When your face is dry or patchy, it affects your mood as you are no longer beautiful. The first thing that comes to your mind to heal dry skin on the face is whether to use a moisturiser or something else. We would recommend you use a homemade face serum for dry skin.
The moisturizers you get at a cosmetic shop might not contain the best ingredients. Instead, you can make a DIY face serum for dry skin by using some ingredients that are easily available at your home. Some unavailable things can be easily brought from the market.
How to Make Face Serum for Dry Skin?
Making serum for dry skin on the face is rather easy. First, you need a couple of essential oils and some carrier oils to neutralise their concentration. Apart from that, you may add some ingredients that you think suit your face. However, don’t forget to select ingredients that are obtained from natural and pure sources, as you would not like them to affect the texture and tonality of your face.
Homemade Face Serum for Dry Skin Ingredients List
You may use several essential oils for making a homemade face serum for dry skin. Some recipes require you to use only a couple of oils, whereas others may need more than that. It all depends on the availability of oils and the reasons for their use. For instance, adding sandalwood essential oil might be a good option if you want a glow for your face apart from healing dry skin. Here are some ingredients that we will be using in our homemade DIY dry skin serum:
- Rosehip Seed Oil - 4 Drops
- Sandalwood Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Rose Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Jasmine Essential Oil - 5 Drops
Know Homemade Serum for Dry Face Ingredients
Now that you know which ingredients are used in the homemade face serum, you must also understand why they are included in our recipe. Some of these oils contain powerful therapeutic benefits. In contrast, we have added Rosehip Seed Oil due to its healing properties and diluted the concentrated essential oils we are using here. The key properties of our DIY homemade face serum ingredients are explained below:
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip seed oil boosts collagen production, which gives a healthy glow to your face. It can heal dry skin and possesses anti-inflammatory properties because of the high content of Vitamin E.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: Sandalwood essential oil works beautifully to improve skin tone. It hydrates the skin and soothes inflammation. You may even try to heal the tan formed due to overexposure to sunlight.
- Rose Essential Oil: If you make DIY glow serum for dry skin, don’t forget to add Rose Essential Oil. It repairs the skin texture and adds a nice glow to your face by working on the complexion.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil soothes dry skin. It works against skin redness and treats irritated and rough skin seamlessly. It also works against several skin issues due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Jasmine Essential Oil: Jasmine Essential Oil heals dry skin and relaxes it. It also works against rough and irritated skin and tries to restore the natural complexion by adding a healthy glow.
Homemade Facial Serum for Dry Skin Recipe
Now that you know which ingredients work the best for DIY serum or dry skin, it's time to understand how to make homemade serum for dry skin. This homemade facial serum for dry skin uses some of the ingredients mentioned above. By using this DIY recipe, your face will feel fresh and smooth.
- Step 1: Take some rosehip seed oil in a glass bowl.
- Step 2: Mix rose essential oil, jasmine essential oil, Lavender Essential Oil, and sandalwood essential oil in it.
- Step 3: Keep this mixture in the dark, dry, and cold. If possible, you should store it in a dark amber colored bottle.
- Step 4: Cleanse your face and apply the face serum gently. Use circular motions and massage the oil on your face for a couple of minutes.
- Step 5: There is no need to wash your face as the oils will get automatically absorbed in your skin.
Now that you know how to make DIY face serum for dry skin, you can try it in your home. Ask your friends to try it out and take their feedback and opinions to improve your recipe further. You may also share this innovative and effective recipe directly through your social media account and help thousands!