It doesn't take much to achieve super-hydrated, smooth, delicate, and nourished skin. All it takes is some decent cocoa body butter. For decades, millions of people have used it to enhance and hydrate skin, decrease the effects of the sun, and cure scars and wounds. In its truest form, cocoa butter body lotion is a rich lotion with incredible cell-strengthening and relaxing effects.
It is often used as a base for moisturizing body creams because of this. If you're looking for a good cocoa butter body lotion for your skin, we've got you covered. We'll go through the many benefits of cocoa butter for the skin in this article, as well as several fantastic skincare cocoa butter body lotion recipes to solve your queries like ”how to make cocoa butter body lotion”.
Cocoa Butter Body Lotion Benefits
Cocoa butter can be used for a variety of things, including hair and body care. However, the most common use of cocoa butter is to aid in the improvement of skin and to give unrivaled hydration. Let's look at some of the skin benefits of cocoa body butter.
Antioxidant Powerhouse: Cocoa butter is high in fatty acids including oleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid, as well as antioxidants that fight free radicals. This butter helps to control and balance the production of sebum (natural skin oil), which helps to prevent acne and scarring. Cocoa butter improves the rate of oxygen absorption in the skin, making it brighter.
Reduces Stretch Marks & Scars: Cocoa butter contains antioxidants, fatty acids, and minerals that help to reduce the redness of fresh stretch marks, strengthen damaged skin, and provide additional UV protection. Cocoa butter has a number of skin-related benefits, which is why you'll find it in an increasing number of skincare products. It's also one of the most popular natural stretch mark remedies.
Rich Moisturizer: Due to its lightness, cocoa butter body lotion is a rich moisturizer that enters the skin gently. It's heavy in fatty acids and intensely moisturizes the skin, so it's perfect for body moisturizers and lip balms. It contains oleic, palmitic, and stearic acids, which are all skin-nourishing. This butter is extremely flexible and has no significant negative effects.
Heals Sensitive Skin: Cocoa butter is made from cocoa beans, which contain natural antioxidants that moisturize and nourish your skin from within. These naturally moisturizing substances are ideal for sensitive skin since they hydrate without aggravating it. Cocoa butter moisturizes dry and sensitive skin like no other, and it can even help with eczema and dermatitis.
Making Cocoa Butter Body Lotion With Coconut Oil (DIY)
Cocoa butter is a well-known moisturizer, and when combined with coconut oil, the two ingredients perform wonders. The unrivaled moisturization of cocoa body butter, combined with the protective layer of coconut oil, works together to lock in moisture and protect the skin from environmental aggressors. Let's look at how to produce your own homemade body lotion with cocoa butter and coconut oil.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Cocoa Butter - 3/4 Cup
- Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- To properly dissolve all of the ingredients, use a microwave as a double boiler.
- Fill the tight jar halfway with the blended mixture.
- While the combination is cooling down, shake it a couple of times at intervals.
- When the mixture has reached room temperature, it should begin to thicken.
- Place your chocolate body butter in the freezer for 20 minutes to improve the texture.
- Blend the mixture until it achieves a frothy consistency, either with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Store the mixture until you're ready to use your homemade cocoa butter lotion.
- Scoop out a spoonful with your finger and apply it to your face or body.
- Use this recipe twice a day for the best results.
Making Cocoa Butter Body Lotion With Essential Oils (DIY)
Essential oils are one of the most adaptable ingredients in a recipe. They are available in a range of shapes and sizes, and they can be used for a variety of reasons. While cocoa body butter moisturizes the skin, essential oil provides antibacterial and antimicrobial properties to the chocolate body butter blend.
- Cocoa Butter - 4 Tablespoons
- Safflower Oil - 6 Tablespoons
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 Tablespoon
- Lavender Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Combine cocoa butter and safflower oil in a saucepan.
- Melt the ingredients over low heat.
- Add the aloe Vera Gel after the mixture has melted.
- Whip the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- For 15-20 minutes, place the mixture in the freezer.
- Add lavender essential oil, or any other essential oil of your choosing, once the mixture has frozen.
- Mix for 8 minutes, then check to see if your body butter is fluffy.
- Complete the chocolate body butter recipe and store it in a jar.
- In your palm, gently rub the afflicted region with the mixture.
- For best results, apply this chocolate body butter twice a day.
Cocoa Butter Body Lotion for Relaxation
The cocoa butter body lotion is also known for its stress-relieving and soothing qualities. It contains tryptophan, which is a component of the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin. Basically, using this cocoa body butter recipe on a regular basis will provide you with a tranquil mind and a stress-free healthy lifestyle.
Hydrate your skin with VedaOils cocoa body butter. Among the best ingredients to improve and hydrate skin, and heal scars and marks. Make your own unadulterated cocoa butter that is a rich lotion with stunning cell reinforcement and calming benefits. It's for this rationale that it's widely used as a foundation for nourishing body lotions. Choose 100% pure cocoa butter for your projects, choose Vedaoils.
Cocoa Butter Lotion FAQ
Q.1 Cocoa Butter Lotion Expire Date
Ans. There is no Certain time limit fixed for the expiration of your cocoa body lotion but from my personal experience, you can safely use it from 3 to 6 months without any problem if you keep it in a cool and dry place in an airtight jar.
Q.2 Does Cocoa Butter Lotion Help you, Tan?
Ans. There is confusion that cocoa butter will make you tan quicker when applied to the skin before heading into the sun or tanning bed. This truly isn't accurate, and you shouldn't depend on cocoa butter to quickly develop a tan.
Q.3 Is Cocoa Butter Lotion Good for Dry Skin?
Ans. Yes, Some people use pure cocoa butter to assist with easing dry skin. Like other normal creams, for example, coconut oil, cocoa butter is for the most part made of fatty acids. These fats might assist with shaping a defensive layer on the skin, preventing moisture from getting out, and therefore stopping the skin from drying out.
Q.4 Can I Use Cocoa Butter Lotion on My Tattoo?
Ans. Yes, you can use cocoa butter lotion to take care of your newly created tattoo. As a matter of fact, cocoa butter is generally recommended by professional tattoo specialists as the best lotion/ointment for tattoo aftercare, moisturizing, and hydration.