Love oranges for their sweet citric smell and juicy pulp? Well, you will love them more when we tell you that they give you superb oil too. Yes, Orange Oil is a miracle not just for your inner health but also for your skin.
With all the goodness of natural oranges, orange oil for skin whitening is a depot of nutrients, antioxidants, and healing properties that bring wholesome goodness to your skin.
Read below to learn about all the benefits of orange oil for skin whitening. We also tell you how it can pamper your skin, improve its quality, and can naturally whiten it without the use of harmful chemical products.
How Does Orange Oil Work on Skin?
Orange essential oil is mainly derived from the peel of oranges rather than the fruit. With high astringent properties, orange oil for skin lightening is highly beneficial for the hyper pigmented skin.
It has great cleansing properties that remove toxins from the skin and reduce the appearance of pores. It nourishes the skin and deeply moisturizes the skin cells. Its anti-bacterial properties prevent skin infections and are used in various skincare products.
Orange Oil Skin Whitening Benefits
Loaded with natural antioxidants and astringent properties, orange oil for skin whitening helps in cleansing pores and improves skin tone. It exfoliates skin, minimizes pores, and detoxifies it to remove harmful toxins. With rich nutritional content, it smoothens and moisturizes skin.
The presence of limonene- a natural compound that acts as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal agent for skin. Here are some major benefits that Orange Oil brings to your skin.
- Acts as Lightening Agent: Natural compounds in orange oil-like limonene, aldehydes, and monoterpene hydrocarbons all aid in skin whitening, skin brightening, and improving skin tone. They improve blood circulation to the skin cells and control the damage caused by free radicals. All-natural chemicals in orange oil keep the skin cells healthy and active.
- Reduces Dark Spots: Sweet orange oil is highly recommended for reducing dark spots and controlling hyperpigmentation. Loaded with astringent properties, it helps to improve skin tone, clear blemishes, and improve the overall texture of your skin. Regular use of orange oil is known to show good results in reducing dark spots, pigmentation patches, and an uneven skin tone.
- Acts as Anti-aging Agent: If you are fighting premature symptoms of aging resort to regular use of orange oil in your skincare regime. The presence of antioxidants promotes collagen production and fights the damage caused by free radicals. It helps you achieve youthful skin without having to spend on expensive anti-aging products.
- Clears Skin: Orange oil for skin lightening acts as natural cleanser for skin. It detoxifies skin, closes enlarged pores, and prevents dirt and debris from clogging them. The astringent properties make it an ideal cleanser for the skin that gently deep cleans the skin without causing excessive dryness or robbing the skin of its natural oils and moisture.
- Promotes Oil Control: Orange oil balances sebum production of skin. Over secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands leads to oily and greasy skin that looks dark and without a radiant glow. Orange oil balances the natural oils of your skin keeping it appropriately nourished and glowing all day long and in every season.
- Fights Acne & Pimples: Highly recommended for controlling skin breakouts and skin infections. orange oil for skin whitening has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiviral properties aid in keeping skin free from germs and bacteria that are the major cause of pimples and acne. It provides a soothing effect on rashes, irritated skin, and painful skin eruptions.
DIY Orange Oil Recipes for Skin Whitening
Now that you know what miracle orange oil for skin lightening can bring to dull and lifeless skin, let us learn some simple DIY recipes using orange oil as key ingredient. Each of these recipes helps in reducing hyperpigmentation, dark circles, dark spots, and blemishes.
The result is bright and glowing skin with an even skin tone that uses simple pantry items rather than pocket-burning cosmetics and beauty products.
Orange Oil Face Pack
This simple face pack recipe makes best use of orange oil for skin whitening and honey both of which pamper your skin with the goodness of natural Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 2 teaspoons orange oil
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- In a small bowl add all three ingredients and mix well till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply a thick coat of the mixture on your face. Ensure that your face is well cleaned and dry. Let the mixture sit on your face for about 15 minutes or till it is completely dry.
- Next, rinse your face gently to remove all the mixture. Pat dry with a soft towel.
Orange Oil Face Serum
Serums are the easiest way to nourish your skin with the goodness of natural oranges. This homemade orange oil serum is more concentrated than the store-bought serums which mean better visible results for the skin.
- In a bowl add the orange oil and aloe vera gel. Mix thoroughly till you get a smooth paste.
- Now add a few drops of Vitamin E oil. If you have oily skin, you can either skip the Vitamin E oil or add just a couple of drops.
- Mix thoroughly to get a smooth blend.
- To apply the serum, gently massage it onto your face and leave it till it is completely absorbed by the skin. You can follow it up with a mild moisturizer.
Orange Oil Face Wash
When cleansing go easy on your face with the homemade Orange Oil Face Wash for skin lightening that gives your skin a boost of citrus and Vitamin C like no other skincare product.
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 5 drops Orange Oil
- In a small glass bowl add the baking soda, coconut oil, and orange oil. Give it a good mix.
- Wet your face and apply a small amount of this homemade face wash. Gently massage it into the skin in a circular motion using your fingertips.
- Rinse it off with warm water followed by a splash of cold water to close the pores.
Orange Oil Face Toner
Since Orange oil for skin brightenng is naturally blessed with antiseptic and astringent properties its serves as perfect natural toner for skin. It minimizes skin pores and improves skin elasticity.
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 5 drops Orange Oil
- A glass spray bottle filled half with distilled water and witch hazel
- Pour in all the ingredients in a glass spray bottle and shake to blend well.
- To apply just spray liberally on your washed face 2-3 times a day.
Orange Oil Face Mask
How about pampering your face once in a while with some nutritionally loaded orange face mask? Yes, this face mask helps you get rid of all the dark spots and brightens up your skin remarkably.
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2-3 drops of honey
- 5-6 drops orange oil
- In a small glass bowl add the gram flour, yogurt, honey, and orange oil. Give it a good mix till you get a smooth paste.
- If the mixture is too thick you can add a few drops of water to improve its consistency.
- Apply the face mask all over your face and neck and allow it to dry completely. Once it is dry and starts to tighten, you can remove it using a wet towel or sponge. Wash your face with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
Oranges are a storehouse of all-natural nutrients and orange oil for skin whitening that is extracted from its peel is equally rich and nutritious for your skin. It deeply nourishes your skin with its antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
By acting as an effective natural cleanser it improves skin tone, reducing dark spots and promoting a brighter and whiter skin that stands out in the crow. So, try our orange oil DIY recipes and see the difference in your skin tone with all the wonderful compliments pouring in on your pictures and clicks.