Do you have chapped, cracked, or peeled lips or want to keep your lips hydrated and sun-protected? However, If you do not want to use a chemical lip balm. Then you've come to the right place; we make lip balm with natural ingredients.
Let us show you how to make your own at home using only a few ingredients. This beeswax lip balm recipe also makes a great diy gift to make and give to family and friends.
What Is Beeswax?
Beeswax is a natural wax produced by Apis mellifera honey bees. Eight wax-producing glands in the abdomen segments of worker bees shape the wax into scales, which they dump in or around the hive.
What Type Of Beeswax Is Best For Lip Balm?
All types of beeswax provide excellent benefits in lip balm; however, if you want the best, choose VedaOils' yellow or white beeswax pellets.
Benefits Of Beeswax For Lips
Beeswax is a natural ingredient that can magically heal your lips, but how? In this section, we'll look at the benefits of beeswax for lips.
- Natural Moisturizer : One of the best advantages of beeswax is that it is exceptionally moisturizing due to natural emulsifiers that aid in moisture retention. As a result, beeswax is an excellent ingredient for treating dry and chapped lips.
- Protect From The Sun : Beeswax for lips is becoming increasingly popular because it protects the sensitive skin on your lips from harmful UV rays. Just as sunscreen protects your skin from damage, beeswax can protect your lips from the damage that sun exposure can cause.
- Offer Anti-Bacterial : Beeswax is an excellent lip balm ingredient because it contains anti-bacterial elements that work wonders to protect the sensitive skin on your lips. These properties help to reduce the appearance of redness, inflammation, and fungal infections on your lips.
- Chemical & Parabens Free : Consider using beeswax for lips if you want a natural product that doesn't contain any parabens, alcohol, or added chemicals. So, if you're looking for a natural lip product, beeswax for lips should be at the top of your list.
- Naturally Sweet : One of the most significant advantages of beeswax is its sweet taste and smell. Because of its taste and smell, natural beeswax will make wearing it on your lips a pleasurable experience.
Homemade Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe
Beeswax is an excellent ingredient for making lip balm because it blends well with other ingredients and provides unrivaled benefits. Let's make some beeswax lip balm recipes at home.
Recipe 1: Honey And Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax and honey act as emulsifiers on the lips, locking in moisture and treating dryness and flaking. Lips will become hydrated and softer with regular use.
Step 1: In a double boiler, melt the beeswax. Stir in the almond oil until well combined.
Step 2: Remove from the heat, then add the honey and stir well.
Step 3: Allow the mixture to settle in the lip balm container. And Once settled, use this balm twice a day for a year, assuming there is any left.
Recipe: 2 Coconut Oil And Beeswax Lip Balm
Coconut oil is well-known for its electrolytes, which moisturize, nourish, and make your lips naturally softer and lighter.
Step 1: Melt beeswax in a microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Step 2: Heat for another 30 minutes with the coconut oil.
Step 3: Stir in the strawberry flavor oil until well combined. And Pour it into the container and set it aside for two days.
Recipe: 3 Shea Butter And Beeswax Lip Balm
Shea Butter and Beeswax provide a soothing sensation to the lips and a cure and protection from fungal infections. Lips become pinker and more lustrous when used regularly.
- Beeswax - 4 Teaspoons
- Shea Butter - 4 Teaspoons
- Vitamin E Oil - 4 Drops
- Raspberry Flavor Oil - 5 Drops
Step 1: In a double boiler, melt beeswax and shea butter.
Step 2: Turn off the heat and stir the vitamin E and raspberry flavor oil until completely melted.
Step 3: Fill a container halfway with the mixture and set it aside for at least 24-36 hours. ThereFor softer lips, apply the beeswax lip balm twice a day.
Recipe: 4 Beeswax And Olive Oil Lip Balm Recipe
Olive oil, like coconut oil, provides excellent hydration. This lip balm removes dead skin, flaking, and fungal infections when combined with beeswax. Beeswax lip balm recipes provide itch-free lips.
- Beeswax - 4 Teaspoons
- Virgin Olive Oil - 3 Teaspoons
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 Teaspoon
- Watermelon Flavor Oil - 5 Drops
Step 1: Place beeswax and olive oil in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
Step 2: Once completely melted, stir in the aloe vera gel and watermelon flavor oil.
Step 3: Allow the balm to set for a few days. And Use it three times per day to get pinker, softer lips.
Recipe: 5 Beeswax And Vaseline Lip Balm Recipe
Petroleum jellies are excellent for soothing dry, cracked lips. Combined with beeswax, it provides an extra kick and heals your lips more quickly and effectively. Regular application recovers and protects.
- Beeswax - 4 Teaspoons
- Petroleum Jelly - 3 Teaspoons
- Jojoba Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Caramel Flavor Oil - 5 Drops
Step 1: Stir beeswax, petroleum jelly, and jojoba oil in a double boiler until completely melted.
Step 2: Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the caramel flavor oil.
Step 3: Put the mixture in a lip container and leave it for 1-2 days. Then Use it twice or three times per day to achieve amazingly healthy lips.
In conclusion, if you want to naturally hydrate your lips, there is nothing better than beeswax. All of these recipes are long-lasting and provide multiple benefits to your lips. Just make sure to get the purest ingredients, which you can do by visiting VedaOils.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have some concerns, here is our frequently asked question section that may resolve your additional queries.
Q. Is Beeswax Good For Dark Lips?
Ans. Beeswax, like honey, is derived from bees and has been used by humans for centuries as salve and balm. It retains moisture and reduces dryness when applied to the lips. Because it contains natural emulsifiers, it is a popular moisturizing compound.
Q. What Are the 3 Benefits Of Beeswax In Lip Balm?
Ans. The following three advantages of beeswax in lip balm:Beeswax prevents dryness and locks in moisture. Then Due to its anti-inflammatory qualities, beeswax can aid in calming irritated or chapped lips. Beeswax is the perfect product to use in windy or chilly weather since it can help to build a barrier between the lips and the outside world.
Q. Is Beeswax Better Than Petroleum Jelly?
Ans. Petroleum jelly and beeswax both have advantages for our lips, making a decision difficult. Simply combine the two ingredients because they are both necessary for lip care and will result in moist, supple lips.
Q. What Are The Side Effects Of Beeswax?
Ans. Although beeswax is not considered dangerous, ingesting a lot of it could obstruct the intestines. Use it only topically and follow the recipes mentioned above.