Bentonite Clay offers several skin benefits. It regenerates the skin cells and absorbs the oil and impurities that may cause issues like diaper rashes. Diaper rashes are caused due to prolonged wearing of diapers. The skin of the babies is sensitive and therefore, you cannot use any cosmetic ingredients to soothe the rashes. Instead, you can use Bentonite Clay which has powerful antibacterial and skin-soothing properties. In this article, we will be learning about the detailed benefits and recipe of Bentonite Clay for diaper rash.
Benefits of Bentonite Clay for Diaper Rash
Using Bentonite Clay for nappy rash can be a good idea as it possesses skin healing properties. Therefore, you can make a natural DIY diaper rash cream to soothe the skin that is aggravated due to wet diapers. Here are some key benefits of Bentonite Clay for diaper rash treatment:
- Mild Exfoliant: Though Bentonite Clay is known to cleanse the skin due to its exfoliant properties, it is a mild exfoliant. It means that it does not cause any damage to the sensitive skin of a baby. Moreover, it cleanses the skin and removes the impurities that may have resulted in diaper rashes.
- Pulls out Toxins: The negatively charged ions present in the Bentonite Clay absorb the positively charged toxins. When you rinse the skin with water, it pulls out those impurities and makes the skin soft, clean, and hydrated. As a result, it proves to be an excellent ingredient for treating the skin that has been affected due to impurities.
- Treats Bacterial Infections: Diaper infections are mainly caused by bacteria and can lead to severe infections if not taken care at the right time. Being antibacterial in nature, Bentonite Clay proves to be an ideal ingredient for the skin that is affected due to bacteria, dirt, and other toxins.
- Eliminates Odour: Using Bentonite Clay for nappy rashes is a smart thing as it also takes care of the awful odour associated with it. The high absorption capacity of Bentonite Clay absorbs the dirt and toxins that are responsible for the foul odour. It also makes skin smooth and healthy by removing the unwanted impurities from the skin cells.
- Keeps Skin Dry and Clean: The cleansing action of Bentonite Clay ensures that the skin is not affected further after taking care of the diaper rashes. Applying Bentonite Clay for baby rashes will not only make the skin dry and clean but also improve its texture if mixed with proper natural ingredients.
Bentonite Clay for Diaper Rash Recipe
It's time to make an effective and super-soothing cream for treating diaper rashes. We are making this DIY diaper rash recipe with Bentonite Clay and a few other natural ingredients that are healthy for the tender skin of your baby!
Follow the below step-by-step process to learn how to make diaper rash cream with Bentonite Clay:
- Heat Shea Butter and Coconut Oil together.
- Turn off the heat and when the mixture cools down a little, add Bentonite Clay and Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Let the cream cool down until it forms a thick cream of smooth consistency.
How to Use:
- Clean the bum of your baby with a baby wipe. Now, apply this cream over the affected area gently. Let the cream sit for a while but don’t allow the baby to sit on its bums until the cream gets absorbed completely.
This was the awesome bentonite Clay for diaper rash recipe. To make the best DIY recipe, get ingredients from VedaOils. It is because VedaOils offers only the natural and pure ingredients that are healthy for your skin. You can also grab attractive deals, discounts, and offers on their official site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1. Is Bentonite Clay good for rashes?
Ans. Yes, the cleansing and healing properties of Bentonite Clay make it good for treating any sort of rashes.
Q. 2. Is Bentonite Clay safe for babies?
Ans. Yes, purified Bentonite Clay powder is safe for the babies when used in moderation.