If you're looking for magic in a bottle, look no further than rose water. We all use it on a daily basis, and it is a versatile ingredient that is suitable for all skin types. Rose water helps to maintain your skin's pH levels.
It also controls excess sebum production, making it the best rose water for oily skin. Rose water for sensitive skin is an excellent hydrating and nourishing agent for your skin. It also improves the skin's barrier function and protects it from harmful environmental aggressors.
Benefits of Rose Water For Sensitive Skin
Rose water has been used for decades because of its ability to treat a wide range of ailments. Let's look at some of the benefits of rose water for sensitive skin.
- Reduce Inflammation: Perhaps rose water's most powerful superpower is its anti-inflammatory properties. This natural ingredient reduces redness and inflammation, making it ideal for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Rose accomplishes this in part by inhibiting stressors that cause free radical damage, which leads us to our next benefit!
- Reduce Free Radical Damage: Rose is said to have a high polyphenol content. Polyphenols are chemical compounds that act as antioxidants. Unprotected sun exposure and air pollution can cause this damage. As a result, rose water protects the skin from UV rays and environmental stress.
- Moisturize And Nourish: Rose water prevents hydration from evaporating from the skin. Rose water gently hydrates and seals in moisture without clogging pores when used in mists, formulas known for their water-loving properties. Rose water can help protect your skin from pathogens and fight off bacteria that are already present.
- Antimicrobial Properties: One of the benefits of rose water is that it keeps bacteria at bay. Eczema and psoriasis are two conditions that frequently have a compromised skin barrier. Bacteria may be able to enter the skin more easily as a result of this. Not to mention that itching can lead to scratching, which often results in open wounds - a prime entryway. Acne and rosacea both involve bacteria on the skin's surface.
- Reduce Signs Of Ageing: Rose water inhibits the production of elastase and collagenase. These enzymes degrade elastin and collagen, two important structural components of the skin. Rose water is a gentle alternative to other anti-ageing products like retinol, which can irritate even non-sensitive skin. Furthermore, polyphenols are known to have anti-ageing properties!
How to Use Rose Water For Sensitive Skin?
Rose water is excellent for treating both oily and dry skin; however, how you use it is important, so in this section, we will discuss how to use rose water for sensitive skin.
Recipe 1. DIY Rose Water Makeup Remover
Even if you don't wear makeup on a regular basis, removing it should be the most important part of your routine. At the end of the day, makeup removers are useful for removing dirt and impurities from your face. What could be better than the scent of roses while it removes all the gunk from your skin?
- Rose Water - 1 Cup
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 Cup
- Glycerine - 2 Tablespoons
- Castille Soap - 1 Tablespoon
Step 1: Use a cup of rose water, 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel, 2 teaspoons of glycerin, and 1 tablespoon of Castille soap to make your own rose water makeup remover.
Step 2: Use a cotton ball to massage your face and remove makeup after thoroughly blending.
Step 3: All skin types can use this makeup remover, and it won't bother your skin.
Recipe 2. Vinegar And Rose Water For Sensitive Skin
Rose water vinegar balances the pH of your skin, soothing inflammation and providing healing benefits. It not only benefits the skin but can also be used to keep hair frizz-free.
- Rose Water - 1 Cup
- Honey - 2 Tablespoon
- Apply Cider Vinegar 1 Cup
Step 1: It's simple to make rose water vinegar at home. All you need are raw apple cider vinegar, honey, and organic dried rose petals (or rose water).
Step 2: Fill a jar with the dried rose petals and cover it with vinegar. Now, add enough honey and thoroughly combine.
Step 3: Apply this recipe while using cotton balls.
Recipe 3. DIY Rose Water Moisturiser
Rose water provides excellent skin moisturization and an all-day fresh, floral fragrance. Rose water is great for people with oily or combination skin because of its moisturising characteristics, which keep moisture in your skin without leaving it greasy.
- Rose Water - 1 Cup
- Organic Moisturizer - 500 Grams
Step 1: Simply mix rose water into your everyday moisturiser before applying it.
Step 2: When used on a face that has just been well cleaned, this mixture will perform best.
Step 3: You can see a significant improvement in the texture of your skin with continued application. Use it as your moisturiser twice a day.
Many factors, including rose water's anti-inflammatory, astringent, and antioxidant qualities, should be taken into account if you have acne. Additionally antimicrobial and antibacterial, rose water helps maintain the pH of the skin. VedaOils sells genuine rose water, and you can order in bulk and save money.