due to several reasons. Essential Oil is a natural aid to reduce or get rid of the Snoring Problem. It has health benefits that improve the health of the respiratory system. You can Buy the Best Quality Essential Oils from VedaOils at a Wholesale Price to treat snoring and sleep apnea. Using them regularly will make your overall health better.
You May Also Like:
- World's Best Natural Moisturizer: Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Back Pain Relief in 2021 - Try Now
- Best Essential Oils for Cold Sores - How to Use Blends Perfectly
- Best Essential Oil to Repel Mosquitoes - Get Rid of Mosquito Bite Scars
- 10 Best Essential Oil For Allergies - Get Rid of Allergies with Essential Oils