Cedarwood Essential Oil
Retrieved from the barks of the Cedar trees, the Cedarwood Essential Oil is widely used in skin care, haircare, and personal care products. Different types of Cedarwood trees are found in different parts of the world. We have used the barks of Cedar trees that are found in the Himalayan region. Cedarwood oil used in aromatherapy due to its relaxing woody scent that has a calming effect on both the mind and body.
It is also sometimes used to induce a peaceful and harmonious ambience during religious ceremonies, prayers, and offerings. It also exhibits powerful insecticidal properties that can be used while making DIY insect repellents. Cedarwood essential oil is known for its antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Organic Cedarwood essential oil is also healthy for your scalp and hair and is also used to treat issues like hair fall, itchiness of scalp, dandruff, etc. All these properties make it a multi-purpose essential oil for everyone. As it is a concentrated oil, we would recommend using a diluted form of this oil by blending it with a suitable carrier oil while applying topically. It suits all skin types, but if you have overly sensitive skin, you can apply a small portion of this oil on your elbow to check whether it causes any irritation.
Features of Cedarwood Essential Oil
The special features of Cedarwood Essential Oil are as follows:
- Aromatic & Spiritual Benefits - Cedarwood essential oil is used in aromatherapy and due to its relaxing woody scent that has a calming effect on both the mind and body. You can even diffuse cedarwood oil while meditating to reach a deeper level of meditation.
- Antibacterial - The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of this oil make it one of the key ingredients that can be used to treat skin infections. It can also be used as a disinfectant to treat minor wounds and scrapes.
- Beneficial for skin - Good quality and organic cedarwood essential oil prove to be an effective cosmetic ingredient due to its therapeutic properties and nutritive benefits. Moreover, it also soothes the skin and keeps issues like acne and breakouts at bay.
- Anti-inflammatory - The anti-inflammatory properties of Cedar oil can be used to relieve muscle and joint pains. It can also reduce muscle stiffness and strain to some extent.
- Detoxifying - The detoxifying effects of Cedarwood oil makes it an effective addition in skincare applications. It can protect your skin from harmful toxins and external factors like harsh sunlight, pollution, etc.
- Antispasmodic - Its antispasmodic properties of Cedarwood Essential Oil enable you to use it as a massage oil as well. Moreover, it also neutralizes contractions and impulses that you may experience during cramps or nausea.
Uses of Cedarwood Essential Oil
Some of the key uses of this essential oil are as follows:
- Balancing Mind - The calming scent of Cedarwood Oil helps you to balance your mood swings. It also helps you to recover from fatigue as its refreshing scent revitalizes and rejuvenates your mind and body.
- Treating Respiratory Issues - Common cold symptoms like cough and cold can prevent you from breathing smoothly. Cedarwood Oil can soothe coughs and facilitate a smooth respiration process.
- Cleansing the Scalp - It cleanses your scalp deeply by removing excess oil and dirt from it. It also eliminates dandruff and reduces scalp irritation by doing so.
- Fighting Hair Loss - Cedarwood Oil has the ability to tighten your hair follicles and improve circulation to the scalp. Pure cedarwood essential oil improves hair growth and reduces the chances of hair fall.
- Preventing Skin Infections - Cedarwood Essential Oil eliminates harmful bacteria and fungi that cause skin issues. Therefore, it proves to be good for your overall skin health and well-being as well.
- Treating Skin Dryness - It not only soothes skin irritation but also reduces dryness because of its emollient properties. By doing so, it reduces the chances of the formation of cracks and blisters on your skin.
Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil
The main benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil are as follows:
- Eliminates Unpleasant Smell - You can use this essential oil as a deodorizer as it eliminates foul smell from your rooms. You can also use it as a car freshener.
- Firm & Youthful Skin - Cedarwood oil makes your skin firm and reduces the chances of the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. As a result, it helps to keep your skin firm and youthful.
- Acne Treatment - As it is strong enough to kill the bacteria that cause skin issues like acne, you can use it in your regular cosmetic and skincare products. Just add a few drops of Cedarwood Oil in your creams and lotions to keep your skin blemish-free!
- Soothes Pain - The anti-inflammatory properties of Cedarwood oil provides relief from the pain associated with ailments like eczema, arthritis, etc. It can also provide relief from sunburn and rashes.
- Promotes Sound Sleep -The sedative properties of this essential oil helps you to sleep peacefully at night. You can also enjoy a hot bath by adding a couple of drops of this oil in your bathtub to tackle issues like insomnia.
- Exuberant Scent - The woody scent of Cedarwood essential oil can be used as a base note in natural DIY perfumes. Moreover, its scent is perfect for products like aftershave lotions and colognes.
Buy 100% Pure Cedarwood Essential Oil Online at Low Prices in India on VedaOils
VedaOils is one of the leading Wholesale suppliers, manufacturer, and exporter of Cedarwood Essential Oil and other Essential Oil in India. We offer the purest forms of essential oils to our customers. No chemicals, additives, or fillers are added to them. They also do not contain any artificial colors, preservatives, and fragrances. Therefore, they prove to be ideal for daily use. Though entirely natural, you should dilute Cedarwood Essential Oil before using it for topical application as it is highly concentrated.
We employ numerous tests and quality checks to ensure that only premium-quality and cedarwood essential Oil reaches you. The highest quality and packaging standards are employed to deliver desirable results on usage. Also, our portal uses a secure payment gateway to safeguard your transactions. Buy Cedarwood Oil from VedaOils online according to requirements at the best competitive prices in the market. You can order Cedarwood Essential Oil for your daily purposes such as dark circles, skin lightening, hair growth, arthritis, digestion, and better oral health. Check out cedarwood oil price per Kg, and even you can purchase this essential oil in bulk quantity.
We are one of the largest manufacturers, suppliers, and exporters of top-quality Cedarwood Essential Oil and other essential oils in India. We also export our high-quality Cedarwood Essential Oil to the US, Canada, UK, Australia and other countries. Our products follow the highest standards when it comes to quality and purity. We assure you that you will not regret choosing us! We also deliver the products throughout the world using our logistic partners DHL, FedEx Blue Dart, India Post, etc. Do not miss this excellent opportunity to buy chemical-free, fresh, and multi-purpose Cedarwood Oil from VedaOils.
Cedarwood Essential Oil Specifications
- Botanical Name : Juniperus Virginiana
- Major Constituents : Cedarwood Bark Extract
- Extraction or Processing Method : Steam Distillation
- Country of Origin : India
- Solubility : It is soluble in alcohol and some oils.
- Aromatic Scent : Cedarwood Himalayan Oil has a woody, Cedarwood scent.
- Shelf Life : 7 years
- Form : Liquid
- Color & Odor : Yellow to amber in color & it exhibits a woody odor.
- Blends with : Rosewood, Jasmine, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, and Bergamot essential oils.
- Specific Gravity : 0.927 - 0.940 @ 20°C
- Optical Rotation : +65 to +90
- Refractive Index : 1.50- 1.520 @ 20°C
- Flash Point : 115° C
- Origin or Part Used : Bark
- CAS# : 8000-27-9
- F.E.M.A # : 2267
Cedarwood Essential Oil- FAQs
Q1: Which oils blend perfectly with Cedarwood Essential Oil?
Q2: Can I apply Cedarwood essential oil to my pet to keep moth and flea away?
Ans: Yes, you can apply a diluted version of Cedarwood oil on your pet to keep insects, moths, and fleas away. However, don’t forget to consult a doctor before using it for pets.
Q3: Why is Cedarwood essential oil effective against sleeplessness or insomnia?
Ans: Cedarwood essential oil is effective against sleep disturbance or insomnia due to its sedative properties.
Q4: Can I add this essential oil directly to my hair shampoos and conditioners?
Ans: Yes, you may do so for treating issues like dandruff or hair fall.
Q5: Which are the main compounds found in Cedarwood oil?
Ans: Compounds like thujopsene, cedrine, and cedrol are found in Cedarwood essential oil.
Q5: Cedarwood Essential oil safe for cat and dogs?
Ans: This oil can be used to repel moths, ticks and fleas in pets but do not let digest them. Also, try to mix with other carrier oil before using it.
- It is meant only for external use.
- Do a patch skin test before applying it to your skin.
- Dilute it before topical application.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using it.
All the details mentioned in the above statements are carefully monitored and evaluated. VedaOils manufactures essential oils for external use only. We do not formulate them to heal, cure, prevent, or detect any ailment or disease. VedaOils does not validate the 100% accuracy of any of the information that is published here. We do not claim anything here, and citations are meant only for reference purposes. For more details, you can read the 'DISCLAIMER' of our website.