Obtained from the nuts of the Shea Tree, Shea Butter is a popular ingredient in various cosmetic and hair care applications. Shea Butter is known for providing amazing nutrition to skin and hair. It is especially beneficial in the winter season when your hair becomes dry and rough.
Shea Butter is rich in fatty acids and vitamins that maintain the overall health of your hair. It possesses many therapeutic benefits and healing properties due to which it is revered by hair care experts. Therefore, you will find hairstylists for using Shea Butter on Hair as a key ingredient in many hair care and hairstyling applications.
How to Use Shea Butter for Hair?
You can use Shea Butter for Hair Care applications in following ways:
- Shea Butter as Hair Moisturizer - You may apply Shea Butter on hair strands to moisture or hydrate them. When you apply it to your hair, it spreads evenly like oil and gives a smooth texture to the hair follicles. As a result, people who have tangled, messy, or frizzy hair can include it in their hair care routine.
- Shea Butter Soothes Scalp - Massage Shea Butter on your scalp nicely to treat the irritated scalp. It also reduces dandruff by nourishing the scalp skin effectively. Massage Shea Butter in a circular motion so that it gets applied evenly throughout the scalp region.
- Shea Butter for Dry Hair - After applying it on your scalp, you may even comb it so that it spreads on the hair strands as well. It ensures that your dry hair becomes soft and nice. However, don't forget to wash the hair and scalp nicely with shampoo to experience silky smooth and glossy hair.
Shea Butter Benefits for Hair Growth
Following are the top 10 benefits of using Shea Butter on hair:
When applied to the hair follicles, Shea Butter makes them soft by nourishing them deeply. The fatty acids that are present in it ensure that your hair remains hydrated for a long time.
By making your hair strands soft, Shea Butter also enhances its texture naturally. As a result, your hair follicles don’t become dry or brittle. Therefore, applying Shea Butter reduces hair fall to a great extent.
Being rich in Vitamin A and E, Shea Butter works as an effective emollient. While using Shea butter on hair, it also possesses healing properties due to which it conditions hair and prevents it from becoming frizzy or dry.
Shea Butter protects your hair from getting damaged due to excessive heat, cold wind, and other environmental factors. Therefore, if you use a hairdryer or treat your hair with color often, you must incorporate Shea Butter in your hair care routine.
By working on the texture of your scalp and nourishing it, Shea Butter prevents the formation of dandruff. It is also useful against scalp irritation due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Treats Split Ends
Split ends occur when hair becomes excessively dry and brittle. Straightening or curling hair can also cause split-ends. By nourishing your hair strands deeply, Shea Butter resolves issues like hair fall and split ends.
When you use Shea Butter on hair regularly, it makes your hair appear fuller and thicker. While using shea butter for hair also promotes natural hair growth by resolving hair and scalp issues.
Reduces Hair Fall
On applying Shea Butter on hair, it improves the blood flow to your hair roots. By doing so, it ensures that enough nutrients are supplied to them. In turn, your hair follicles become strong and hair fall gets minimized.
Reduces Hair Greying
Your hair becomes grey when the hair follicles do not get a proper supply of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. By oiling your hair with Shea Butter, you prevent them from becoming dry and protect them from pollutants. This ultimately slows the process of hair greying.
Makes Hair Glossy
By restoring the texture of your hair strands, Shea Butter helps to revive its lost luster. It also hydrates your hair and gives a natural shine to it. Therefore, hairstyling and grooming applications always prefer using shea butter on hair.
Shea Butter Hair Care Recipes
Here are some hair care recipes that are incomplete without Shea Butter:
- Shea Butter for Hair Loss: Take 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil/ Olive Carrier Oil and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of melted Shea Butter. Massage on your scalp and hair nicely and experience steady hair growth. This recipe also works against hair loss.
- Shea Butter for Hair Care: Mix 2 tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil or Avocado Oil with 1 tablespoon of Shea Butter. Apply this mixture on your hair strands before using heat treatments or hair dryers. This recipe will protect your hair from the harmful effects of heat.
- Shea Butter for Hair Strength: Add 1 teaspoon of Rosemary Essential Oil or Tea Tree Essential Oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of Shea Butter. When these ingredients blend nicely apply it as a hair mask over the hair follicles. Keep it around for 20 minutes and then wash with a nourishing shampoo and conditioner. This recipe of shea butter for hair strength will also give a glossy finish to your hairs!
Precautions & Tips while using Shea Butter on Hair
Here are some tips and precautions that you need to follow while using Shea Butter for hair:
- Don’t apply Shea Butter on oily or messy hair. It is because the natural oils present in Shea Butter will weigh on your hair. It will also prevent the nutrition from reaching your hair follicles directly.
- Clean your hair properly before application of Shea Butter. If the butter is too hard, heat it a little to bring it to the right texture.
- Always get Shea Butter that is sourced from organic ingredients. Avoid the fake variants in the market that might spoil your hair.
- Use chemical-free Shea Butter that is free from artificial preservatives, colors, and fragrances. Apply pure Shea Butter on hair for improving the health of your hair and scalp.
Shea Butter is a natural remedy for various hair issues. However, using it too much can make your hair greasy or oily. Therefore, apply once every two days, and don't forget to shampoo your hair after a couple of hours. Using organic and pure Shea Butter will make your hair shiny, soft, smooth, and silky. Enjoy the numerous benefits of Shea Butter on Hair by purchasing natural and chemical-free Shea Butter from VedaOils.