The regular toothpastes that you use everyday might contain many chemicals that can affect your teeth enamel. Moreover, these artificially flavored toothpastes are not ideal for your oral health and hygiene. Instead, you can use a natural ingredient like Bentonite Clay to clean your teeth.
Bentonite Clay is nothing but volcanic ash that has been softened over a period to form a clay. Bentonite Clay is a mild abrasive that doesn’t affect your teeth enamel and neither does it cause any oral health issues. It contains the molecules that are negatively charged and draws metals and toxins that are positively charged. By doing so, it provides an effective cleansing action. Therefore, Bentonite Clay for teeth whitening can be a perfect option and substitute for regular toothpastes!
Benefits of Bentonite Clay for Teeth
Using Bentonite Clay for teeth can provide several benefits to your teeth. Some of the main benefits of brushing your teeth with Bentonite Clay are explained below:
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth Whitening: You can use Bentonite Clay for teeth whitening as it removes plague and other stains from your teeth effectively. It doesn’t harm the enamel of your teeth as other teeth whiteners do and therefore can be a much better and healthier option to polish your darkened teeth.
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth Cleaning: It is a good option to use Bentonite Clay for teeth cleaning as it contains astringent properties that remove dirt and tartar from your teeth. It also cleans your gums and absorbs toxins and bacteria that are harmful for your teeth and gums. Therefore, you may replace your regular toothpastes with it.
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth Brushing: It is a great idea to use Bentonite Clay for teeth brushing as it infuses minerals into your decaying teeth. It not only cleans your teeth but also resolves issues like bad breath. It safeguards your oral health by fighting against the plague and germs that affect your teeth and gums.
- Bentonite Clay for Tooth Infection: Bentonite Clay is antibacterial in nature. It also eliminates the other germs that get deposited on your teeth through its abrasive action. By doing so, it prevents tooth infection effectively. It is also effective against periodontal issues and diseases like gingivitis. Therefore, it is one of the best options to clean and protect your teeth.
- Bentonite Clay for Tooth Decay: Bentonite Clay eliminates the microorganisms that may harm your teeth and cause decay. It attracts toxins and positively charged ions and eliminates them as you use water to rinse our mouth. As a result, your teeth and gums become clean and safe from different types of tooth decay.
- Bentonite Clay for Tooth Abscess: Tooth abscess is nothing but a pocket of pus caused due to bacteria. It can be treated with Bentonite Clay as it contains powerful bactericidal properties. You need to fill the cavity caused by tooth abscess with Bentonite Clay of food grade quality to get rid of the pain and infection caused by it.
- Bentonite Clay for Tooth Pain: Using Bentonite Clay for tooth pain is an effective option as it kills the germs and bacteria that cause tooth decay and infection. Moreover, it restores tooth and gum health and makes them stronger by infusing them with minerals. All these benefits make Bentonite Clay an overall remedy for all teeth issues.
1. DIY Bentonite Clay Toothpaste Recipe
Now that you are aware of the different benefits of Bentonite Clay for teeth, it is time to learn how to make a Bentonite Clay toothpaste recipe. You will need a few ingredients for this recipe which are stated below:
- Bentonite Clay - 3 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 2 Tablespoon
- Peppermint Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Filtered water - ¼ cup
Follow the below steps to make Bentonite Clay Toothpaste:
- If the coconut oil is hardened, melt it and mix with Bentonite Clay and baking soda mixture.
- Now, add some water into the blend to turn it into a smooth and consistent paste.
- Finally, add Peppermint or any other essential oil to add flavour to the toothpaste.
How to Use:
- Take some mixture on your toothbrush and start brushing on your teeth gently. Brush your teeth for 5 to 10 minutes and after that wash your mouth with cold water. Use lukewarm water if you have sensitive teeth.
2. DIY Bentonite Clay Tooth Powder Recipe
If you want to make Bentonite Clay tooth powder instead of toothpaste, you should avoid using oils and water. Instead, you can only use dry powders and other ingredients that are mentioned below:
- Bentonite Clay Powder - 2 Tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon Powder (Organic) - 1 Tablespoon
Follow the below steps to make tooth powder using Bentonite Clay:
- Mix Bentonite Clay Powder and baking soda together.
- Now, add Cinnamon powder and mix it nicely in the mixture.
How to Use
- Take some tooth powder in a small bowl. Pour a couple of drops of water on the toothbrush so that the powder sticks on it. Now, brush the tooth powder onto your teeth and gums gently. Wash your mouth with water after brushing your teeth for 5 to 10 minutes.
The toothpaste and tooth powder recipes that we have shared above cleanse teeth effectively and brighten the enamel. They also instil a fresh breath by eliminating bacteria and other toxins that cause bad breath. For more recipes stay glued on our website. Use only natural ingredients to make toothpaste and tooth powder recipes that we have shared above. VedaOils is the best place to purchase organic and pure Bentonite Clay and other ingredients. Therefore, you can find these ingredients on their official portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1. What does Bentonite Clay do for teeth?
Ans. Bentonite Clay removes plaque and toxins from teeth and restores their whiteness. It also expels bad breath and removes bacteria and germs that can infect your teeth.
Q. 2. Is Bentonite Clay safe for teeth?
Ans. Since it is a mild abrasive and a natural teeth, Bentonite Clay is a safe ingredient for your teeth and gums.