Oils have been utilised for medical and cosmetic reasons for ages. Many shampoos, serums, and other hair care products now contain them. In this blog, we will talk about one such essential oil - Lavender oil.
What is Lavender Oil?
For thousands of years, lavender has been used to treat a variety of hair and skin problems. Including lavender essential oil in your daily routine will not only give your self-care regimen a peaceful, spa-like feel, but it can also help you tackle certain common hair and scalp concerns.
Lavender essential oil is created by a process known as distillation, which extracts the plant's beneficial components and concentrates them. Its appeal stems from its usage in beauty products as well as the plant's reputation for being environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
Why Lavender Oil Benefits for Hair?
Along with its lovely purple hue, lavender's most distinguishing feature is its heavenly aroma. But, in addition to these apparent benefits, lavender oil (most frequent form of application) has been shown to have healing characteristics and can aid with pain reduction, particularly headaches and migraines.
You will not be dissatisfied with the effects of using lavender oil for hair development as a beauty aid. Lavender oil is used to promote hair growth, combat dandruff, and soothe irritated scalps and infections. Its antimicrobial characteristics make it an effective scalp treatment. Read on to find out the benefits of lavender oil for your hair in detail.
Lavender Oil Benefits for hair
Lavender is beneficial for hair in many ways; apart from smelling lovely, it's also recognised for its hair treatment abilities, and it's considered to assist with acne and headaches. Did you know that lavender and lavender oil may help your hair in a variety of ways as well? Read on to find out how!
Clears Dandruff: Malassezia, a yeast creates irritation, is one of the most prevalent causes of dandruff. Lavender essential oil makes scalp nourished and moisturized. This, along with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, makes it highly effective, all-natural treatment for dandruff & hair loss.
Hair Growth: Lavender oil benefits for hair fall due to the fact that it has antibacterial properties that increased scalp blood circulation also nourishing and moisturizes scalp. Lavender Oil is frequently used to treat sleeplessness, stress, anxiety, and depression, which are all causes of hair loss.
Damaged Hair: Lavender essential oil is known for restoring smooth, silky hair to all hair types, and its sweet flowery aroma is a wonderful afterthought. Analgesic, & anti-inflammatory, characteristics of lavender essential oils assist to restore its strength. If you are suffering from damaged hair then lavender oil is perfect for you.
Dry Hair: Lavender essential oil in a hair mask may provide lustre and hydration to strands and scalp. It's a simple method to give your hair a nutritious and relaxing boost while also making it smell great. It hydrates and nourishes your hair strands and scalp. It is suitable for all hair types, including greasy and frizzy hair.
Hair Fall: Hair fall is frequently connected with aging, however, this is not always the case. Men in their early twenties are susceptible to androgenetic alopecia, prevalent hair loss. Lavender oil consists chemical that improves blood circulation in scalp. It is effective at increasing number and depth of hair follicles.
Frizzy hair: Absence of moisture in hair, causes frizz. Isn't it crazy? The cuticle gets tough when tresses are tapped out. Rough structure of hair's exterior layer allows moisture from air to enter into strands, causing them to swell and frizz. More hair damage, more frizz there is. Lavender oil is well-known for deep moisturizing, which aid frizz control.
Grey Hair: Ambrosial aroma of lavender oil is first thing that will catch your attention. Lavender essential oil is without doubt is greatest essential oil for grey hair since it is used in grey hair therapies. It darkens hair and doesn't produce lot of discomfort or itching on scalp following the treatment.
Greasy Hair: Greasy hair requires a shampoo with sebum-regulating characteristics to avoid scalp irritation, which stimulates sebaceous glands. Add it to hair care routine to help restore strength. Moisturizing agents of lavender oil help to keep scalp's sebaceous glands in control. It prevents hair from being greasy.
Lice in Hair: Most aggravating hair problems confront is head lice. Antibacterial properties of lavender oil are strong that it used to prevent head lice! Lavender Oil's powerful antiseptic properties are good at clearing head lice eggs, it may used as a natural, homeopathic preventive. Head lice are reported to be repelled even by the aroma of lavender oil.
Low Porosity Hair: There's a lot of us that suffer from low porosity hair. Lavender oil is here for the rescue. It contains natural moisturizing characteristics that allow it to build a protective barrier around your hair, you can finally keep moisture locked in until your next wash! Owing to Its mineral structure, lavender oil has amazing advantages that thicken your hair and treat your scalp in addition to hydrating.
Receding Hair: It's natural for hairline to rise slightly above brow as you become older. Lavender oil promotes hair development, it is used with carrier oil to encourage hair growth and eliminate receding hairline. Incorporating lavender oil into hair care regime if suffer from receding hairline can benefit tremendously.
- Hair Thinning: As we grow older, hair started thinning and it is not same luxurious mane used to carry. Chemical components in lavender oil help to reduce inflammation and boost cell development. Using lavender oil topically increases number of hair follicles, and strengthens hair shaft. Cumulatively, these factors lead to decreased hair thinning.
How to Use Lavender Oil for Hair?
Depending on how you want to benefit from lavender oil's therapeutic effects, you can apply it directly to your scalp and hair, inhale it, or take it orally. Aromatherapy or inhalation of lavender oil is widely suggested for anxiety and stress relief, which can have a significant impact on the hair and scalp. However, in this blog, we will focus on the direct application of lavender oil to the scalp and hair. Read on to find out more about it.
Lavender Oil Hair Mask
This coconut-lavender hair mask will moisturize and shine your hair. The coconut oil enters the hair, healing damage, while the lavender gives a soothing smell that enhances the whole experience.
- Lavender essential oil, 5 drops
- 3 – 4 tbsp. coconut oil (depending on your hair length).
- Combine the coconut oil and lavender essential oil in a small bowl.
- Allow 15 minutes for the coconut oil-lavender combination to rest on dry hair.
- Warm water and a light wash should be used to remove it.
- Use a vinegar hair rinse if you're having difficulties getting the extra oil out of your hair.
Lavender Oil Hair Serum
Making your own hair growth serum with carrier oils that encourage strong and glossy hair, such as coconut oil and sweet almond oil, is, in our view, the ideal approach to use lavender for hair growth.
- coconut oil, 1/4 cup
- a 1/4 cup of jojoba oil
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil
- All of the contents should be measured out and poured into a 4 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Secure the lid and shake it vigorously to ensure that the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Apply 5–7 drops to your scalp and hair 3-4 times a week. It may be used as a hair mask 15 minutes before showering or as an overnight treatment as well.
Lavender Oil Hair Pack
This herbal hair pack contains rosemary and lavender essential oils, as well as virgin coconut oil and a tablespoon of dried lavender flowers. This hair pack's three main constituents will aid in stimulating hair development, strengthening and nourishing hair, repairing worn and damaged ends, and eliminating itchy scalp.
- 2 cups of coconut oil
- Lavender essential oil, 30 drops
- 30 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (optional).
- Simply combine all ingredients in a glass dish and stir them together.
- Store the product in a small glass jar. If it's hot outside, you might want to store the jar in the refrigerator.
- Apply the mask to the ends of your hair, and the coconut oil will melt due to the heat of your hands.
- It's best if you leave it on your hair overnight and rinse it next morning.
- Repeat as needed during the week or whenever you feel like it.
Lavender Oil Hair Spray
Do you have to rush off to work or a party and don't have time to give your hair a natural bounce? Lavender spray is a quick and calming solution. A lavender mist is not only simple to prepare, but its lovely scent and therapeutic characteristics may work wonders for your mind and hair!
- Water bottle
- Lavender oil
- Distilled water
- Duckbill clips
- Add 5-8 drops of lavender oil to 1 litre of distilled water in a water bottle and shake thoroughly.
- Spritz your hair lightly to make it wet.
- Squeeze each part to allow the oil to seep in.
- Allow the clips to work their magic for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the clips and admire your gorgeous new waves and curls!
Lavender Oil Hair Conditioner
Coconut Oil and lavender oil are a great way to pamper your hair. This ultra-nourishing conditioner aids in the restoration of hair's natural moisture, brightness, and shine. Hair looks and feels silky smooth, soft, and luxuriously glossy thanks to our simple yet rich product.
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil (organic).
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- After washing your hair, wring out excess water and massage this conditioner into your hair, beginning at the ends and moving up to the scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly. Allow the mixture to soak in for about 20 minutes for an additional hydrating boost.
Lavender Oil Hair Massage Oil
Hydrating Hair Oil was created with intention of being simple to produce and utilize in number of ways. Argan oil provides excellent antioxidant capabilities as well as a combination of fatty acids that are great for hair. Coconut oil gives this oil a light texture, while argan oil adds amazing antioxidant properties.
- 2 oz. Brushed Aluminum Bottle with Pump Top
- 4 oz. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 2 oz. Argan Oil
- 0.2 oz. Cucumber Extract
- 0.2 oz. Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
- Combine coconut oil, argan oil, cucumber extract, and lavender 40/42 essential oil in a small container. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the hair oil into the three brushed metal bottles slowly and gently.
- Warm the oil and apply it to your hair. Put on a shower cap first, followed by a warm towel, or simply a towel if you like.
- Allow the oil to sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours before washing it off.
Precautions for Lavender Oil for hair
Make sure you don't use too much oil on your scalp or in your products. An excessive amount of essential oil might irritate the skin. When using lavender oil, always use a carrier oil to avoid this.
If you get a rash, hives, or dermatitis even after using carrier oils, stop using lavender oil immediately. It might be that you have a lavender allergy. Many people are in this situation.
Never put lavender oil in your mouth or get it in your eyes. If you get it in your eyes by mistake, flush it out with cold water right away.
If you're using nervous system sedatives or depressants, use or inhale lavender with caution. These drugs have recognized interactions that might cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Aside from these precautions, using diluted lavender essential oil for hair is completely safe.
Using lavender essential oil in conjunction with the correct carrier oil may have amazing advantages for the health of your scalp and follicles, as we've discussed throughout this post. From improving blood flow and circulation to supplementing your scalp's natural oils with vitamins and nutrients, there's something for everyone. With its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it also encourages hair growth, strengthens follicles, and calms and cleans the scalp.