Carrier oils are the ones that are extracted and made from plants. These oils are known with such a name as they are used to dilute essential oils and further ‘carry’ them perfectly on your skin. Most of the carrier oils are either lightly scented or completely unscented.
For the proper nourishment of your skin, they should better be used solely or mixed with other suitable oils. Either used on their own or as a base with any skincare products, carrier oils are a go-to ingredient for the skin because of their unmatchable natural composition.
How Carrier Oils Helpful for SkinCare?
The right choice of carrier oil for your skin type is always considered to be immensely helpful. For instance, if you have oily skin, lightweight jojoba oil is the best choice to opt for. Whereas, if your skin is more on a dry side then avocado oil is good to be chosen as it tends to be loaded with fatty acids and is occlusive in nature.
One of the important benefits of carrier oils is regeneration that means they are wonderful at healing wounds and preventing scarring. The carrier oils are helpful to nurture dry skin type or mature skin effectively. The oils help in getting rid of sun damage, dark spots, sensitive or broken skin very well. The carrier oils because of their distinctive attributes are found to be very helpful with various types of skin conditions.
Carrier Oils For Different Skin types
It’s very important to figure out which is the best carrier oil for your respective skin type. With numerous beneficial properties of carrier oils, always choose the finest oils that would make your skin glow and effectively healthy.
- For Dry Skin: Various Carrier Oils are made from seeds and get absorbed deeply into the skin. They have Vitamin A that helps in nourishing the skin by keeping it well moisturized and hydrated all day. They even soften and calm the irritation on a dry and sensitive skin type.
- For Oily Skin: Jojoba oil is considered to be the best for oily skin types. This Carrier Oil has inflammatory properties and helps in balancing out the skin. Vitamin E in Jojoba oil acts as an antioxidant that basically blocks free radicals from the body and helps effectively in slowing down the aging process. It even maintains the skin ph levels and makes it look more youthful and refreshing.
- For Sensitive Skin: There are a lot of carrier oils that best suit all skin types. Sweet Almond oil is considered to be one of the best carrier oil for Sensitive Skin. This oil has all the necessary fatty acids, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A which are very good for sensitive skin. Carrier oils help to treat all the skin conditions very well such as Eczema and psoriasis.
- For Combination Skin: Often we search for carrier oils good for skin that are suitable to use on combination skin types. Sunflower oil is a very effective oil on combination skin as it is a naturally balanced oil that is neither too heavy nor light. You may use this oil in various ways. Add sunflower oil to the daily skincare routine for best results on your skin.
Benefits of Carrier Oil For Skin Care
- For Acne-Prone Skin: Coconut Carrier oil has amazing properties, Vitamin E, antioxidants, and natural fatty acids that help in hydrating the skin and nourish the hair. It is considered to be very good to be used on acne-prone skin, Coconut Carrier oil’s natural healing properties help in reducing acne and rejuvenating the glow of the skin.
- For Skin Tightening, lightening & elasticity: Grapeseed oil has been considered as one of the best carrier oils for overall skin tightening, lightening, and enhancing its elasticity. It is made up of special compounds that help vigorously in getting rid of dark spots, pimple scars and make skin tight.
- For Dark Spots & Scars: Generally Rosehip Oil is found to be a very good moisturizer for the face to glow and get rid of all the unwanted dark spots and scars. The oil has enormous healing properties and is very helpful in reducing the dark spots and scars on your skin.
- For Eczema and Psoriasis: Argan oil is a carrier oil that is very useful and effective to improve skin issues such as Eczema and psoriasis. It is rich in Vitamin E which further helps in improving the overall metabolism of the skin and reduces any kind of inflammation. Argan carrier oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- For Face Wrinkles: Carrier Oils such as lavender oil and jojoba oil are really good to reduce facial wrinkles and other signs of aging. These carrier oils help in rejuvenating the youthfulness of the skin and make it look healthier and glowy.
- For Stretch Marks & wound healing: Black cumin seed oil is a fantastic oil for the skin. It is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial in nature making it amazing to be used for wound healing and reducing stretch marks. It heals the wounds and burns effectively.
Popular Carrier Oil for Skin Care
The healing and nourishing properties of carrier oils make them widely popular to be used for skincare. They are highly beneficial in rejuvenating the glow of skin and making it look healthier. You can get rid of any type of skin issue with the help of suitable carrier oils for your respective skin type easily.
Below is a list of the top 10 carrier oils that are amazing for skincare and have enormous nourishing properties for various skin types-
Jojoba oil is widely known for its enormous properties. It is rich in Vitamin E and B-complex. These vitamins help to repair the damaged skin and calm any kind of irritation on the face.
Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip oil is having antioxidants, high levels of essential fatty acids, and is rich in useful skin-nourishing vitamins. It is considered to be a brilliant choice for skincare products.
Argan Oil offers a number of restorative benefits such as helping to fade scars, treat acne, and soften the skin. Argan Carrier Oil has fatty acids and is enriched with vitamins and minerals.
Best known for its skin healing properties, Neem oil is mostly used as a carrier oil in all types of skin care treatments. Neem oil has strong antibacterial properties and has essential fatty acids. But because of a strong and harsh fragrance, it’s less suitable to be used as moisturizers.
Everyone is aware of the qualities of Avacado as a fruit. It is even used as an all-purpose carrier oil that is full of goodness. Avocado Carrier Oil has monounsaturated fatty acids, a number of vitamins and contains beta carotene.
Olive oil is known for being a healthy edible oil with a nice aroma but it is also widely used in aromatherapy as an essential carrier oil. It has fatty acids and plant sterols that are great for cleansing and moisturizing the skin.
Coconut oil has a lot of health benefits. It is used as an intense moisturizer that softens and smooths dry skin. It doesn’t block your pores and is rich in fatty acids that often create a good base for hair and skin care products.
Vitamin E Oil
Grapeseed oil is commonly used in massage oils. It is a very light, odorless carrier that is easily absorbed by all skin types. It is considered to be good for the treatment of acne.
How to Mix Carrier Oils with Essential Oils
Mixing carrier oils with essential oils are found to be really helpful for skin nourishment. Combining these two immensely helps in creating a base suiting one’s respective skin type. At the time of mixing the essential oil with a carrier oil base, remember to dilute the essential oil at 1% in the carrier oil. You may even go up to 5% essential oil dilution for skin, hair, and body use.
One must do good research to create a skincare formulation with these two oils that would fulfill the targeted needs of the skin type. The essential oils are very potent, therefore, are incredibly good for the nourishment and rejuvenation of one’s skin.
Remember to avoid using the carrier oils on your lips, eyes, or other sensitive areas after they are mixed with essential oils. However, it is safe to apply carrier oil alone to these areas.
There are uncountable benefits of using carrier oils. Their properties are enormous in nature that not only soothe damaged skin but also provide necessary nourishment to it. With the help of carrier oils, the usage of essential oils becomes really safe. The carrier oils are enriched with great vitamins and minerals and help greatly in moisturizing all skin types.
Remember that whichever oil you may choose according to your skin type should be best suitable and enriched with essential nutrients. Carrier oils provide a flawless base and skin at the time of putting on various skincare products. They are organic in nature and have wonderful natural skin-nourishing properties.