Each of us has grown older, listening to stories about the various wondrous and medicinal properties of neem plants. Neem is regarded as a revered remedy for almost every ailment regarding the skin, hair, face and such, in nearly every Indian household. Neem has been in use since time unknown to combat pimples, acne, marks of chickenpox, treatment of curly hair, reducing dandruff, and many more.
The distinct medicinal properties of Neem, including all the plant parts ranging from stems and bark to leaves, flowers, and fruits, have been incorporated nowadays into various formulations such as soaps, toothpaste, medicines, and mosquitoes repellents, and such. Thus comes into play the newest and trendiest neem formulation, the neem powder.
What is Neem Powder?
Going by the botanical name Azadirachta indica, Neem is commonly grown at almost all places in our country and has been a highly prioritized ingredient in traditional medicine, especially Ayurveda.
Neem Powder, most commonly called Neem leaves powder, is an exceptionally versatile ingredient found in various healthcare products, including Ayurvedic medicated ones. This powdered formulation of Neem can be used for internal and external use with an excellent shelf life. Neem powder for the face is a perfect example of the external use of organic neem powder.
Uses of Neem Powder for Face Care
The immunity-boosting and anti-microbial properties of neem powder have a wide range of uses, for instance, treating skin and hair problems. Here are some detailed uses of neem powder, along with neem powder uses for the face:
- Neem leaf powder acts as a beneficial remedy, the use of neem powder for the face includes preparations like face masks, blends for face packs. Organic neem powder has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, acne, pimples, marks, and more.
- Neem powder is also used in treating mouth ulcers and stomach ailments.
- They are used in tackling breakouts and pimples, along with the excessive secretion of sebum from the skin.
- Reduction of dandruff also utilizes neem powder.
Top 7 Benefits of Neem Powder for Face
Except for various benefits of neem powder in healthcare, neem powder also has numerous benefits for your hair and skin. Following are the reasons to include neem powder in your daily skincare and haircare regimes:
- Neem Powder for Skin Care: The benefits of neem leaves powder include reducing acne, scars, blackheads, and whiteheads. Organic neem powder is also beneficial in smoothening the skin, reducing oiliness, and whitening the skin. Face masks, face packs, and such are also regarded as popular uses of neem powder for the face.
- Neem Powder for Acne Marks: Organic neem powder for the face mixed with water and applied to the face helps in reducing acne and acne scars. Neem powder for acne is the most important and famous use of neem powder.
- Lightening of Skin Blemishes: Organic neem powder is used for lightening the skin's blemishes. When a mixture of neem leaves powder, sandalwood powder, and tulsi powder is applied to the face, it purifying your skin through the numerous anti-microbial benefits.
- Moisturizing Properties: Did you know that the moisturizing properties of neem powder for the face also count as potential benefits of neem powder? An application of Neem leaves powder along with your favorite essential oil acts as a moisturizer by supplementing your skin with ample benefits of neem powder along with soothing, aromatic properties of your favorite essential oil.
- Delaying Aging Skin: With the immense benefits of neem powder for the face and its anti-aging and regenerative properties, organic neem powder helps fight the pathogens under the skin's surface, resulting in keeping the skin supple and soft. Neem leaves powder can reduce the effects of aging when applied to the face through a face-pack and thus gets counted under the numerous Neem leaves powder benefits.
- Neem Powder for Dark Spots: Organic neem powder acts as a moisturizing agent and helps reduce pigmentation of the skin. A thick paste of neem powder and water, when applied around the eyes for a period of fifteen to twenty minutes, helps in curing the dark circle problem and gets listed in the potential benefits of neem powder for the face.
- Neem Powder for Skin Whitening: The numerous antioxidants present in organic neem powder offers potential benefit and helps in reducing the production of melanin in your skin, thereby providing the essential help to even out your skin tone. A mixture of neem powder blended with papaya paste, when applied to the skin as a face-pack, helps in exfoliating the skin and reducing melanin production, thus whitening and toning out your skin.
Read More: Basil Oil: Benefits & Uses
Top 5 Neem Powder Face Mask Recipes
An authentic and magical home remedy, Neem leaves powder is unquestionably the solution to all your hair and skin problems. Some DIY using organic neem powder for the face are listed below:
1. Neem Powder and Papaya Face Pack for Glowing Skin
The antibacterial and antifungal properties of neem powder are undeniably beneficial and counted under the potential benefits of neem leaves powder. Organic neem powder controls excess sebum and oil secretion from oily skin and reduces melanin production to a certain extent. Along with neem leaves powder for the face, papaya is rich in Vitamin A and Papain, which cleanse pores, reduce dryness and lighten the skin.Ingredients required for making the face-pack:
- One tablespoon of Neem leaves powder for the face pack.
- One tablespoon of blended papaya pulp.
- Add the tablespoon of organic neem powder in a bowl.
- Add the blended papaya pulp to the neem powder.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon and massage this pack onto your face in circular motions.
- Leave it on for twenty-five to thirty minutes.
- Cleanse thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this homemade neem powder for face and papaya face pack three times a week for Best results.
2. Neem Powder Face Mask DIY for Acne-Prone Skin
The antioxidant and anti-microbial properties of neem powder for the face make it a potential candidate as an ingredient for the purification of oily skin and healing any existing acne.Ingredients required for making the face-pack:
- Half tablespoon neem powder for face mask.
- Half tablespoon gram flour/besan
- One teaspoon turmeric/haldi powder
- One tablespoon rose water to emulsify the paste
- Add all the dry ingredients one by one into a bowl and mix properly.
- Add rose water and mix thoroughly with a spoon to make it into a paste.
- Massage the paste onto your face in circular motions for five minutes.
- Leave it on for twenty minutes and then cleanse with cold water.
- Repeat this neem powder face mask, besan, turmeric, and rose water mask twice a week for best results.
Read More: DIY Coffee Face Mask For Glowing Skin
3. Neem powder and Yogurt for Dark Spots and Blemishes
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of neem leaf powder for the face, soothe the skin, and fight any pathogens under the skin surface. Apart from this, yogurt is a popular remedy for curing blemishes and dark spots, along with helping to even out skin tone.Ingredients required to make the face-pack:
- Half tablespoon neem leaves powder for face pack.
- One tablespoon yogurt.
- Add organic neem powder and yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Please apply to your face in a thick coat and let it dry for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Cleanse with cold water.
- Repeat four times a week for best results.
4. Neem Powder and Honey Face Pack for Anti-Aging
Organic neem powder for the face contains antioxidants that help remove wrinkles, fine lines, and signs of aging. The vitamins and minerals in the oatmeal act as a scrub to exfoliate the skin and remove dead cells. Apart from this, milk and honey have moisturizing properties, which help supplement the skin, thereby making it soft and reducing aging.Ingredients required to make the face-pack:
- Two tablespoons oatmeal
- One tablespoon milk
- One teaspoon honey
- Two teaspoons organic neem powder for face pack
- Put oatmeal in a bowl and add honey, milk, and neem powder for your face.
- Blend well with a spoon.
- Apply all over your face in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your skin till it dries.
- Cleanse with cold water.
- Repeat a week thrice for best results.
5. Neem Powder and Rose Water for Clear & Toned Skin
Organic neem powder has a long list of benefits, as discussed in the benefits of neem powder. Apart from them, uses of neem powder for the face also include unclogging pores, reducing acne, acne scars, and dark spots.
You can use neem leaves powder and rose water with Sandalwood to make excellent toners and help reduce fine lines and control the secretion of oil.Ingredients required to make the face pack:
- One tablespoon neem leaves powder for face pack
- Half teaspoon sandalwood powder or paste
- One teaspoon rosewater as an emulsifier
- Add neem leaves powder and sandalwood powder/paste to a bowl.
- Add rosewater to organic neem powder and sandalwood mixture.
- Mix well and apply to your face in a circular motion.
- Leave the mixture on your skin till it dries.
- Cleanse with cold water.
- Repeat two to three times a week for best results.
Side Effects of Neem Powder on Face
Organic neem powder is generally considered a safe home remedy for mostly all skin types with a bare minimum amount of side effects. But, one should always keep in mind the allergies that may arise due to excessive use of neem powder on face.
While consuming neem powder in large amounts, neem powder may cause skin rashes, lesions, and itching. Therefore, one should refrain from using organic neem powder, although the benefits of neem powder are known far and wide if symptoms like itching, rashes, dryness, and such persist.
Organic Neem leaves powder enriched with more than a hundred and thirty different bioactive compounds. It is an exceptional and wonderful home remedy that has been in use for centuries. Apart from the purification of skin and reducing dandruff, neem leaf powder is unquestionably an incredible formulation to combat skin problems and acne. Neem powder contains various benefits and but keep in mind that always use neem powder in proper recommended amounts and with necessary precautions.