Spearmint Essential Oil
Obtained from the leaves, flowering tops, and stem of the Spearmint plant, the Spearmint Essential Oil is one of the important oils of the mint family. The leaves of this plant resemble a spear and therefore, it has been named 'Spearmint'. In India, the Spearmint plant has been used for a very long time and its medicinal use is described in the sacred texts of 'Ayurveda' as well.
Spearmint is used to flavor candies and gums, this essential oil is formulated only for topical use. Also, you need to dilute it sufficiently with the help of carrier oil before applying it to your skin as it is much concentrated and powerful. People who find Peppermint essential oil to be overwhelming can try the Spearmint essential oil instead. Some people even like to blend both these oils for aromatherapy, massage, and other purposes.
Organic Spearmint essential oil is milder than Peppermint because it contains a lower concentration of menthol that is mainly responsible for the fresh minty aroma both these oils have. As no chemicals and additives have been used in this oil, you can incorporate it into your daily skin and hair care routine.
Features of Spearmint Essential Oil
- Limonene Presence- One of the main components of spearmint essential oil is Limonene. Limonene gives anti-inflammatory, stimulant, antifungal, and antioxidant effects to it.
- Antispasmodic - The presence of 1,8 cineole gives it antispasmodic properties. As a result, you can use it to get relief from muscle cramps and spasms.
- Sedative Nature - If you do not get proper sleep at night then you can rub some spearmint essential oil on your pillows. This is because the sedative properties of Spearmint Essential Oil will help you sleep peacefully.
- Antibacterial - Natural Spearmint oil exhibits antibacterial properties as well. It is also antiseptic which means that you can use it to cure infections and wounds.
- Spicy Aroma - The exuberant, spicy, and minty aroma of spearmint oil will refresh you instantly. Therefore, you can diffuse it with the help of a diffuser or humidifier.
- Soothing Properties - Apart from providing a soothing feeling when applied to the skin, organic spearmint essential oil help in reducing skin itchiness. Therefore, it is often used to soothe dry and irritated skin.
Uses of Spearmint Essential Oil
The uses of spearmint oil extend beyond the kitchen and the medicine cabinet. For instance, it can also be used to help the mind relax or to instill positive emotions. I have compiled a list of spearmint oil's specific uses below:
- Reducing Nasal Congestion - If you are experiencing nasal congestion due to a cold, then you can inhale spearmint essential oil. It will clear up the mucus and phlegm to facilitate smooth and clear breathing.
- Enhancing Concentration - Apart from relaxing your mind and mood, it also motivates you and builds up your focus and concentration. Therefore, it can be used during meditation as well.
- Improving Cosmetics - You can add a few drops of this oil to your lotions, creams, and other cosmetics. This is because it will make them more effective, soothing, and antiseptic.
- Cleansing Skin - Organic Spearmint Essential Oil cleanses dirt, oil, and other toxins from your skin. It also tightens your pores and makes your skin firmer and healthier than before.
- Making DIY Products - The uplifting fragrance of this oil can be utilized for making DIY perfumes, body cleansers, deodorants, colognes, etc. You can also make scented candles by using it.
- Reducing Swelling - The swelling that occurs after injuries and wounds can be soothed by applying a diluted coat of Spearmint oil on the affected area. It will also tow down the redness and itchiness of the skin.
Benefits of Spearmint Essential Oil
- Suppresses Appetite - Inhaling this oil promotes a feeling of fullness. This can be used to suppress hunger which will ultimately result in weight loss.
- Relieves Nausea - The amazing fragrance of Spearmint Essential oil provides relief from vomiting or nausea as well. For that, you can inhale it directly or diffuse it.
- Treats Acne - The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of this oil make it useful for treating acne. It not only cures it but also fades the marks left behind.
- Reduces Wrinkles - The strong antioxidants of spearmint oil minimizes the wrinkles and fine lines from your face. It also helps to balance uneven skin tone.
- Refresh Your Mind - You can use it to refresh your mind and mood instantly by inhaling it. It also reduces headaches and fatigue to a great extent.
- Reduces Dandruff & Promotes Hair Growth - You can massage a diluted blend of pure Spearmint essential oil on your scalp to reduce scalp irritation. This treatment will minimize dandruff and will also improve the overall health of your hair and scalp.
Buy Spearmint Essential Oil Online on VedaOils
VedaOils is a reputed name when it comes to manufacturing, supplying, distributing, and exporting spearmint essential oil and other carrier oils. Our products are not only trending in India but are also in great demand internationally. We supply our essential oils and carrier oils to countries like the UK, US, Australia, Canada, and other countries as well.
The exceptional quality of our oils and the highest standards of purity and safety enable us to deliver effective results to our customers. Our essential oils are highly concentrated and pure. They are completely natural as no chemicals, fillers, additives, and synthetic preservatives are used while extracting them. We adhere to the highest standards of safety and packaging for the convenience of our customers.
You can even place bulk orders of spearmint essential oil for commercial purposes as we are offering them at reasonable and discounted rates. A secure payment gateway ensures that you don’t face any hassles while completing the payment process. We have partnered with the best logistics companies like FedEx. India Post, DHL, BlueDart, etc. to ensure timely delivery of orders. The Spearmint essential oils offered by us are fresh and effective enough to meet your expectations.
Spearmint Essential Oil Specifications
- Botanical Name : Mentha Spicata
- CAS# : 8008-79-5
- F.E.M.A # : 3032
- Country of Origin : India
- Solubility : It is soluble in alcohol and fixed oils.
- Specific Gravity : 0.950 - 1.050 @ 20°C
- Optical Rotation : -60 to -45
- Refractive Index : 1.4850 - 1.4910 @ 20°C
- Flash Point : 58° C
- Major Constituents : Spearmint Leaf Extract
- Extraction or Processing Method : Steam Distillation
- Shelf Life : 2 years
- Blends with : Bergamot, Jasmine, Rosemary, and Lavender essential oils
- Form : Liquid
- Origin or part used : Spearmint leaves, flowering tops, and stem.
- Color & Odor : Pale yellow to light olive & it exhibits a refreshing minty fragrance.
Spearmint Essential Oil- FAQs
Q1: What does natural Spearmint essential oil smell like?
Ans: It has a fresh, sweet, and minty smell.
Q2: Is Spearmint essential oil edible?
Ans: No, it is meant for external use only.
Q3: Does organic Spearmint essential oil repel bugs?
Ans: Yes, you can use it to repel bugs, head lice, moths, spiders, and some other bugs and insects.
Q4: Is Spearmint oil safe for toddlers?
Ans: No, don’t use this essential oil or any other essential oil for toddlers.
Q5: Which oils blend perfectly with Spearmint essential oil?
Q6: Is Spearmint essential oil beneficial for the skin?
Ans: Yes, because it can be used to treat skin infections and minor wounds and cuts.
Q7: Is Spearmint essential oil good for hair?
Ans: Yes, it is good for hair as it reduces dandruff and soothes scalp irritation to promote rapid growth of hair.
- It is meant only for external use.
- Do a patch skin test before applying it to your skin.
- Dilute it before topical application.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using it.
All the details mentioned in the above statements are carefully monitored and evaluated. VedaOils manufactures essential oils for external use only. We do not formulate them to heal, cure, prevent, or detect any ailment or disease. VedaOils does not validate the 100% accuracy of any of the information that is published here. We do not claim anything here and citations are meant only for reference purposes. For more details, you can read the 'DISCLAIMER' of our website.