When it comes to healing dry skin and other skin issues, you might often think about the better alternative to cosmetic applications. If you have never used best body butter for skincare purposes then your body and skin are missing something truly wonderful and beneficial. You can imagine whipped body butter as a body lotion that is much thicker, denser, and more effective than the cosmetic body lotions that you find in the market.
As body butter is obtained from natural resources like plants, they contain essential oils and many other nutrients that you will not find in conventional body creams and lotions. Countless people across the world vouch for its benefits especially when it comes to moisturizing and treating dry and sensitive skin.
There are two types of body butter. The first type is the raw and unprocessed body butter that is derived from nuts, seeds, or any other natural origin and the second type is the body butter that you will find in a chemist shop that is formulated with the help of raw body butter and some other ingredients.
Though both these types are widely used, it is better that you use the one that is natural and raw as it usually does not contain any chemicals and preservatives. Some of the popular butter body that you will find in the market are Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Soy Butter, Avocado Butter, and Aloe Butter. Each of these types of body butter has its specialty and properties that enable you to use them for various purposes.
Body Butter Benefits For Skin Health
- Body Butter for Dry Skin: Body butter is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients that replenish the natural moisture of your skin and heal the dry, cracked, scaly, and patchy skin to make it soft, smooth, and supple.
- Body Butter for Oily Skin: If your skin is oily, you should use an organic body butter that acts as a natural emollient for your skin as it will nourish your skin without being responsible for breakouts and other issues. However, people who have oily skin should avoid applying excessive body butter on their faces.
- Body Butter for Sensitive Skin: The itchiness and inflammation of the sensitive skin can be treated quickly by applying a generous coat of body butter on the affected area. Body butter helps to retain the moisture in your skin cells for a long time and prevent skin dryness.
- Body Butter for Glowing Skin: Body butter gives a charming and youthful glow to your face by reducing the appearance of dark spots, blemishes, fine lines, and other issues that make your skin appear dull. You can also apply it to your face to look more young and energetic.
Top 12 Benefits of Body Butter
- Moisturizer: You can apply body butter as a natural moisturizer on your skin after taking a bath or shower. The Shea Butter obtained from nuts of the Shea tree is an excellent moisturizer as it is rich in Vitamin F, E, and A. It contains essential fatty acids that make your skin soft and smooth.
- Cream: Pure Body Butter can prove to be an ideal cream for your body as it contains antioxidants and flavonoids that can protect your skin from environmental pollutants like UV rays, harsh wind, dust, etc. it also contains essential fatty acids such as stearic acid, lauric acid, palmitic acid, etc. that nourish and hydrate your skin deeply.
- Lotions: Body butter proves to be exceptional body lotions as they nourish your skin and prevent it from getting dry. You can use natural Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, or any other body butter as a natural alternative to cosmetic body lotions. However, if you are suffering from skin irritation then applying Organic Mango Butter can be much more beneficial as it contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stretch Marks Lotions: The essential fatty acids present in body butter enhances the elasticity of your skin and reduce stretch marks naturally. For example, you can use stretch marks lotions made from Shea Butter for reducing stretch marks and to restore the natural glow and youthfulness of your skin and face.
- Sunscreen Lotion: You can use Cocoa Butter as a natural sunscreen as it blocks UV rays and keeps your skin moist and soft even when the weather is excessively cold or hot. As a result, manufacturers of sunscreens generally use it as one of the main ingredients of their products.
- Reduces Wrinkles: The antioxidants and fatty acids that are present in body butter improve collagen production in your skin cells. This in turn fades wrinkles and fine lines that may have formed on your face and skin due to aging or pollution. You can apply unrefined and organic Avocado Body Butter for eliminating the wrinkles from your face.
- Make Hair Shine: Aloe Butter or any other body butter that is rich in Vitamin E will make your hair shine by restoring the moisture content of your hair follicles. Makers of hair care products like hair masks, conditioners, and shampoos use body butter widely in their products because of the same reason.
- Remove Patches: Body Butters make your skin healthy by reducing the unevenness, pigmentation, and dry and rough patches of the skin. Soy Butter is an excellent remedy against hyper pigmentation and it also heals sunburns and blocks UV rays. You can also use Shea Butter or Mango Butter for treating dry and patchy skin.
- Healthy Feet: The minor cracks on your feet and cracked and dry heels can cause great pain especially while walking. By applying Cocoa Butter, Aloe Butter, or any other body butter, you can make your feet healthy, soft, and free from cracks.
- For Lips: The emollient properties of body butter can also heal your dry and chapped lips. They make your lips healthy by filling in the cracks and also heal them naturally to give you healthy, plump, soft, and kissable lips. Soy butter, Aloe Butter, and Avocado Butter can prove to be exceptional for your lips.
- Protects Skin: The antioxidants present in body butter protect your skin from free radicals that are responsible for premature aging of the skin. They also protect your skin from harsh sunlight, dry wind, dirt, and other toxins. Manufacturers of skin-protecting creams generally use them on a wide scale in their products. Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Kokum Butter, etc. are the most used body butter for this purpose.
- Anti-Aging: The anti-aging properties of vegan body butter is due to the triglycerides, vitamins, and other nutrients which are present in ample proportions. The body butter will not only eliminate the fine lines and wrinkles but will also fade dark spots and correct uneven skin tone. It also helps heal acne scars naturally. Cocoa butter, Mango Butter, Aloe Butter, etc. have powerful anti-aging properties.
Body Butter for Babies Skin
The skin of a body is soft, tender, and sensitive to harsh chemicals. However, organic body butter can nourish the skin of your baby without disturbing its tenderness and softness. For instance, Kokum Butter is considered to be highly emollient and it hydrates the skin of a baby quickly. Moreover, it also enhances blood circulation and cleanses the skin pores which are clogged and messy. As a result, the baby's skin becomes smooth, soft, and blemish-free.
The body butter also contains essential oils that enhance collagen production and improve the longevity of the soft and kissable skin of your baby. You can use Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, or any other body butter for that matter but ensure that it does not contain any chemical or artificial preservative as it might be harmful to the sensitive skin of your baby. Therefore, you must buy it only from authentic and credible sources.
How to Apply Body Butter On Your Skin?
You can follow the below-listed steps while applying body butter to your skin:
Step 1: Take a Shower
Jump into a bathtub, take a shower or a normal bath but ensure that the water is neither too cold nor too hot. Nice warm water will do and after bathing, don't forget to wipe it clean with a soft towel.
Step 2: Apply the Body Butter
While patting your skin dry with a towel, ensure that a little bit of moisture of the water is left behind as it will help the body butter to glide and spread evenly on the areas of your body. Now, you can take a generous quantity of body butter on your palm and spread it nicely over your body with the help of your fingers. You can massage it gently over the parts that are dry or itchy to get instant relief.
Step 3: Target Areas that are Excessively Dry
If you feel that some parts of your body always remain dry, you can rub some extra body butter on them. For example, knees, elbows, and heels tend to lose moisture quickly. Therefore, you can scoop some extra body butter and massage on these parts nicely until they become soft. You can also apply some of it to your palms and toes afterward.
Step 4: Let your Skin Soak all the Love
Once you are done applying and massaging the body butter over your entire body, you can leave it open for a few minutes so that everything gets soaked in easily. Organic, raw, and unprocessed body butter are light and get quickly absorbed in your skin pores. Also, avoid wearing your clothes soon after applying body butter as it might stick to your clothes and the fabric might prevent the body butter from getting in your skin cells completely.
Your skin always needs attention and care and body butter can provide them both without hurting the texture or natural glow of your skin. Body butter is known for increasing the natural radiance of your skin and because of being a mild exfoliate they pull out the toxins and unwanted greasiness from your skin cells.
You can use body butter for total skincare and the powerful antioxidants present in them will prevent the formation of wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, pigmentation, etc. on your skin. Applying body butter on your face regularly will keep it moisturized and will also impart a youthful glow to it!