Essential oils serve a lot of benefits to the human body. Cypress oils are produced from many species of the Cupressaceae family and have antibacterial, anti-microbial and antifungal properties. It is widely used in producing natural perfumes and cosmetics. But one popular use of Cypress oil is for the healing of varicose veins. Talking of this health issue, Varicose veins cause discomfort, swelling and pain in the veins of people who suffer from it.
Many studies show that with the consistent use of cypress oil, one can help soothe the pain and fasten the process of healing. In short, it is a popular recommendation to use Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins and is effective in the recovery. Let's discuss in detail how cypress oil is actually beneficial in the healing process of Varicose Veins.
Benefits of using Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins
As mentioned, cypress oil has many health benefits. Cypress oil is majorly used for the treatment of varicose veins. Varicose veins are a state when the veins on the legs and feet get swollen and enlarged. Below are five benefits of cypress oil for varicose veins
- The consistent use of cypress oils can have a visible change in people suffering from varicose veins. This is because cypress oils reduce fluid retention in the body. This results in a reduced appearance of varicose veins on the body
- Cypress oil also helps in promoting the flow of blood through the veins. It improves the circulation of fluids and boosts the circulation of blood. This can help with reducing swelling and improving the circulation system of the body. It also helps in reducing swelling and heaviness of the veins.
- Cypress oils also provide strength to the vein walls. This helps a person having varicose veins, especially ones having blue veins. Cypress oils provide relief from blue veins and also help in reducing body pain, especially muscle contraction pain and joint pain.
- Cypress oils have antispasmodic properties. It is capable of relieving muscle spasms and convulsions. Spasms occur when there is an involuntary contraction of the muscles. Convulsions are prolonged episodes of muscle spasms and cause rigidity. Cypress oils can help with these unpredicted situations.
Another important property of the cypress essential oil is its analgesic property. This helps in relieving pain. It can be used as a substitute drug for an analgesic drug. Cypress oil thus is preferred by many to use as a pain reliever.
DIY Recipes of Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins
Cypress oil is easily available and can be used to help reduce difficulties caused by varicose veins. They can be used in different ways, mixed and combined with different other medicines to get optimum results. Below are some methods of how cypress oils are commonly used to help with varicose veins.
Varicose Vein Relaxation Blend
- Cypress Oil : 3 drops
- Helichrysum Oil: 3 drops
- Thyme Oil: 3 drops
- Rosemary Oil: 3 drops
- Frankincense Oil: 3 drops
- Horse Chestnut Oil: 3 drops
- Any Carrier Oil: 2-3 tablespoons
Recipe, How to use & Benefit
- Use a mixing bowl to add all the mentioned essential oils.
- Use this mixture to massage the affected areas gently.
- For the best results, use it at least one time a day.
- This mixture helps in reducing swelling and also helps in reducing discomfort and pain.
- Cypress oil: 12 drops
- Geranium oil: 8 drops
Recipe, How to use & Benefit
- Mix the two oil and use 5-6 drops of the resulting mixture.
- Pour this into a warm bath and massage your legs gently.
- Peppermint, Juniper, and Rosemary are some other oils that can be used as a substitute.
- Sitz baths are helpful in stimulating circulation. It increases blood circulation and helps in reducing pain.
Cypress oil is one of the most powerful and venous anti-inflammatory medications. It has strong, clear and invigorating smells. The oil can decongest stagnant blood that has been lingering in the veins for a longer period. The oil can help avoid such enlargement and swelling in the veins. Cypress oil is also popular for its vaso-constricting effects. This causes blood vessels to tighten and allows blood to flow more freely. Five drops of cypress oil with one tablespoon of carrier oil used daily to massage affected areas can help reduce pain and swelling drastically. All these reasons make Cypress Oil one great product for fighting the problem of Varicose Veins.