To maintain the charm and glow of your skin, you need to provide complete care and nutrition to it. Shea Butter that is obtained from the Shea Trees contain fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins that make your skin smooth and flawless. You may use Shea Butter for skin lightening because it makes your skin youthful and also improves complexion naturally. This natural ingredient gives a healthy glow to your skin and is especially recommended to enhance the beauty of your face.
Benefits of Shea Butter for Skin Lightening
There are various ways through which Shea Butter proves to be effective for skin lightening. It fades blemishes and soothes dry and aggravated skin. Moreover, it offers protection from external factors and keeps your skin young and beautiful. Some of the main benefits of Shea Butter in context of complexion improvement are highlighted below:
Shea Butter for Ageing Skin: Ageing is an essential factor that contributes towards the dullness of your complexion. It gives rise to issues like fine lines and wrinkles. Being enriched with Vitamin A and Vitamin E, Shea Butter for skin whitening helps to get rid of ageing symptoms. Moreover, its powerful antioxidants revitalise your skin and improve its tone naturally.
Shea Butter for Acne Scars: Acne scars make your skin look ugly and uneven. Moreover, it also influences complexion and makes you feel less confident about yourself. By healing these scars through its anti-inflammatory properties, Shea Butter helps to give spotless face. Also, it aids in acne prevention by maintaining oil balance of your skin. Therefore, you will notice it in the ingredient list of several anti-acne creams and lotions.
- Shea Butter for Sun Protection: Shea Butter for skin lightening protects skin from harmful effects of harsh sunlight. By doing so, it prevents skin from becoming rough, tanned, and dry. It also nourishes skin deeply and maintains its hydration level in outdoor conditions. Therefore, you can prepare a DIY sunscreen lotion with organic Shea Butter to keep your face and skin protected when you venture out.
Shea Butter for Skin Blemishes: It is recommended to use Shea Butter for skin lightening because of its ability to take care of skin blemishes. The healing compounds present in it ensure that your skin does not appear dark due to blemishes and dark spots. Moreover, it also treats skin texture and works to give you a smooth and even complexion. In simple words, it proves to be a boon to a blemish ridden face.
Shea Butter for Skin Glow: Shea Butter penetrates deep in your skin cells and cleanses toxins like dirt and dust. By doing so, it enhances your skin glow and makes your skin more healthy and hygienic. The powerful antioxidants protect your skin from free radicals that make your skin appear dull. All these factors prevent the signs of premature ageing and give a beautiful charm to your face.
- Shea Butter for Dehydrated Skin: Shea Butter for skin brightening has got lots of nutrients that nourish and hydrates skin. By locking in moisture in your skin cells, it prevents skin from becoming dry. Therefore, it is often included in DIY moisturisers and body lotions. You can also make a DIY body face cream with Shea Butter and apply on your face daily for maintaining its softness and bounce.
DIYs of Shea Butter for Skin Lightening
Shea Butter is often considered to be a miracle ingredient due to its wide range of healing properties. However, you can also blend it with other ingredients to amplify its effectiveness. Below, we are sharing some recipes that would help you to incorporate Shea Butter in your skin care and beauty regime easily.
Shea Butter Skin Lightening Lotion
Shea Butter skin lightening lotion can be made quickly because it requires only a couple of ingredients apart from the Shea Butter. Also, it is an effective and nourishing body lotion that can be used in all seasons to prevent your skin from tanning.
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix them properly with a spatula or bowl.
- Transfer the content into a pump bottle that can help you retrieve the lotion as and when required.
How to use it?
- Take a dollop of body lotion on your palms. Apply generously on your skin and let it get absorbed completely in your pores.
- For best results, apply overnight and wash your body with lukewarm water in the morning.
Shea Butter Skin Lightening Cream
Making a face cream using Shea Butter for skin lightening is quite easy. You need a few ingredients to make this skin brightening cream effective for all types of skin. Also, most of these ingredients will be easily available at your home. So let’s get started!
- Shea Butter - 3 tbsp.
- Gram Flour - 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil - 3 capsules
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Mix all the above mentioned ingredients in a large glass bowl. Ensure that all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Transfer the ingredients to an old cream bottle and store it in a cold and dry place for retaining its texture and effectiveness for a long time.
How to use it?
- Wash your face clean before application.
- Take a small quantity of the skin brightening cream on your palms and massage on your face in circular motion.
- Leave the face cream at least for an hour before washing it with cold water.
Shea Butter Skin Lightening Serum
Shea Butter for skin lightening Serum is easy as you need only a few ingredients like honey and coconut oil. However, you need to maintain the temperature of the Shea Butter in such a way that it doesn’t solidify and become waxy. For that, you will need to melt and cool the butter a couple of times.
- Honey - 3 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Shea Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Heat the Shea Butter in a double boiler setup. Add coconut oil to it and finally add honey.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and transfer it into a glass bottle. Don’t refrigerate it as it may cause the serum to turn waxy and hard. Instead, you can store it at room temperature and heat it a little before application.
How to use it?
- Wash your face clean and dry it with a towel. Take a few drops of Shea Butter skin lightening serum on your palm and massage on your face gently.
- Use circular motions to apply the serum evenly. Don’t wash your face immediately after applying the DIY face serum.
Shea Butter Skin Lightening Face Massage Oil
Shea Butter for skin brightening can also be used as a face massage oil. However, you will have to mix it with the right ingredients so that it makes face brighter and blemish-free. Adding Lavender Essential Oil in this recipe is recommended as it not only enhances complexion but also adds a mesmerizing aroma to it.
- Heat the Shea Butter in a double boiler and remove it from heat once it is completely melted.
- Add Argan oil and Lavender Essential Oil to the mixture and whisk it if the Shea Butter solidifies. Transfer the content in a glass bottle and store it at room temperature.
How to use it?
- Clean your face using a face wash and warm water. Apply the Shea Butter massage oil on your face and give a rice massage to it.
- Use circular motions and massage gently. Wash your face after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. Don’t use soap while washing your face as it might scrape off the oil from your skin pores.
We hope that you liked our Shea Butter for skin lightening recipes. For more recipes, stay glued on our website. Also, only use natural and organic Shea Butter and the other ingredients that we have mentioned in these recipes also need to be pure and natural. Enjoy the process of making DIY skin care recipes with Shea Butter and convey your thoughts and experiences in the comments section.