Ingredients like Shikakai and Reetha (soapnut) have been used for hair care purposes in India. Though common household names, these ingredients are not used as much as they used to be. It is because people have started purchasing shampoos and conditioners directly from the shops.
However, with the smart use of these ingredients with other hair care materials, you can obtain better results for your hair. Therefore, we are introducing a unique hair care recipe that will make your tresses shine and grow rapidly.
Herbal Hair Wash Powder Benefits
It is beneficial to prefer herbal hair wash over chemical-based hair care ingredients. A natural herbal hair wash is safe for your hair and scalp, and they do not cause any side effects and deliver faster results when used properly and with the right ingredients. Here are the few main benefits of using herbal powder hair wash:
- Chemical Free: As ingredients obtained from natural and organic sources are utilized for making this herbal hair wash powder, it is safe for your hair. Also, the scalp does not get affected by using this DIY herbal hair wash solution.
- Dry Hair Remedy: Packed with nutrients and vitamins, our DIY herbal hair wash powder hydrates hair and keeps it conditioned for a long time. As a result, your hair instantly becomes soft, smooth, and silky, and you feel confident about yourself.
- Hair Loss Treatment: Our homemade herbal hair wash powder reduces hair fall by infusing key nutrients essential for maintaining the texture and strength of your hair follicles. It also promotes hair growth and ensures that your tresses remain thick and shiny.
- Strengthening Hair: The ingredients like Shikakai and Soapnut improve blood circulation in the scalp region. As a result, your hair becomes strong from the roots, which supports healthy hair growth as well. Regular use of this powder will ensure long-term benefits.
- Reduce Dandruff: By maintaining blood flow in the scalp, our Homemade Herbal Hair Wash Powder ensures that the scalp does not become dry and flaky. This directly contributes towards a reduction in dandruff, and your scalp becomes healthy and clean.
Herbal Hair Wash Powder Ingredient Proportions
Using the ingredients mentioned above for making DIY herbal hair wash powder would generate perfect results. However, you also need to choose their proportions wisely for getting the desired results quickly. Below are the ingredients are their suggested proportions:
- Shikakai Powder - 4 Parts
- Reetha Powder - 2 Parts
- Methi - 2 Parts
- Neem Leaves - 1 Part
- Hibiscus Flowers - 1 Part
Know Your Herbal Hair Wash Powder Ingredients
Ingredients are the most important part of any hair care recipe. However, as the ingredients we are using are completely natural and skin-friendly, we would like to mention the exact purpose of their use along with the expected benefits. It will guide you while selecting the proportions and ingredients from the right places as well.
- Shikakai Hair Wash Powder: Shikakai hair wash powder usually consists of many ingredients. However, we recommend using pure and unadulterated Shikakai powder that does not contain anything else. It contains saponin that imparts lathering properties and is ideal for providing rich nutrition for your hair follicles and scalp.
- Reetha Powder for Hair Wash: Reetha powder is a natural hair cleanser. It eliminates dirt, excess oil, grime, and other toxins from your scalp and hair. It promotes the healthy growth of hair and nourishes the scalp as well. People prefer to mix it with Amla, but we suggest you use pure and organic Reetha powder.
- Neem Leaves: Neem leaves promote hair growth and also impart a healthy shine to your tresses. It can darken your hair naturally and also eliminate foul smells arising due to sweat and dust. Neem leaves also reduce dandruff. Choose fresh and dark green Neem leaves for best results.
- Methi Seeds: Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds) prevent hair fall and promote the thickening of hair follicles. They nourish dry and listless hair and are high in protein and nicotinic acid, which are beneficial against dandruff and hair fall. It also cures baldness and is extensively used in hair care products.
- Hibiscus Flowers: Hibiscus flowers contain amino acids that work as a hair conditioner. It produces keratin that softens and nourishes your hair locks, and it also promotes hair growth and covers bald patches to some extent. Dried hibiscus flowers are easily available from shopping portals these days but choose the portal wisely.
DIY Herbal Hair Wash Powder Homemade Recipe
Follow the below steps to make Homemade Herbal Hair Wash Powder without any issues:
Step 1: Crush all the ingredients
We already have Shikakai and Reetha in powdered form. Therefore, there is no need to crush them further. However, crush Neem leaves, dried Hibiscus flowers, and Methi seeds separately before mixing them.
Step 2: Mix the Powders
Now, mix all the powders until it turns into a homogenous mixture. Use a spoon or spatula to mix these ingredients well. There is no need to press them, and neither should you add water while mixing these ingredients.
Step 3: Store the Mixture
Finally, you need to store the mixture. Choose an airtight container for storing as it will maintain the effectiveness of the raw ingredients that we have mixed.
How to Apply Homemade Herbal Hair Wash Powder on Hair at Home?
Follow these steps while using or applying our Homemade Herbal Hair Wash Powder on your hair:
Step 1: Choose the Required Amount
Choose the required amount of herbal hair wash powder according to the length and volume of your hair. You will need extra powder if your hair is oily.
Step 2: Mix with Water
Mix the powder that you have taken from the storage container with water. Don’t add too much water as you need a thick paste for applying the mixture evenly on your hair.
Step 3: Massage Evenly
Massage the solution evenly on your scalp and tresses and leave it on your hair for 5 to 10 minutes before washing. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You have just created a fabulous natural hair wash powder that is full of natural goodness. Being chemical-free and healthy for hair, you will experience great results in a quick time with this herbal powder mixture. However, don't purchase the ingredients from random sources, as you need to ensure that only herbal, pure, and natural ingredients are incorporated in your DIY hair wash recipe. Finally, don't use chemical-based shampoos and ingredients while using this herbal powder as it would affect its performance. Use our herbal hair wash powder and experience perfect hair days!