Rose water is exactly what you think it is — water and roses. However, while it may appear to be a simple product, many store-bought versions are laden with chemicals that might do more damage than good to your skin. Artificial colors, artificial smell (which can include hundreds of chemicals), and a laundry list of other hard-to-pronounce ingredients are all present in store-bought versions.
Rose water is essentially made by heating or steeping rose petals in water. This produces a liquid that is not only anti-inflammatory but also anti-bacterial, making it ideal for use on the skin as a toner. This is why rose water is such a flexible skincare component, since it may be used in lotions, bubble baths, or as a toner in this case.
DIY Rose Water Toner at Home
These two components are fantastic for your skin. Witch hazel is regarded as one of the most effective natural acne treatments. This toner is calming, light, and simple to create, but most importantly, it works like a charm.
- Dry Rose Petals - 1 Cup
- Filtered Water - 1.5 Cups
- Witch Hazel - ½ Cup
- Rose Or Geranium Essential Oil - 2 Drops
Know About Rose Water Toner Ingredients
The ingredients in this recipe provide myriad benefits, from being anti-bacterial to be extremely soothing. This recipe has a little bit of everything. Read on to find out more about the ingredients that go into our DIY Rose water toner.
- Rose Petals: Rose petals help keep the skin's pH in check, give inflammatory relief, help tighten pores, and reduce oily residue on the skin. Rose petals, besides these advantages, include vitamin C, which helps restore shine and relieve irritation, making them a great component for skincare.
- Witch Hazel: The witch hazel plant produces witch hazel, which is a natural astringent. This implies that when used in skincare, it helps cleanse and soothe the face while reducing oil production. It's also used to tighten pores naturally, giving skin a smoother appearance.
- Rose or Geranium Essential Oil: Did you know that one 5 ml vial of Rose essential oil requires 22 pounds of rose petals? Adding rose or geranium essential oil to this rose water toner enhances the aroma while also aiding in promoting younger skin. This is because both rose and geranium essential oils can help lessen the look of redness while also protecting the skin's surface.
How To Make Rose Water Toner DIY Recipe - Step by step
With a few basic ingredients, you can make your rose water toner. This toner helps to regulate the skin's natural pH, minimize pore size, and relieve redness and inflammation. It's suitable for all skin types, but especially those with regular to oily complexions.
Step 1: In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of rose petals and 1.5 cups of filtered water to a boil.
Step 2: Reduce to low heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes in the saucepan.
Step 3: Allow cooling completely before straining the flowers from the rosewater. You now have rosewater that you can use on its own or in other skincare DIY recipe preparations.
Step 4: To prepare the rosewater toner, combine 1/2 cup of this rosewater with 1/2 cup witch hazel and 2 drops of rose or geranium essential oil.
Step 5: Your homemade rosewater toner is now ready to use.
How To Use Rose Water Toner on Face
Now that you have your DIY rose water toner ready to go, let us tell you how to use it to make the most value of it.
Step 1: Cleanse your face with a mild face wash.
Step 2: Spritz some toner onto a cotton pad.
Step 3: Gently rub the cotton pad over your face and neck. Do not be too harsh with it, as that might cause skin irritation.
Step 4: Follow with your preferred moisturizer.
Rose water is well recognized for its usage as a toner since it has therapeutic qualities that help reduce inflammation and act as an astringent. It is often used by acne sufferers since it fights acne and restores the skin's natural radiance.
Rose water toner will not only calm your skin but also tighten your pores. It is super simple to create at home and requires ingredients that can be bought easily - even right here at VedaOils.