Acne is a very common problem in youngsters which occurs due to the poor lifestyle of people. Acne and pimples generally target oily skin as the excess oil of the skin clog up the skin pores. Acne usually occurs on your face, chest, and back. There are several reasons for acne issues such as using too many cosmetic products, being stressed all the time, or having a poor diet. Acne is not even just a problem in young teens but also a common problem in adults sometimes because harsh weather conditions cause an impact on your skin if you don’t take proper care of it. You can use Essential Oil for Acne Treatment.
Essential oils are good for the skin because of their healing properties. There are several ways to treat these acne scars like medications, gels, lotions, and face packs but these products can make your acne problem worse because of the harmful chemicals they are made of. If you are looking for an easy and safe way to treat your acne problem then you should go for essential oils. You can use essential oils for back acne blemishes, blackheads, and many skin problems.
Why Choose An Essential Oil For Acne?
Essential oils are the natural and the safest way to get rid of acne and skin problems as they are made with natural flowers and plants, so you need not worry while using these oils with the proper concentration.
Essential oils are highly concentrated, you have to dilute them with the particular carrier oil to use it topically. Here are some reasons why you should choose essential oils for acne and pimple issues:
- Effective Option for Teens: Acne is a common problem in teenagers especially when they are going through puberty. At the time they hit puberty their hormones start to change rapidly and sometimes this rapid change in hormones causes acne, blisters, pimples, etc. In this case, you can use essential oils in your daily routine.
- Good for People with Oily Skin: Having numerous benefits, essential oils can be applied to any skin type. Acne generally occurs on oily skin, you can use blends of essential oils for pimples and blackheads. Essential oils are concentrated, you have to dilute them with a suitable carrier oil before topical use.
- Pimple Problems: Most of the essential oils have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, so they can be used to fight pimple problems and the scars caused by pimples. Essential oils are considered a natural remedy for treating pimples and blemishes. You can blend essential oils in your acne treating products to enhance their properties and for better results.
Top 10 Essential Oils For Acne Scars
You can use essential oils for blackheads and while practicing yoga, meditation, or exercises if you are thinking to change your lifestyle to treat your skin problems. Changing your lifestyle and diet both are good ways to lower your acne issue. There are plenty of essential oils you can choose that suit your skin. Every oil has its healing benefits. Here are some of the best essential oils for acne scars and blackheads, with their uses:
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil is well known for its herbal qualities. It is extracted from the plant named melaleuca alternifolia. It has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Tea Tree essential oil works as a spot treatment for pimples. It can also use to wipe or sanitize the pimples, it rapidly dries out the pus from a pimple which reduces the size of the pimple and soon gets disappear. It is good at treating viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is known to be a minty healing herb. It has a strong and refreshing smell. Being an herb it has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. It targets acne-causing microbes and minimizes pores effectively. It stimulates the appropriate amount of blood circulation in your skin and promotes acne free skin.
Rosemary essential oil works well for getting rid of blemishes too. You can use this essential oil for breakouts. For better use take 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil and mix it with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil and now apply it on your acne-prone skin.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil comes from citrus paradisi fruit. It has a tangy citrusy smell which also lifts your mood. Grapefruit essential oil contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and astringent properties. It will help especially those people who are starting to see the first signs of acne, blemishes, or age lines.
Grapefruit essential oil contains a high amount of vitamin C which works best for people with any skin problem. For better use mix 1-2 drops of grapefruit essential oil with jojoba oil and apply on your skin.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is extracted from lemon peel. It has an original citrusy smell of freshly cut lemons. The lemon essential oil works the best for people with oily as it absorbs the excess oil stored on your pores making your skin look much more balanced and radiant.
The lemon essential oil also contains a high level of vitamin C which helps in getting rid of dead skin cells which usually clogs up your pores. It has healing properties and is one of the best essential oil for blackheads.
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood essential oil is extracted from the roots and wood of the santalum album. It has a sweet, woody, floral, and strong smell. It is common in people with dry skin to experience many skin problems and inflammation, sandalwood essential oil helps in soothing inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Sandalwood essential oil has antibacterial and antioxidant which especially help people with cystic acne-prone people. Its calming smell will calm down your anxiety and tension which can be one of the reasons for acne breakouts.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed essential oil comes from seeds of the Daucus carota plant. It has an earthly, woodsy, and warm aroma. Carrot seed essential oil is known for its skin benefitting properties, it can rejuvenate, and soothe the skin.
Carrot seed essential oil improves the elasticity of your skin and diminishes the fine lines and acne with perfectly moisturizing fry skin. For better use mix a drop of carrot seed essential oil, 5 drops of lavender essential oil, and 1 teaspoon of any carrier oil like almond oil and mix everything and apply to your skin.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil is extracted from the Boswellia sacra tree. It has a woody and sweet scent. It shows a cooling effect if you apply this essential oil on irritation causing skin and also helps in getting rid of harmful bacterial growth on your skin which can make your acne worse.
Frankincense essential oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and wound healing properties. For better use add 10 drops of frankincense essential oil with 5 drops of sandalwood essential oil in ½ cup of warm water now use a cotton swab or cloth gently apply this blend on your acne-prone skin.
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass essential oil is extracted from the leaves and stalks of the lemongrass plant. Lemongrass is a non-photo toxic essential oil so you can easily use it on a sunny day. It has a fresh, grassy, lemony scent that will help you in improving your concentration potential.
Lemongrass essential oil shows antioxidant properties that help in fighting acne-causing bacteria. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties can help also help you out in decreasing the severity of pimples and irritation caused by pimples and acne. It is found to be one of the best essential oil for zits and dark spots.
Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil is made from the leaves of the patchouli plant, a specific type of aromatic herb. It has a sweet, woody, and spicy smell. It is also known as a tissue generator and will help your skin to get naturally radiant and healthy.
Patchouli essential oil works well for all skin types and controls dryness or oil generated by your skin. It helps in tightening your skin and improving the skin tone which also lets your blemishes and acne fade away. For better use, you can add 5 drops to your face wash or lotion for acne-free skin.
Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano essential oil is extracted from the Origanum vulgare plant. It belongs to the mint family and has a spicy strong scent similar to marjoram essential oil. Oregano oil contains a high level of carvacrol which helps in fighting acne and blemishes causing bacteria.
Oregano oil has antifungal properties because of its high level of thymol, which helps in avoiding the further generation of acne or pimples. For better use mix 1 drop of oregano essential oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil and apply to your skin.
How to Use Essential Oils for Acne
There are several ways to use essential oils to get rid of pimples fast, here are some of them explained below that you can use in your daily life:
- Essential Oil Steam- Steam sessions with the help of essential oils can rejuvenate your skin and moisturizes it perfectly. These steam sessions will unclog your pores which reduces the chances of acne getting worse.
- Vitamin C Products- Some essential oils are filled with vitamin C which help in getting rid of acne scars because of their anti-inflammatory properties. Citrus essential oils like lemon essential oil can help in stimulating collagen production in the skin which decreases acne scars. Do add vitamin C filled essential oils to your routine for better results.
- Exfoliating Skin Peel-off Masks- Make an exfoliating peel-off mask is known to be a very effective solution for treating acne problems because it works directly on pores and soaks in the dirt or oil stored in your pores which will unclog the pores.
Best Recipes for Using Essential Oil for Acne
There are many essential oils other than the above-mentioned oils which can be used to fade away the acne scars such as lavender essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil, rosehip, and cinnamon essential oil.
Mentioned below are few recipes to use essential oils in your routine which can help you out in your DIY acne products plans:
Exfoliating Body Scrub
- Take a bowl and add 3 drops of cinnamon essential oil, 6 drops of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of brown sugar
- Now mix everything properly and after that slowly-slowly and add 12 teaspoons of Coconut oil.
- Now use this mixture either at the time of bathing or before bathing time.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Acne Blend
- Take a bowl and add 12 drops of tea tree oil.
- Add 1 ounce of any carrier oil like Jojoba oil, coconut oil, or Almond oil.
- Now mix everything and your mixture is ready. You can use this acne essential oil blend two times a day.
- Boil 2-3 cups of water first.
- After water gets boiled transfer it to a bowl.
- Now add 1-2 drops of Lavender and Rose essential oil.
- Cover your head and bowl with a towel and let the steam work on your face.
- Continue this steam session for 15-20 minutes for better results.
Precautions to be Taken While Using Essential Oils for Acne
- Do not use essential oils directly on your skin. Mix them with appropriate carrier oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc.
- If you have any allergic skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis or rosacea then do consult your dermatologist before using any essential oil.
- If you are pregnant or lactating then consult your doctor before using any essential oil.
- Do a patch test before using essential oil.
- In case you feel any irritation or pain after applying essential oils on your skin then immediately wash that part of your body with soap and water.
- Use essential oils inappropriate and prescribed amount.
Essential oils are well known for their skin benefitting properties. These oils will let your skin work naturally rather than filling up your skin pores with chemicals. Essential oil not only helps you to fight acne but also used as a skin toner, and rejuvenator. It works for the overall well-being of your skin rather than just working for any particular cause. You can give your skin a little self-care and a relaxing time by adding these natural oils for acne treatment to your daily routine. Being a magical healer for your skin it will also provide you mesmerizing scent to your skin which will relax your mind and relieve stress and anxiety.