If you suffer from dry and flaky skin or feel that your skin needs more water, then this recipe blog for whipped Shea body butter lotion is just made for you.
Harsh winters are on their way, and you need to protect your skin from the frigid winter air. These days’ winters are not just cold but hold lots of impure dust particles. They are also dry, with little moisture in the air to help nourish the skin. In this blog, we will show you how to make DIY Whipped Shea Butter Lotion bar at home.
What is a Body Lotion?
Whether you believe it or not body lotion is a must when it comes to taking good care of your dry skin. They are specially designed to intact the moisture inside your skin; they work as an attracting agent for the moisture from the atmosphere to keep the dry skin soft, hydrated and rejuvenated.
Benefits of Whipped Shea Butter Lotion for Skin
- Shea butter is one of those rich ingredients with an array of benefits and can be highly beneficial for your face skin.
- Shea butter is so enriched with the goodness of Vitamin A, D and E.
- Naturally, anti-inflammatory makes it the best ingredient for moisturizers, balms, body butter, and even soaps.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties make it an essential ingredient for oily and acne-prone skin.
- It will make your face skin super soft and lightening.
- Apply Shea butter lotion on face skin if your are facing eczema and psoriasis problem.
DIY Whipped Shea Butter Lotion For Dry Skin - Natural Homemade Recipe
Whether you are starting as a DIYer or just an enthusiast who loves making their products for self-use or their loved ones, we have made an easy Shea Butter lotion homemade that you can easily make at your homes with the help of our Shea Butter.
Use homemade body lotion reduce redness and swelling on the skin. Another magic ingredient used with shea butter recipe is tea-tree essential oil. This miraculous essential oil is believed to calm redness, swelling and inflammation on the skin. It prevents acne scars and even lightens and reduces the acne scars present before, leaving your skin smooth and clear.
Ultimate ingredient for this DIY lotion recipe it can also help heal and protect the skin while sweet almond oil extensively helps make the skin plump and hydrated. It gets soaked in the skin quickly, which makes it an excellent choice for our recipe.
Homemade Whipped Shea Butter Lotion Ingredients
- Organic Raw Shea Butter (solid) - 100gm
- Coconut Oil (solid) - 50gm
- Sweet Almond Oil (liquid) - 50 ml
- Tea- Tree Essential Oil
- Glass Jar
Know Ingredients of Whipped Shea Butter Moisturizer
Let talk about ingredients we are using to make our homemade Shea butter lotion for dry skin and psoriasis. It is always good to understand ingredient properties fits to know the best benefits.
- Coconut Oil (solid): There is a wide range of articles available online that only tells you how good Coconut oil is for your skin. Being rich in fatty acids, coconut oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and increasing skin elasticity.
- Tea- Tree Essential Oil: Tea Tree essential oil is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties that help in soothing the irritated skin and relieving pain. It also helps in to reduce redness and swelling.
- Sweet Almond Oil (liquid): Sweet Almond Oil is mostly 100% safe and suits almost every skin type.
Homemade DIY Whipped Shea Butter Lotion Recipe - Step By Step
After collecting the all-natural ingredients mentioned above to make natural and organic Whipped Shea Body Butter, follow these steps properly:
Step 1: Use Bowl
Take a cup of Shea-Butter into a big mixing bowl.
Step2: Add Coconut Oil with Shea Butter
Now gradually add ½ cup each of Coconut Oil and Sweet Almond Oil to a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Heat & Stir Mix Properly
Using a double boiler, bring the mixing bowl to medium heat and constantly stir until all the ingredients are melted properly.
Step 4: Let it Cool
Remove the mixing bowl from the heat and let it cool a bit.
Step 5: Add Tea Tree Oil
Now, choose any essential oil as per your choice. I am adding 20-30 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour until it starts to solidify.
Step 6: Check Consistency of Lotion Mix
Take the mixture out and whip it for 10 minutes using a hand blender until it becomes fluffy and develops a cream-like consistency.
Step 7: Store in Glass Jar
Please move lotion mix to the refrigerator again for 10-15 minutes so that it’s set. After 15 minutes, please take out the lotion and store it in a glass jar secured with an air-tight lid.
Step 8: Apply Shea Butter Lotion
Your Whipped Shea Butter Lotion is ready to be used.
Perfect Body Butter For Unique Skin
This DIY Whipped Shea Butter Lotion bar for dry skin at home is super easy, and it is an ultimate product for your daily beauty goals. This homemade whipped shea body butter is pure gold, and we think you're going to love what it does for your skin. So ditch out those harmful and rough chemicals and try this all organic and super easy- DIY Whipped Shea Butter Recipe.
How to Use Whipped Shea Butter Lotion Bar
After bathing, apply a small amount of body butter to your fingertips and then massage the butter onto your skin/body. Apply as needed.
Store Whipped Butter Lotion for Lasting Longer
Store in a clean glass jar and keep in a cool, dark place. Your body lotion will keep for up to 3 months. Always remember to do a patch test.
Safety Notes on Shea Butter Body Lotion
While storing the Shea Butter Lotion in a glass jar, or any other box, try to clean first correctly, the lid should always be airtight.
- If you see any change in the texture of smell, avoid using the product.
- If you feel any skin irritation, wash the area with cold water.