Nothing irritates us more than flaky, dry lips. And we've all experienced the difficulty of keeping our teeth from ripping apart the already peeling lip skin. It'll bleed the lips eventually, but who cares? At the very least, the desire to remove the peeling lip skin is no longer present once you pull it apart. We've all experienced the negative side effects and how they take us away from our desire for rosy pink, full lips. Solution? Make sure you have a proper lip care routine in place, which must include a homemade lip scrub for dark lips!
Is Homemade Lip Scrub for Dark Lips Effective?
Scrubbing such a delicate area of the face may seem counterintuitive, but moderate exfoliation can really be beneficial. The elimination of dead skin will not only aid with pigmentation but will also offer you softer lips. It's also been shown to help makeup last longer, extending the life of your lip products. What's not to like about that? The good news is that with a good homemade lip scrub for dark lips on hand, you may have smoother, healthier lips in just five minutes. Yes! Homemade lip scrubs really do work.
Homemade Lip Scrub for Dark Lips Benefits
Regularly using a lip scrub helps to remove dead skin cells while also smoothing and softening the skin. Of course, using a lip scrub before applying lip glosses or lipsticks is also a fantastic method to prepare your lips. This prolongs their life and allows for a smooth application. Did we mention that homemade lip scrubs for dark lips are simple to create, use, and are inexpensive? There are several more benefits that DIY lip scrubs provide, read on to find out more about them.
- Hydrating Lip Scrub: One of the most important benefits of a homemade lip scrub is that it moisturises your lips with the plant and seed oils it contains. Keeping your lips moisturised is essential for avoiding them from becoming dry and chapped in the first place. Lips are vulnerable to moisture loss by nature. So, to keep your lips nourished, apply a homemade lip scrub!
- Lightens Lip Scrub: Homemade lip scrubs gently exfoliate lips. It aids in the removal of hyperpigmentation on the lips as well as the restoration of natural lip colour. It works as a lip mask, hydrating and exfoliating at the same time. Because your lips lack their own oil glands, they are prone to drying out losing their true colour. Homemade lip scrubs help with this problem.
- Exfoliating Lip Scrub: Homemade lip scrubs include natural ingredients that make for great exfoliants for your lips! Exfoliation is necessary to remove dry skin and keep your lips looking luscious and healthy. Exfoliating also promotes blood circulation and cell regeneration, resulting in a brilliant pink color on your lips.
- Soft Lip Scrub: Homemade lip scrubs are exceptional at softening lips. This is due to the fact that they remove dead skin from your lips, leaving a smooth surface. Lip scrubs also include oils that moisturize your lips and keep them from drying out, which is very important throughout the changing seasons.
- Plumpy Lip Scrub: It is a little surprising, right! Homemade lip scrubs boost your lips, making them appear larger and fuller. This is mostly due to the salts and sugar in them, which exfoliates them and hence promotes blood circulation, making them look bigger! Some homemade lip scrubs also contain peppermint, resulting in a more noticeable outcome. Give it a go!
DIY Homemade lip scrub for dark lips
When your lips get dry and chapped due to the cold weather, they flake and peel - a lip scrub helps to slough off dead, cracked skin and allows your lip balm to enter deeper into the skin. What's the end result? Lips that are supple, rosier, and healthier. You don't need to burn a hole in your pocket on pricey scrubs when you can create your own lip scrub at home with a few things you probably already have in your kitchen cupboard. Continue reading for more fantastic DIY homemade lip scrub recipes.
Papaya Pulp, Vitamin E Oil, Honey, & Sea Salt Lip Scrub
Papain, found in papaya, is an excellent exfoliant and is used in many exfoliating skincare products. It easily breaks out dead skin cells and leaves behind smooth, fresh skin. Homemade lip scrub for dark lips is a great exfoliant when combined with sea salt. The vitamin E in scrub aids in repair of dry, cracked lip skin, while honey serves as a humectant, drawing moisture from air to keep your lips smooth and supple.Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp papaya pulp
- 1 Vitamin E Oil
- ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and scrub for 2-3 minutes with your fingertips.
- Leave on for 5 minutes before rinsing with regular tap water.
- Apply a thick coating of lip balm on top.
Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Sugar, & Peppermint Oil Lip Scrub
Shea butter is rich in fatty acids and vitamins, which moisturise and soften the skin layers from the inside out. Peppermint oil, on the other hand, soothes and repairs injured skin, making it an active component in lip balms and other lip care products. This homemade lip scrub for dark lips is a lifesaver for women with dry, pigmented lips since it contains so many beneficial elements.Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- ¼ tbsp almond oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 drops of peppermint oil
- Scrub the mix on your lips for 2-3 minutes after thoroughly mixing all the ingredients together.
- Allow 5 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- You don't need to apply a heavy coating of lip balm because this DIY lip scrub already contains hydrating elements. Just a tiny dab would be enough.
Orange Peel Powder, Almond Oil, & Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
This DIY lip scrub is your best chance if you've been suffering from dry, chapped lips for a while. This product contains mild exfoliants that effectively remove dead skin cells without aggravating flaky skin. Orange peel powder is also high in Vitamin C, which promotes collagen development and results in lush, smooth lips with just one application. Finally, almond oil is an excellent moisturizer since it penetrates deeply into skin without being too heavy.Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp orange peel powder
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and, after a grainy paste has formed, rub it on your lips in a gentle, circular motion. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Apply a lip balm as normal, and let your lips bask in the luxury treatment they've just received.
Coconut oil, Honey, and Sugar Lip Scrub for dry lips
Sugar is an excellent exfoliator, and honey is an excellent natural moisturizer. Furthermore, coconut oil strengthens the skin barrier, resulting in softer, more supple lips over time. This honey-based homemade lip scrub for dark lips will give you silky, rosy lips in no time.Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a mixing bowl, blend all of the ingredients until they're well incorporated.
- Apply with your fingertips to your lips, rubbing in tiny circular circles.
- Scrub for another 3 minutes or more before rinsing with tap water.
- If your lips are chapped, use a dab of hydrating lip balm or some aloe vera to relieve them.
Coffee Powder & honey Lip Scrub for flaky lips
Coffee is an excellent exfoliant, since it gently removes dead skin cells and promotes healthy skin. It inhibits premature cell ageing, improves collagen levels, and has antibacterial capabilities. Honey, on the other hand, is an excellent moisturiser. It helps moisturise the skin and increase its barrier characteristics.Ingredients:
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 2 tsp honey
- Mix the honey and coffee powder together and apply right away, otherwise the scrub will agglomerate. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes after gently massaging in circular strokes.
- After drying your lips, rinse them off and apply a decent lip balm.
Himalayan Pink Salt & Coconut Oil Homemade Lip Scrub
Coconut oil is an excellent exfoliant since it thoroughly cleanses the pores and eliminates all of the dead skin cells from within. The oil is also a fantastic moisturiser and may be found in many facial, body, and lip scrubs as an emollient. Scrubbing with an oil-based exfoliant is highly recommended if you have dry skin. While all salts have exfoliating properties, Himalayan pink salt is the most effective and leaves your lips with a healthy gloss.Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine these ingredients until they create a gritty paste.
- Apply the scrub on your lips and massage it for 5 minutes.
- Apply a moisturising lip balm after rinsing completely with warm water. This salt scrub may be kept at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
It's not only about your pearly whites when you smile; it's also about your lips! You don't have to break the bank by purchasing expensive lip scrubs when it's so easy to make your own at homemade lip scrub for dark lips! Try out these exfoliating and nourishing DIY lip scrubs and see for yourself!