Exfoliating skin is always good as it eliminates dead skin cells, excess oil, toxins, etc. Many body scrubs and face scrubs are available in the market today. However, you must avoid using those that contain harsh chemicals and synthetic colours and additives.
The good news is that you can also make these scrubs at your home by using a few ingredients. Today, we will tell you about the benefits of exfoliating the skin. Along with that, we will share some wonderful homemade recipes that will exfoliate your skin effectively.
Why should I exfoliate my skin?
Your skin gets exposed to several pollutants like smoke, dirt, bacteria, and other microbes as you engage in your day-to-day activities like working, cleaning, etc. Also, prolonged exposure to sunlight and extreme weather affect the tone and texture of your skin. Eventually, dust debris, dead skin cells, and dirt accumulate on your skin and form layers. As a result, your skin becomes dry, scaly, and rough. By exfoliating your skin, you ensure that all this debris comes off and your skin becomes fresh and rejuvenated again!
Benefits of Homemade Scrubs for Dry Skin
While making a homemade scrub, you can avoid using the ingredients excessively drying on your skin. Instead, you can incorporate the elements that nourish your skin while removing the toxins. Here are a few exceptional benefits of using homemade scrubs for dry skin:
1. Remove Dead Cells: Skin ageing is a natural process, and eventually, some of the skin cells die and get replaced by new skin cells. By exfoliating your skin, you ensure that these dead skin cells are removed quickly, which expedites skin regeneration. Eventually, your skin becomes fresh and looks rejuvenated due to the formation of new skin cells.
2. Unclog Pores: Due to consistent exposure to external factors like heat, pollution, cold winds, etc., your skin pores are tiny. This results in clogging your pores. The natural exfoliants used in the homemade scrubs open up the clogged pores and eliminate the toxins stored inside them. This rejuvenates your skin and makes it lighter and softer.
3. Prevent Acne: Deposits of bacteria, Oil, and other pollutants result in the formation of acne. By unclogging the pores, homemade scrubs prevent them from damaging your skin further. Therefore, acne formation is also reduced to a great extent.
4. Even Skin Tone: Homemade scrubs can include oils and natural extracts that work on your skin tone. These natural ingredients fade the dark spots and uneven pigments on your skin. As a result, your skin tone becomes even more beautiful than before!
5. Increase Cell Turnover: Maintaining the cell turnover rate is essential to maintaining the youthfulness of your skin. By expelling the unwanted dead skin cells and toxins, an exfoliant or homemade scrub speeds up this rate and prevents your skin from ageing quickly. As a result, your complexion becomes flawless!
Homemade Face Scrub Recipes For Dry Skin
To put these benefits to the test, you can experiment with homemade face scrub recipes at home. Try to utilise essential oils, herbal powders, dried flower petals, etc., that are available at home or can be bought easily from online or offline channels.
1. DIY Anti-Ageing Face Scrub
For making an anti-ageing face scrub at home, you need some almonds and honey. This DIY face scrub tackles ageing symptoms and moisturises your skin naturally. To gain more knowledge about this recipe, read the below sections.
Recipe & Use
- Crush the almonds first.
- Then heat the honey until it gets warm and mix with the other ingredients.
- Finally, add the crushed almond pieces and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now, wash your face with lukewarm water first and then apply a thin coat of this face scrub.
- Gently massage with your fingertips and rinse your face with lukewarm water again.
2. Hydrating Face Scrub At Home
Your skin might get dry and rough due to constant exposure to humidity and pollution. To bring back the hydrated look, you can explore the hydrating face scrub recipe that we are sharing below!
- Kiwi - 1 whole (peeled and smashed)
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Olive Oil - 3 to 4 drops
Process & Use
- Blend all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Ensure that the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Now, wash your face and scrub it with this face scrub gently.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water after 5 minutes.
3. Coconut Sugar Face Scrub for Smooth Skin
If you want to give a velvety smooth feel to your skin, try making a homemade scrub for dry skin with the help of ingredients like coconut oil. To make it work as a scrub, you need to add brown sugar and matcha powder.
- Coconut Oil - ⅓ cup
- Brown sugar - ½ cup
- Matcha powder (organic) - ½ cup
- Honey (organic) - 1 tbsp.
Recipe and use
- Mix all the ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Blend them until they form a homogeneous blend.
- Wash your face with water and tap it dry with a clean towel.
- While your face is still moist, apply some face scrub and start massaging it in a circular motion.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water again after a couple of minutes.
4. Homemade Body Scrub for Dry Skin
Even your body needs the pampering that you give to your face. This DIY body scrub for dry skin recipe contains the goodness of coconut oil and antioxidants from lemon juice.
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice - 1 drop
Process & Use
Blend all the ingredients in a glass bowl & make a thick paste. Apply the body scrub on the body parts after washing your body. Massage the scrub gently and rewash it afterwards.
5. Detan face and body scrub At Home
This DIY body scrub is effective for both face and body skin. Moreover, apart from hydrating your skin, it also details it naturally. To know the crux of this recipe, read the below sections.
- Gram flour - 1 tbsp.
- Yoghurt - ½ tbsp.
- Salt - ½ tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil (Optional) - 2 drops
Process & Use
Mix all the ingredients well and apply them to those areas of your body that have been tanned. Wash your body and face with lukewarm water after massaging it on your face and body for a couple of minutes.
We hope that you liked our homemade scrub recipes for dry skin. Get natural oils and other ingredients from VedaOils. VedaOils is a leading supplier of natural oils and organic ingredients. Also, please don’t use ingredients that can be too harsh on your skin, as we don’t want your skin to be hurt.
FAQs: Homemade Scrub for Dry Skin
Q1. How frequently can I use homemade scrubs?
Ans. As homemade scrubs don’t contain any additives or chemicals, you can use them daily.
Q2. At what time I will see the results?
Ans. You will start noticing positive results after using the homemade scrubs for weeks.
Q3. Are these homemade scrubs good as commercial products?
Ans. Though these homemade scrubs are effective, they don’t contain any preservatives. Therefore, it is recommended that you make them at home and use them immediately. If you intend to use them for commercial purposes, use a formulation that contains natural preservatives. For more help, you can contact the sales team of VedaOils.