Whether you have dry or normal skin, moisturizing and keeping it hydrated is a thumb rule. Regular moisturizing calls for a big supply of skin hydrating products that can often burn a hole in your pocket. Yes, most fancy moisturizers, creams, and body lotions carry a handsome price tag that can sometimes discourage you from their continuous use.
But we have some good news for you! Yes, here we bring you simple DIY recipes of homemade moisturizers made using simple kitchen ingredients and garden plants. They are simple and, above all, pure and authentic free from added colorants or additives, making them safe for your skin.
Top 10 Homemade Vegan Face Moisturizer Recipes
Stop wasting time shopping for fancy moisturizers that only promise hydration, are loaded with chemicals, and are subject to animal testing. Instead, try these simple and natural homemade moisturizers formulated with ingredients part of your home and kitchen. Most natural ingredients are storehouses of compounds that can pamper your skin with all the nourishment and nutrients needed by it. All you need to do is identify these treasure houses and make the most of them.
1. Shea Butter Face Moisturizer DIY Recipe
Shea butter has rich emollient properties that keep the skin nourished and hydrated for long. In addition, the triglycerides present in shea butter help retain moisture in the skin, thus preventing it from becoming too dry.
When topically applied as a moisturizer, shea butter penetrates the skin layers, deeply nourishing the face and reducing the signs of aging. In this homemade face moisturizer, we combine it with Sea buckthorn oil, rosehip seed, geranium, and avocado oil, all of which soothe the skin and moisture it for a long time.
- Shea Butter - ½ Cup
- Sea Buckthorn Oil - 5-6 Drops
- Rosehip Seed Oil - 5-6 Drops
- Geranium Oil - 5-6 Drops
- Avocado Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter. To make a double boiler, place a saucepan on the stove and pour some water. Now place a heat-proof glass bowl or container over the saucepan so that it fits snugly over it. Let the water simmer below. Now place the shea butter in the glass container and let it melt. Keep stirring so that it melts evenly.
- Once the shea butter softens, remove it from the stove.
- Add all the essential oils and give it a good mix.
- Whip till you get a soft creamy mixture
- Store it in a glass jar with an air-tight lid and use it as your daily face moisturizer
How to Use: Use a small dollop of the homemade face moisturizer on your face at least twice daily by gently massaging it on your skin.
2. Beeswax Face Moisturizer Recipe
Talking about skin nourishment, beeswax can never go unnoticed. When combined with olive oil, beeswax intensely nourishes the skin layers making them soft, smooth, and supple.
Its nourishment properties can even fight serious dryness issues like atopic dermatitis. Furthermore, the addition of coconut oil in this homemade face moisturizer further enhances its therapeutic quotient and helps heal the skin and skin cell regeneration.
- Beeswax Pellets - ¼ Cup
- Coconut Oil - ¼ Cup
- Olive Oil - ¼ Cup
- Chamomile Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax pellets.
- Once it becomes soft, remove it from heat and cool.
- Add the coconut oil and olive oil.
- Now add the essential oils and give it a good mix.
- Whip the mixture till you get a soft creamy texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar with an air-tight lid and store it in a cool and dry place.
How to Use: This homemade face moisturizer is easy to apply with an incredibly soothing texture. Gently dab it on the face and massage it into your skin till it is fully absorbed.
3. Aloe Vera Facial Moisturiser DIY Recipe
Nothing works more magically on your face than aloe vera. Aloe vera is the perfect soothing agent that treats various skin problems with its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-septic properties. In addition, its cooling properties reduce problems like sun tanning, pigmentation, and skin rashes.
In this homemade moisturizer, we combine it with almond oil, jasmine oil, lavender oil, vitamin E oil, and a few drops of glycerin. All ingredients of this homemade moisturizer deeply nourish and soften the face skin enhancing its glow remarkably.
- Aloe Vera Gel - 2 Tablespoon
- Almond Oil - 5-6 Drops
- Jasmine Oil - 5-6 Drops
- Lavender Oil - 1-2 Drops
- Vitamin E Oil - 2-3 Drops
- Vegetable Glycerin - 1-2 Drops
- Take the aloe vera gel in a small glass bowl and add the almond oil.
- Now add all the essential oils and Vitamin E oil
- Whisk the mixture till you get a soft creamy mixture
- Store the mixture in a glass jar with an air-tight lead away from sunlight.
How to Use: Use the homemade moisturizer at night before going to bed to get the best results. It works well on the skin and is easily absorbed overnight.
4. Organic Jojoba Oil Face Moisturizer DIY Recipe For Acne
This all-natural homemade face moisturizer taps the potential benefits of jojoba oil loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Being light-weight forms the perfect base of a face moisturizer that nourishes your skin without leaving it greasy or oily. It protects the skin from toxins that make the skin dull and lifeless. It also controls signs of aging by increasing skin elasticity and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Golden Jojoba Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 4-6 Drops
- Vitamin E Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- In a clean glass bowl, add the jojoba oil along with the essential oils of your choice.
- Add the Vitamin E oil and give it a thorough mix until the mixture blends perfectly.
- Store in an air-tight glass jar at room temperature.
How to Use: Shake the jar before use and apply a few drops of the blend on your face, and dab gently till the oils are naturally absorbed by the skin.
5. Olive Oil DIY Skin Moisturizer
For ages, olive oil has been used as a beauty agent. But, more than moisturizing, it acts as a barrier or shield and locks the skin's natural oils. In this homemade DIY moisturizer, we combine it with the goodness of coconut oil with great nourishing qualities and Vitamin E oil that acts as an antioxidant to repair your skin and keep it hydrated and glowing for a long time. A touch of essential oil in this homemade moisturizer only accentuates the quality of the recipe, making it smooth, aromatic, and blessed in every way.
- Virgin Olive Oil - ¼ Cup
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Beeswax Pellets - 1 Tablespoon
- Vitamin E - ¼ Teaspoon
- Lavender Essential Oil - 2-5 Drops
- Add the beeswax pellets, olive oil, and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the Vitamin E oil. Alternatively, you can use two Vitamin E capsules that need to be pricked and squeezed into the mixture.
- Lastly, add the lavender oil and let the mixture cool down.
- If you want a creamy, fluffy cream-like texture, then use a hand mixer to whip the mixture.
How to Use: Apply the homemade face moisturizer gently on the face, preferably at night. Then, gently dab it on the skin and leave it overnight.
6. DIY Rose Scented Face Moisturizer
Rose is one of the most pampering natural ingredients for the face. With a floral aroma and loaded with natural antioxidants that keep the face fresh, clean, and youthful by minimizing the signs of aging.
This homemade face moisturizer uses a combination of rose water and rose essential oil, coconut oil, a natural moisturizer, avocado oil that controls skin pigmentation, and honey with natural humectant properties. Altogether, this blend is a perfect recipe to brighten up your skin and keep your face ever-youthful.
- Rosewater - 5 Teaspoons
- Rose Essential Oil - 10-15 Drops
- Coconut Oil - 100 Grams
- Avocado Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Add coconut oil, avocado oils, and honey in a saucepan and warm the mixture.
- Remove from heat and whisk the oil and honey mixture well. Now add the rosewater.
- Keep whisking and now add the rose essential oil. Whisk until the mixture starts to solidify
- Store in a clean glass jar with an air-tight lid.
How to Use: Use the face moisturizer at least twice a day-once after bath and before bedtime for best results. Apply gently on the face and dab with fingers on the skin.
7. Tea Tree Oil Facial Moisturizer DIY Recipe
Tea tree oil is widely known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antimicrobial properties. This makes it great for the facial skin, especially to treat skin problems and fight dryness.
In addition, this homemade tea tree oil face moisturizer uses two other star ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter, both of which make it a great combination to nourish the skin and enhance the glow of the face. Together with tea tree oil, both coconut and shea are high in fatty acids that impart emollient properties to the skin, making it soft, smooth, and supple.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 2-3 Drops
- Shea Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- In a mixing bowl, add the shea butter and coconut oil.
- Now add the tea tree oil.
- With the back of a spoon, squish the mixture to get a nice smooth texture.
- Store the homemade face moisturizer in an air-tight glass jar away from sunlight.
How to Use: Use this homemade tea tree oil face moisturizer on the face and neck area after a bath to keep your skin super hydrated, soft, and supple.
8. Vitamin E Facial Moisturizer
When it comes to beauty hacks, Vitamin E is a super ingredient. It rejuvenates skin cells, reducing dark spots and improving the skin complexion. It brightens the skin and improves skin quality. It treats hyperpigmentation by reducing dark patches. Reducing the signs of aging gives a youthful appearance and increases blood circulation in the area. In addition, vitamin E, with its high antioxidants, effectively treats acne, scars and moisturizes chapped lips.
- Vitamin E Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Cocoa Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Coconut Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 4 Drops
- Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil on low flame in a saucepan. Whisk the mixture together till they are fully melted.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Once the mixture cools down, add the Vitamin E oil. Now you can add the essential oil of your choice. It imparts a good fragrance to the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean glass jar and refrigerate for about an hour.
- After an hour, take out the mixture from the fridge and whisk it till it is fluffy and creamy.
- Store the homemade face moisturizer in an air-tight glass jar.
How to Use: Cleanse your face and apply a toner to open the pores. Then take a generous amount of the homemade face moisturizer and gently massage it in circular motions on your face and neck. Massage gently till the skin fully absorbs it.
9. Vitamin C Face Moisturizer For Oily Skin
If you struggle with dull and damaged skin on your face, then it is time to bank upon the many benefits of Vitamin C. High in antioxidants. This magical ingredient controls signs of aging and adds a juicy glow to your face.
It fights free radicals by attacking them and super hydrates the skin. It acts as a shield that locks moisture in the skin, making it look hydrated, plump, and healthy. It brightens the skin complexion and enhances its texture and quality.
- Aloe Vera Gel - 3 Tablespoons
- Vegetable Glycerin - ½ Tablespoon
- Vitamin E Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Vitamin B3 - ½ Teaspoon
- Powdered L-Ascorbic Acid - ½ Teaspoon
- Add the aloe vera gel, glycerin, Vitamin E oil, and Vitamin B3 in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the powdered ascorbic acid.
- Whisk the mixture well and store it in a dark jar bottle to avoid spoiling in the light.
- Store the cream in the refrigerator.
How to Use: Cleanse your face and apply a thin layer of the homemade Vitamin C face moisturizer. Apply it once or twice a day.
10. Zinc Face Moisturiser For Acne
Zinc oxide is a super ingredient that acts as a natural sunscreen for your face. It blocks the sun's harmful UV rays from damaging your skin cells. In this homemade recipe, we combine it with safflower oil that controls sebum production and prevents skin from becoming oily. Beeswax acts as a natural moisturizer, while raspberry seed oil offers natural SPF protection. In addition, it helps to rejuvenate and replenish the collagen levels in the skin.
- Raspberry Seed Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Safflower Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Zinc Oxide - 2 Tablespoons
- Beeswax Pellets 1.5 Tablespoon
- Chamomile Flower Water - 2 Tablespoon
- Grapefruit Seed Extract - 20 Drops
- Add the beeswax, safflower oil, raspberry oil, and chamomile water in a double boiler, and mix while blending evenly.
- Remove from heat and use a hand beater whip immediately till you get a creamy mixture.
- Add zinc oxide and mix well.
- Now add the grapefruit seed extract that acts as a natural preservative.
- Store in a clean air-tight glass jar.
How to Use: This homemade face moisturizer works well as a sunscreen cream and should be applied twice a day, especially before going out in the sun.
With so many homemade face moisturizer recipes in your basket, you are all set to pamper your skin with the nourishment, nutrients, and moisture that it well deserves. Each of these homemade hacks is safe, natural, and easy to make and apply regularly. They come as a great blessing for those who avoid using fancy beauty products because of their high chemical content or those looking for economical beauty hacks without spending a fortune. These homemade face moisturizers promise purity with beauty, and nothing beats them when it comes to visible results in the form of a glowing and youthful face.