Are you dealing with alopecia or hair loss? Are you afraid of intrusive procedures such as hair plugs? If you have thinning hair, scalp difficulties, dandruff, or other hair problems and want to go the natural route to regaining your hair, vetiver essential oil is the way to go.
Vetiver Essential oil includes the same elements that can stimulate hair growth, in addition to their great scent and capacity to transform your mood. In this blog, we will be discussing vetiver essential oil that can be very beneficial for hair growth.
Benefits of Vetiver Oil For Hair Growth
Vetiver Essential Oil, often known as the "Oil of Tranquility," extracted from the fragrant roots of the vetiver tree, which has the scientific name “Vetiveria zizanioides.” Since the root is tough to break in itself, it also helps to strengthen the hair.
Farmers who labour in the fields in direct sunlight wear vetiver roots in their hats to remain cool. For centuries, our forefathers have used vetiver root to make hair oil for its various hair growth benefits. Read on to find out the benefits of vetiver essential oil for hair growth:
- Antioxidant Properties: The antioxidant content of the vetiver plant aids in the treatment of dry scalp and dull hair. It also works to get rid of dandruff and irritation. In addition, it promotes the production of collagen, which strengthens the hair structure. These properties make vetiver essential oil highly beneficial for hair regrowth.
- Rejuvenates Hair: Vetiver essential oil has important nutrients and natural components that make it a one-stop solution for all of your hair problems. This oil has antimicrobial qualities, increases blood circulation in hair follicles, prevents numerous hair infections, and aids in creating collagen. It's fantastic for revitalizing dull, lifeless hair. The oil enhances hair structure, adds shine, and encourages hair growth when used on a regular basis.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Vetiver essential oil aids in cell regeneration, and its cicatrizing qualities contribute to this. Cicatrizants are cell-renewing agents that promote the synthesis of collagen, which is a key component of our hair. Collagen synthesis decreases as we age, and cell structures deteriorate, leading hair to become lifeless and brittle. Adding this essential oil to your hair care routine gives it a natural boost for hair growth.
- Kills Lice: Some insects, particularly lice, are claimed to be repellent to vetiver. Therefore, if you or your child has been exposed to a lice infestation, consider using this oil in their shampoo to repel lice. In addition, if you have lice bites on your scalp, the anti-inflammatory qualities will aid.
- Reduces Dandruff: Dandruff is caused by an excessively dry scalp, high humidity in the air, and a lack of cleanliness, and it causes itching and flaking. This fragrant oil permeates deep within the hair follicles, moisturizes the scalp, relieves dryness, and prevents irritation thanks to its high specific gravity and active antimicrobial qualities.
How To Use Vetiver Oil For Hair - DIY Hair Growth Recipes
The aromatic vetiver essential oil has every reason to be a constant in your beauty bag, from powerful nourishment and cleansing to rejuvenating your hair growth. Here are some easy homemade DIY hair growth recipes to get you started:
Recipe 1: Vetiver Oil Hair Rinse For Hair Growth
Here's a hair rinse that is super easy to make and is sure to benefit your hair and scalp.Ingredients:
- 5-6 drop vetiver essential oil
- 1 slice of lime
Step 1: Take 5-6 drops of vetiver oil and a slice of lime and mix them together.
Step 2: Set aside for a few minutes.
Step 3: Now use it to rinse your hair like you normally do with warm water.
Recipe 2: Vetiver Oil Hair Pack For Hair Growth
In India, vetiver essential oil is widely used in many houses. Most handmade hair oils include a small amount of vetiver root. To receive additional advantages from hair masks, vetiver water can be used instead of ordinary water.Ingredients:
- Vetiver Essential Oil - 3 to 4 drops
- Hibiscus Leaves - 10
- Mehendi Leaves - 1 Leaf
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 Cup
Step 1: Remove the gel from the aloe vera and wash it until it no longer has a sticky consistency.
Step 2: Add the hibiscus and Mehendi leaves to the blender after washing them. Combine the aloe gel and vetiver root essential oil in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Start mixing it. If necessary, add more vetiver root water or ordinary water until the desired consistency.
Step 4: When applying to your hair, start from the roots and work your way up. After an hour, wash it off with light soap and conditioner.
Side Effects: Is Vetiver Oil Good For Hair Growth?
Vetiver essential oil is non-irritant, non-sensitizing, and non-toxic, making it perfectly safe to use. It should, however, only be used in small doses. If you are pregnant or nursing, you should seek medical advice first. Also, it is important to note that if you are on some special medication, then vetiver oil may produce some side effects. So check with your doctor before using it. It is completely safe for topical uses like in hair cleansers and packs.
Since the ancient era, vetiver essential oil has been used in the cosmetics industry. Vetiver roots and hair oil have extremely nourishing properties for hair growth. In addition, it works as an anti-bacterial, lice repellant, hair rejuvenator, and a lot more. Try its properties out for yourself using our DIY homemade hair cleanser, pack, and tea recipes for hair growth.