Hair fall, dandruff, scaly scalp, hair breakage, and poor hair growth… are these some of the problems that trouble you like most others who are worried about their hair health? Well, then it is time to put an end to all these issues as we bring you closer to a magical solution that addresses all your hair problems. Yes, for all hair problems you can trust tea tree oil and its many pronounced benefits.
As an essential tea tree oil for hair growth is widely accepted for its medicinal values and how effective it is in the treatment of hair and scalp disorders. It works wonders on your hair, improving its texture, growth, and sheen without causing damage or dryness. It cleanses and strengthens hair follicles accelerating the growth of healthy hair.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth
Tea tree oil helps in healing wounds, cuts, and curing skin infections. Because of these medicinal properties, it treats bacterial infections and dandruff of the scalp. It acts as a cleansing agent of the scalp cleaning hair follicles, de-clogging them promoting hair growth. Here we try to list a few of the major benefits of the tea tree oil for hair growth.
Tea Tree Oil for Scalp Acne: Acne on the scalp occurs when the pores get clogged due to dead skin cells, bacteria, or sebum. Poor scalp hygiene leads to acne on the scalp that can sometimes be itchy and painful. Rich in anti-inflammatory properties tea tree oil helps to get rid of the microbes that are responsible for causing scalp acne.
Tea Tree Oil for Hair Bumps: Hair bumps are small red bumps or white-headed pimples that are found around hair follicles. They are caused by bacterial or fungal infections and can be very itchy and annoying. Tea tree oil is highly effective in treating hair bumps because of its antibacterial properties. It prevents the build-up of oil, dirt, and hair care products around hair follicles thus preventing the occurrence of hair bumps as well.
Tea Tree Oil for Hair Baldness: With strong cleansing, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, tea tree oil works well to nourish and promote the growth of hair especially in bald patches. Baldness often results from poor hair health. It leads to the weakening of hair follicles and permanent loss of hair. However, tea tree oil deeply nourishes the hair follicles, helping them regain their lost strength and promoting hair growth.
Tea Tree Oil for Hair Breakage: Damaged hair is most susceptible to split ends and easy breakage. Poor nourishment and external pollution badly affect hair health making them thin, dull, and lifeless. Inflammation and a scratchy scalp also lead to hair breakage. Tea tree oil with its multiple medicinal and healing properties soothes scalp irritations and provides complete nourishment to the hair thus reducing breakage.
Tea Tree Oil for Hair Thinning: Hair thinning results from poor nourishment or poor scalp health. Tea tree oil nourishes the scalp and increases blood circulation in the hair follicle thus making them strong. Strong roots lead to healthier and thicker hair thus preventing hair thinning and breakage issues. It improves the texture of hair strands, adding volume to your hair.
Tea Tree Oil for Cleansing Hair: Build-up of dirt, debris, and dead skin around the hair follicles can make your scalp a breeding ground for bacteria and lead to more complex hair problems. Using tea tree oil as a natural cleanser along with your shampoo can help you clean the scalp thoroughly and more naturally without the use of harsh chemical products. Its anti-bacterial properties act as a great cleansing agent and keep your hair and scalp healthy.
Tea Tree Oil for Dandruff: Dandruff is the result of various hair problems like bad hair hygiene, irritated scalp, dryness, or fungal infections of the scalp. Common symptoms of dandruff include dry white flakes of dead skin on the scalp accompanied by itching. Tea tree oil loaded with anti-fungal properties acts as a potent cleanser of the scalp, controlling the build-up of dead skin cells that eventually lead to the formation of dandruff. It also controls the excess secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands thus keeping the scalp optimally moisturized and free from dandruff.
- Tea Tree Oil for Dry Scalp: Dry scalp is often characterized by a condition called seborrheic dermatitis where scaly patches develop on the scalp. Tea tree oil that is loaded with natural fatty acids helps to nourish the scalp thus reducing dryness and flakiness of the scalp skin. Its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties soothe skin irritations and skin wounds. It improves scalp quality and provides skin conditioning and nourishment.
- Tea Tree Oil for Hair for Lice: Tea tree oil is an effective treatment against head lice. Its natural odor and antiseptic properties act as a repellant to lies discouraging them from settling down in your cozy scalp as their new home. It is strongly believed that the smell of tea tree oil is repulsive to lice and suffocates them. However, it works only to prevent or repel the head lice and does not work on lice eggs or kill them.
- Tea Tree Oil for Hair Fall: By addressing numerous hair problems like dandruff, flaky scalp, scalp dryness, and itchiness, tea tree oil works effectively to control hair fall and baldness problems. It keeps the hair follicles free from dirt, thus strengthening hair roots and promoting the growth of healthy and shiny hair that is not prone to easy breakage or frequent falls.
- Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth: Tea tree oil is highly effective in removing toxins from the scalp and in improving blood circulation which leads to better hair growth. Further, it activates the dormant hair follicles in the scalp stimulating them to absorb nutrients from the hair roots and promote hair growth. A head massage with tree oil combined with any carrier oil instantly activates the hair follicles increasing blood supply to the hair follicles.
- Tea Tree Oil for Hair Loss: A major reason for hair loss is weak and thin hair that is easily prone to breakage. Bad hair hygiene, insufficient hair nutrition, and lack of hair care are some other reasons for weak hair. Tea tree oil works wonders on the hair scalp and not only cleans it but also nourishes it with vital nutrients and natural oils thus controlling hair loss.
- Tea Tree Oil for Thicker Hair: Thick, voluminous hairs enhance your beauty and look. They reflect good hair health and are desired by all. Tea tree oil that is loaded with antioxidants and vital nutrients nourish hair follicles and roots thus producing strong and thick hair. By reducing dandruff and flakiness tea tree oil keeps the hair scalp clean and improves blood circulation to the scalp thus stimulating the growth of healthy and thick hair.
Tea Tree Oil for Oily Hair: Tea tree oil helps to regulate oil production. Oily and greasy hairs often result from dandruff or the growth of bacteria on the hair scalp. Tea tree oil controls the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands on the scalp thus keeping the scalp, clean, hygienic, and free from bacterial and fungal infections.
- Tea Tree Oil for Hair Follicles: Hair follicles arise from the roots of the hair from where hair strands originate. Dirty and clogged hair follicles can lead to unhealthy and weak hair. Tea tree oil works effectively to strengthen hair follicles by providing them optimum nutrition and activating them to absorb these nutrients well. Healthy hair follicles give rise to healthy, shiny, and thicker hair.
DIY Recipes of Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth
Now that we know the multitude of benefits of tea tree oil for hair growth and scalp, it is time to tap these benefits and make the best use of them. Yes, let us try some easy DIY recipes using tea tree oil to make useful hair care products that can go a long way in helping us achieve great hair sans the worries about hair problems.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Growth Hair Spray
Annoyed by embarrassing dandruff? Worry not, try this effective Tea Tree Oil hair spray that combines the goodness of tea tree oil, jojoba oil, witch hazel, and peppermint essential oil to give you instant relief from the maddening itchiness of dandruff.
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 2 teaspoons Jojoba Oil
- 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- A small funnel
- A spray bottle
- In a clean spray bottle pour ¼ cup of distilled water.
- Now add the witch hazel, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and peppermint oil into the spray bottle.
- Put the cap firmly and shake the bottle to mix the ingredients.
- Store the spray in a cool dry place.
How to Use: To use, simply spray all over your scalp, near hair follicles at least 3 times a day. It works effectively to combat dandruff and though you observe reduced itchiness after a few applications yet it takes around 3-4 weeks of regular use for dandruff to subside.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Growth Hair Mask
Fight hair problems like an itchy scalp and scalp dryness using this nourishing Tea Tree Oil Hair mask that is loaded with the additional benefits of argan oil and avocado or yogurt both of which deeply nourish the hair.
- 1 mashed avocado/ I cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10-12 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 10 drops Argan Oil
- A mixing bowl
- A pair of rubber gloves
- In a mixing bowl add the avocado or yogurt, whichever you prefer. Both of them act as a base for the hair mask. They are loaded with healthy fats that deeply nourish your hair.
- Next, add the honey and argan oil. They hydrate the hair and act as an adhesive to the hair mask.
- Now add the tea tree oil and mix well till the mixture turns creamy in texture.
How to Use: Wear gloves and apply the hair mask directly to your scalp. Massage gently in a circular motion using your fingertips. Leave the hair mask applied on the scalp for about 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Growth Serum
One of the most effective combinations to strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth is tea tree oil and coconut oil. Both can be combined to form a magical serum that can be used after a wash or whenever you want to fix frizzy hair or on a bad hair day.
- 5-10 drops tea tree oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- A spray bottle/ a mixing bowl
- In a mixing bowl add the coconut oil and tea tree oil. Give it a good mix.
- You can either prepare a fresh batch each time and use it or double the ingredients and store it in a spray bottle.
How to Use: Apply directly on the hair scalp and strands of the hair using the spray bottle. Alternatively, you can apply using your fingertips or a cotton pad. Apply regularly for better results.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Growth Gel
Tea tree oil when blended with aloe vera offers great nutrition to the hair scalp and accelerates the growth of hair. To prepare this DIY Hair gel all you need is a high-quality tea tree oil and pure aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel is loaded with Vitamin B12 that promotes hair growth and cleanses the scalp while keeping it well-nourished.
- 5-7 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 3 tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
- A mixing bowl
Recipe: In a mixing bowl add tea tree oil and aloe vera gel. Mix it thoroughly to ensure that there are no lumps in the hair gel.
How to Use: Apply the tea tree oil gel on the scalp by parting the hair and applying the gel in small batches. You can leave it on for 30-40 minutes before washing it off.
Tea Tree Oil Blend to Treat Lice
Being infested with lice can be embarrassing, more so it can be annoying because of the mad itchiness that one suffers and the thought of nesting creepy creatures on your head. However, this humble tea tree oil blend helps you reduce the itchiness and repels lice thus serving as an effective treatment.
- 1 teaspoon Tea Tree Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ylang Ylang Oil
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- A mixing bowl
- In a mixing bowl add the tea tree oil, ylang-ylang oil, and coconut oil.
- Stir and give it a good mix to make a smooth blend.
How to Use: Apply the oil blend all over your scalp and massage gently. Using a fine-toothed comb or a nit comb, comb your hair. Then cover your head with a shower cap and let the oil work its magic for about 2 hours. Comb your hair again to remove the lice. Rinse and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Tea Tree Hair Growth Scalp Oil
This simple recipe of scalp oil helps you make your nourishing oil that moisturizes your scalp and hair yielding the best results. It is easy to apply and gives visible results of healthier hair after a few applications.
- 20-25 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 50-60 ml Almond Oil
- A funnel
- A glass bottle with a dropper
- Make sure that the glass bottle and dropper are clean with no residues.
- Now place the funnel on the mouth of the bottle and pour in the tea tree essential oil. Next, add the almond oil.
- Place the dropper cap of the bottle and shake gently so that both the oils blend in well.
How to Use: Using a dropper bottle makes it easy to use scalp oil. It helps you apply the oil where you want to. The best time to apply the oil is the night before you decide to wash your hair or 15-20 minutes before the wash. Part your hair and apply the oil using the dropper. Massage the oil into your scalp. During the wash rinse it off thoroughly with water.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Conditioner
How about making a tea tree oil hair conditioner and pampering your hair with some natural goodness each time you shower? Yes, this simple DIY recipe involves ingredients like coconut oil, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and the quintessential tea tree oil that deeply nourishes your hair and leaves it soft, smooth, and silky.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree oil
- A mixing bowl
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix well. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to get a perfect blend.
- Ensure that the mixture is a smooth blend and give it a good mix each time you use it.
How to Use: Each time you wish to condition your hair, apply at least 2-4 tablespoons of the homemade conditioner on the hair scalp and the hair strands evenly. If you have long hair, you can apply more of the mixture. Leave it on for some time and then rinse it off.
Tea tree oil is one of the best natural oils that is loaded with antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. With its natural goodness and therapeutic properties, tea tree oil works wonders on your skin and hair and deserves a worthy place in your beauty regime. With our simple DIY recipes, you can easily make tea tree oil a part of your daily hair care routine and experience the magic that it unfolds on your hair and overall appearance.