Using Bentonite Clay for hair can be a good option as it exfoliates dead skin cells and toxins from your scalp. Moreover, due to its effective cleansing action, it is often used in hair masks and shampoos. For example, Bentonite Clay honey hair mask or Bentonite Clay and egg hair mask not only cleans your hair but nourishes it deeply.
Why Bentonite Clay for Hair?
Bentonite Clay is typically used to restore the nutrition of your hair and scalp. It hydrates the hair follicles that have become dry and restores the natural shine and texture of your hair. Moreover, it restores hair health by eliminating the dirt, dead skin cells, and excess oil from your scalp. It strengthens hair and reduces the chances of hair fall. Therefore, it directly contributes towards the thickness and healthy growth of your hair.
Benefits of Bentonite Clay for Hair
Using Bentonite Clay for hair has several benefits. It moisturises dry scalp and hair effectively and provides protection from toxins by removing them. The main benefits of Bentonite Clay for hair are explained below:
- Bentonite Clay for Hair Growth: By strengthening hair follicles, Bentonite Clay helps your hair to grow thicker and faster. Therefore, it is an effective option for restoring hair growth and volume naturally. It also moisturises your hair and makes it soft, smooth, and healthy. Therefore, it can be included in shampoos and other hair care recipes.
- Bentonite Clay for Hair Breakage: Bentonite Clay instils essential minerals and vitamins in your scalp and hair. By doing so, it prevents the hair roots from becoming weak. Also, by moisturising the hair follicles, it prevents them from getting dry and brittle. All these reasons make it an effective ingredient to prevent hair breakage and hair fall.
- Bentonite Clay for Hair Volume: Bentonite Clay hydrates hair and expedites the hair growth process. It also makes your mane thick and shiny. As a result, you will notice considerable improvement in hair volume after including Bentonite Clay in hair masks and other hair care recipes.
- Bentonite Clay for Hair Dandruff: As Bentonite Clay comprises negatively charged ions, it attracts dirt, metals, and other toxins that are positively charged. It also exfoliates your hair gently and removes dead skin cells and restores the scalp moisture. Due to these reasons, it directly prevents formation of dandruff and proves to be an effective dandruff remover as well.
- Bentonite Clay for Grey Hair: Hair becomes grey due to lack of nourishment. Bentonite Clay is rich in minerals and vitamins that are necessary to maintain the health of your hair. It improves scalp health and ensures that proper blood supply to the hair follicles is maintained. Therefore, it proves to be instrumental in reducing the chances of grey hair formation.
DIY Recipes of Bentonite Clay for Hair
As you are aware of the Bentonite Clay benefits for hair, you can now learn some DIY recipes that can be made at home. You will need to blend it with some natural ingredients that are healthy for your scalp and hair.
1. Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Recipe
Bentonite Clay for hai is one of the best ingredients for making hair masks because of its ability to nourish and cleanse your hair simultaneously. The ingredients that you can use to make Bentonite Clay Hair Mask are given below.
- Bentonite Clay Powder - ½ cup
- Water - 5 tbsp. (or more if required)
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 6 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil - 3 tbsp.
Follow the below steps to make the Bentonite Clay hair mask recipe:
- Mix Bentonite clay with coconut oil and ACV nicely.
- Add water to the mixture to give it the consistency required for the hair mask.
How to Use:
- Take some mixture into a bowl and apply on your hair strands and scalp gently.
- Massage it for a couple of minutes and leave the mixture for at least 10 minutes before rinsing your hair and scalp with lukewarm water.
2. Bentonite Clay Hair Cleanser Recipe
Bentonite Clay for hair proves to be an effective hair cleanser. It contains exfoliating properties that can remove toxins and debris of dust, drit, and dead skin cells from your scalp. The following ingredients can be used to make an effective Bentonite Clay hair cleanser at home.
- Aloe Vera Juice - 3 tbsp.
- Bentonite Clay - 3 tbsp.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 to 6 drops
Follow the below steps to make a powerful hair cleanser by using Bentonite Clay:
- Mix Bentonite Clay with Aloe Vera Juice and ACV.
- Add essential oils of your choice and blender it nicely in the mixture. Lavender, Rosemary, or Sweet Orange Essential Oils can prove to be ideal for this recipe.
How to Use:
Take some hair cleanser on your palms and coat it evenly on your hair strands. Massage it nicely by using some water and cleanse your hair.
3. Bentonite Clay Hair Spray Recipe
You can use Bentonite Clay for a hair spray that makes your hair frizz-free and strong. Here are the ingredients that you should be using to make this amazing DIY recipe!
- Bentonite Clay - 4 tbsp.
- ACV - 3 tbsp.
- Water - 3 tbsp.
Follow the below steps to make Bentonite Clay hair spray at home:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the liquid into a spray bottle.
How to use it?
Spray the mixture onto your hair whenever your hair feels dull or frizzy. There is no need to wash your hair after using this hair spray. This hair spray prevents the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms on your hair and keeps your hair fresh, light, and light. It also restores its shine naturally.
4. Bentonite Clay Hair Shampoo Recipe
You may use Bentonite Clay for the hair shampoo recipe as it contains the necessary nutrients to nourish your dull and dry hair. It also cleanses your hair and restores its natural growth by curbing the growth of microbes that may damage your hair.
- Filtered water - ½ cup
- Bentonite Clay - 1 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (optional) - 1 tbsp.
Follow the below steps to make DIY Bentonite Clay Shampoo recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add filtered water to get the required consistency.
How to Use:
Wash your hair with some plain water first. Now, use this DIY shampoo and wash your hair nicely. Use a natural conditioner after shampooing your hair.
You may use Bentonite Clay for hair loss, dandruff, and other hair issues. Using Bentonite Clay for hair masks, shampoos, and other recipes is a great option but you should only be using natural ingredients. One of the best places to find natural and pure ingredients for making Bentonite Clay recipes for hair is VedaOils. It provides organic and effective ingredients that are suitable and healthy for your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use Bentonite Clay on your hair?
Ans. Yes, Bentonite Clay can be used for hair provided that it is filtered to remove abrasives and toxins that may be present in volcanic ash.
2. Does Bentonite Clay help hair growth?
Ans. Yes, Bentonite Clay contributes to hair growth by promoting hair thickness and reducing hair fall.
3. Is Bentonite Clay Bad for hair?
Ans. No, Bentonite Clay is actually good when used in moderation.