It's festive time and you are on a quest for smooth skin. But drier and colder the weather gets, acne gets worse. If you have clogged pores and inflammation on your skin then this recipe blog is for you. Coffee is known to refresh your body and mind. But guess what? Our morning booster works wonders for our skin.
This powerhouse of antioxidants kills dead cells and removes impurities, making skin smoother and festive ready. Hundreds of coffee face mask brands products available online, but making natural coffee masks at home with chemicals is worth it. In this blog, we will show you how to make a DIY Coffee Face Mask at Home for oily and dry skin. You just need to add some organic ingredients according to your skin type. Also read out our previous DIY of Coffee Face Cleanser, to get instant glow on your face
What is a Face Mask?
When we talk about a skincare routine, a face mask is a must. The right face mask can help hydrate skin and help improve the appearance of your pores. Masks specifically help in the deep cleaning of the pores.
Benefits Of Coffee Face Powder Mask For Acne & Oily Skin
- Coffee is filled with vitamins and minerals to benefit your skin in numerous ways.
- Coffee is a natural exfoliator and helps in stimulating blood flow, which reduces acne.
- Adding Black pepper, Almond Oil and Aloe Vera gel in coffee face mask helps in reducing dark circles.
- It’s rich in antioxidants hence, helps in removing impurities.
- Coffee face mask good for skin tightening and whitening.
- To gain its full benefits use it as a mask,to exfoliate and remove dead skin giving your face a radiant glow.
Homemade Coffee Face Mask Ingredients List
- Coffee Powder- 2 Tbsp.
- Gram Flour - 1 Tbsp.
- Yogurt - 1 Tbsp.
- Honey - 1 Tbsp.
- Few drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Big Bowl
You can easily find these natural ingredients and all these does not offer any side effects on your skin, you can also add other alternative of these DIY of homemade Coffee Mask to get more benefits.
Know Ingredients Facts of Coffee Mask
Let's talk about the ingredients we are using to make our instant coffee face mask at home. It is always good to understand ingredient properties and know the best benefits.
1. Gram flour: The zinc in gram flour has been shown to fight the infections that cause your face to erupt with acne. It also helps to control excess sebum production and soothes inflamed skin.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt is not only good for your stomach but also your skin. It contains lactic acid that reduces the discoloration of the skin. The probiotics in yogurt calm the skin by promoting new cell growth.
3. Honey In Coffee Face Mask: Honey is a natural humectant, which means it keeps the skin hydrated. It also helps to balance the good and the bad bacteria on the skin.
4. Lemon Essential Oil: This oil acts as a detoxifying agent that nourishes, cleanses, and exfoliates the skin. Lemon oil kills the bacteria that may get trapped in pores and cause acne, blackheads and dark spots.
Benefits of Coffee Mask for Oily & Dry Skin
Apart from being our favorite beverage, coffee is more than just an aromatic bean. Let's quickly see how coffee can help you if you have dry or oily skin. Coffee is a health tonic, and when mixed with Coffee, Gram flour, Yogurt, and Honey. It forms a magical mask to treat your acne breakouts and give you glowing skin. The best part about using a coffee mask is that it deeply cleanses your skin without stripping away its natural oils.
Coffee Face Mask For Dry Skin: Acne on dry skin are caused when the skin lacks moisture, it becomes scaly, and to counteract the dryness, glands beneath the skin might produce more sebum that result in clogging the pores. Luckily coffee is a great exfoliator that unclogs the pores while honey keeps the skin hydrated.
Coffee Face Mask for Oily Skin: People with oily skin have an excess amount of sebum production. While coffee being a powerful antioxidant helps to balance the oiliness on the skin. In this mask, we also use gram flour and yogurt that promotes regeneration of cells that makes our skin look radiant and smooth.
Homemade Coffee Mask For Glowing Skin
Whether you have oil skin, combination skin or sensitive skin, this handmade face mask can be applied on all skin types:
Step 1- Use Coffee Powder
Take a big mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients Coffee powder.
Step 2- Add Gram Flour
Add One tablespoon of gram flour with honey and now mix both the ingredients properly.
Step 3 - Add Honey
Add 1tbsp Honey and stir them until a mask like consistency is formed.
Step 4- Add Lemon Essential Oil
Add a few drops of Veda’s lemon essential oil and mix well. And that's it. Your coffee face mask for acne treatment is ready.
Step 5- Add Yogurt
Now add one table spoon of Yogurt and mix all ingredients uniformly so that you get the right texture and smoothness while applying on face.
Step 6- Use Homemade Coffee Face Mask
This is "How you make instant honey and coffee face mask", now follow given below steps to use it in a proper way to achieve glowing and radiant skin.
How to Use Coffee Mask On Face
- Wash your face with tap water and apply our DIY coffee mask.
- Let the mask sit 15 minutes.
- Now rinse your face with lukewarm water while scrubbing the coffee honey mask in circular motion.
- Pat dry with a warm towel.
Safety Notes: Coffee Face Mask
- Though all the ingredients we are using are natural, it is always a good idea to do a patch test.
- Make sure the yogurt you use is fresh and no expiry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our comprehensive FAQ section on Walnut Oil Vs Almond Oil!
Q. Can I use a coffee face mask without coconut oil?
Ans. Yes, you can make this face mask without adding coconut oil, in this DIY Recipe if you are allergic to it. Since Coconut oil benefits our skin, so it become important ingredient for acne coffee face mask.
Q. Can I add egg and turmeric in coffee mask recipe?
Ans. If you want to reduce acne scars on the face, you can add one tablespoon of turmeric to your instant coffee face mask. Its anti-inflammatory properties will clean the skin pores deeply and give you glowing skin.
Q. Benefits of Egg Yolk Coffee Mask Recipe?
Ans. Yes, you can use egg in coffee face mask to get softer skin and adequate hydration, which is good for dry and flaky skin. Egg yolk contains nutrients that gives moisturization to the dull skin.
Q. Is there any disadvantages of using a coffee face mask?
Ans. No, the natural coffee mask includes organic ingredients such as coconut oil, honey, yogurt, gram flour, and lemon essential oil. You can use this face mask regularly but always try to use a freshly made mask.
Summary: We hope you enjoy the above recipe and learned the secret of a coffee face mask for whitening skin step by step. Please share your before and after experience after using a coffee face mask. Leave a comment below if you have any questions.