If you have a really dry scalp, you've probably found yourself in an unpleasant scenario where your shirt's collar is covered with white flaky thing! Employing chemical treatments and harsh shampoos that claim to get rid of dandruff can do more harm than good to your scalp.
This is where the miraculous Neem oil comes into picture. Nothing could be handier and effective than utilizing neem oil for dandruff, which is widely available and easy to cultivate at home. Neem oil has properties that can cure a multitude of hair problems.
Neem Oil helps with improving blood purification and also provides antimicrobial properties. It has antifungal and antiviral properties, as well as anti-inflammatory properties - all of which cumulatively help in battling dandruff and giving you a healthy scalp.
Neem Oil Benefits For Dandruff Removal
Neem oil has been utilized in India's traditional medicine for millennia. It's been used to remedy hair dandruff problems for a long. Nimbidin, found in this oil, has been shown to decrease scalp inflammation. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant characteristics can aid with a variety of scalp problems, such as dandruff, irritation, and itching.
Neem oil includes fatty acids, vitamin E, triglycerides, antioxidants, and calcium, in addition to nimbidin, all of which contribute to a healthy scalp. Its fatty acid content can also be beneficial to your hair.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Neem Oil contains regenerative qualities that help to promote healthy cell division and hair follicle development and function. It also aids hair loss caused by pollution, stress, or medicine. Using this oil on a daily basis is bound to give make your hair shinier, thicker, and stronger.
- Conditions Dry Hair: Regular use of neem oil can result in attractive and healthy hair. Linoleic, oleic, and stearic acids, which are found in this oil, nourish the scalp and hair. Fatty acids in neem oil help to revitalize and restore dry, undernourished, or damaged hair. It has the ability to provide your hair with the deep conditioning and nourishment it needs.
- Reduces Dandruff and Itchiness: Candida and Malassezia fungus are the main causes of dandruff or scalp infections. Owing to antifungal qualities, neem oil for itchy scalp is effective against certain fungi. It also relieves dandruff-related inflammation, itching, and irritation. Those who suffer from dandruff should use this oil on a daily basis. It balances the pH of the scalp and reduces the growth of dandruff.
- Kills Head Lice: Neem oil is proven to be efficient for treating head lice without causing any negative side effects. Azadirachtin, an insecticidal chemical found in neem, prevents lice from developing and reproducing, eventually killing them. The strong odor of this oil repels lice, thus it's also used as a prophylactic treatment. Leaving neem oil in your hair overnight is an effective way of getting rid of head lice. The next day, comb your hair to remove any dead lice.
- Treats Scalp Infections: Neem oil has a multitude of properties which makes it a hero for fighting scalp infections. Some of these include anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. It also controls sebum production and normalizes scalp dryness or oiliness. It soothes and relaxes you by providing a cooling effect on your scalp.
- Prevents Baldness & Premature Greying: If your hair is greying as a consequence of hormonal issues, neem oil can assist. Regular use of this oil to the hair might help prevent premature greying. However, it's worth mentioning that this oil is only effective for delaying or avoiding greying. The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant qualities of neem oil help to prevent baldness by treating scalp conditions like psoriasis, which can lead to irreversible hair loss if left untreated.
Homemade Neem Oil Hair Dandruff Removal Treatment - DIY Recipes
Neem is a versatile herb with great therapeutic capabilities, making it a popular choice for treating and curing a variety of disorders. Antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as fatty acids and vitamin E, are all present in neem oil. It's a fantastic natural alternative to chemical-laden hair treatments.
Recipe 1: Neem and Coconut Oil For Dandruff Treatment
Coconut is a relaxant for your nerves as well as your scalp. It can enhance the health and texture of your hair and aid in treating dandruff.Ingredients:
Step 1: Simply heat a cup of coconut oil before adding 3-6 drops of Neem oil.
Step 2: Allow for around 15 minutes of boiling time. Let it cool.
Step 3: Drain the water and mix with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 castor oil.
Step 4: Massage the mixture into your scalp for another 10-15 minutes.
Step 5: Keep it on for another 30 minutes.
Step 6: Rinse well with water and wash with a light herbal shampoo.
Tip: Keep this oil in a container and use it twice a week to massage your hair.
Recipe 2: Neem Oil and Olive Oil For Dandruff Treatment
Neem oil is very useful for treating scalp infections, while lemon peel and olive oil can help prevent them.Ingredients:
- 1 cup neem oil
- ½ cup lemon peel
- Olive oil (as per liking)
Step 1: In a dish, combine neem oil and lemon peel and massage into the scalp with fingertips, focusing on the roots.
Step 2: Massage the mixture into your scalp for another 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Keep it on for another 30 minutes.
Step 4: Rinse well with water and wash with a light herbal shampoo.
Tip: Mix with olive oil if the combination is too strong for your skin.
Recipe 3: Neem Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar For Dandruff Treatment
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory qualities that fight the viruses and yeast that cause itchy scalp. It also helps to balance the PH of the scalp, which may assist to stabilise the circumstances in the scalp that cause inflammation, therefore alleviating your dry itchy scalp problem.Ingredients:
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup neem oil
- 1 cup water
Step 1: Spray your scalp with a mixture of 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup neem oil.
Step 2: Massage the mixture into your scalp for about 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Step 3: Repeat twice a week for best results.
Q1. Is neem oil good for dandruff?
A: Yes. Dandruff and dry scalp can be treated naturally with neem oil. It works against a variety of human fungi, including candida, which is a common cause of dandruff.
Q2. Can one apply neem oil directly to the hair and scalp?
A: Yes. Neem oil can be safely applied directly to the scalp without any side effects.
Q3. how often should I apply neem oil to the hair and scalp?
A: The DIY hair treatments discussed in this post will show the best results if done twice a week.
Q4. Is it safe to use neem oil during all seasons?
A: Yes, it may be used all year, however in the winter, we recommend mixing it with Organic Sweet Almond Oil and then applying it. You may blend it with Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil in the summer.
Neem oil is a natural remedy for dandruff and all hair and scalp issues. Owing to the numerous advantages, that we have discussed in this blog, neem oil for hair, is an efficient therapy for a variety of hair and scalp illnesses. Get yourself neem oil today and start reaping the benefits of it for your hair dandruff treatment.