Vetiver (Khus ) Liquid Extract
Vetiver, commonly known as Khusor Khus-Khus in India, is a tall, thick, perennial herb of light amber color. It has narrow linear leaves and brown flowers blooming on long stems. It has a distinct woody and earthy aroma and is extensively used to manufacture perfumes, cosmetics, and soap.
The liquid concentrate of Vetiver (Khus) is extracted from the Vetiver plant roots that are thick and grow vertically beneath the soil. Because of its calming and soothing properties, it is used widely in the cosmetic industry.
Its tranquilizing properties of Khus root extract help in treating skin problems, soothing the nerve cells, and boosting immunity and also used in Ayurvedic treatments and aromatherapies. Vetiver liquid extract is often termed as the 'Oil of Tranquility' because of its outstanding soothing properties that help treat various problems anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, and other mood disorders.
Enriched with active constituents like ᾀ-Vetivone, ᵝVetivone, and Khusinol, Vetiver liquid extract is highly-priced in the cosmetic industry as it protects the skin and hair from harsh environmental damages. Its soothing properties also aid in reducing oxidative damage, reduce wrinkles, and tighten the skin. Loaded with antioxidants and essential properties like anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, it helps in treating skin infections and acne.
Khus Liquid Extract Benefits
- Nourishes Skin: Khus liquid extract is rich in antioxidants and anti-microbial properties that nourish and hydrate the skin from within. Its deep cleansing nature cleans the skin, reduces itching and rashness, and unclogs the skin pores. As a gentle cleanser, it reduces acne, scars and diminishes marks by removing dead skin cells from the body. It helps to restore the pH level of the skin and evens out discolored skin.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: With its high soothing and cooling effects, Vetiver liquid extract has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing inflammation of the circulatory and nervous system. It also soothes inflammation caused by sunstroke or dehydration.
- High in Anti-septic Properties: Liquid extract of khus prevents the growth of bacteria that is responsible for causing various infections and sepsis in the body. When applied externally, it helps in healing wounds by promoting the growth of new tissues.
- Boost Immunity: By fighting free radicals and removing toxins, Vetiver liquid extract is highly effective in promoting your immune system and offering it the necessary strength to fight foreign particles entering your body.
- Calms Mind: The Vetiver liquid extract is known to calm the mind and work in tune with the seven chakras of the human body. It is used extensively in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and disorders of the nervous system.
- Delays signs of aging: Khus helps in cleansing the skin and eliminating toxins and free radicals from the skin, thus delaying the signs of aging like fine lines, pigmentation, and discolored skin tone.
How To Use It?
Add 5-10 Drops of the Vetiver liquid extract to bath water for fragrance and cooling. To increase its calming results, combine it with lavender and rose essential oils. Vetiver liquid extract is non-toxic and can be used as a facial mist, in face packs, as a body mist, or as an aftershave treatment.
Khus Liquid Extract Specifications
- Botanical Name: ChrysopogonZizanioides
- Common Name: Khus, Khus-Khus
- Raw Material Source: Organically grown Vetiver herbs
- Manufacturing Process: Extracted using a classic maceration method to ensure that that the therapeutic plant compounds like vitamins, minerals, alkaloids, flavonoids, and other active constituents are retained in the extraction process.
- GMO: GMO-Free
- CAS Number: NA
- INCI Name: Psoralea corylifolia
- For Vegans: Yes, as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Form: Liquid
- Other Ingredients: NA
Note: No herb-drug interactions are known but caution should be observed with external applications. The application in their prescribed doses may be considered safe.