Rose extracts and oil have the inherent qualities of soothing your skin. If you infuse your body lotion with rose essential oil, it will nourish your skin and heal issues like dryness or roughness. Moreover, it has a refreshing fragrance that heals your mind and energizes you.
It suits all skin types, and its delicate touch will add a silky smooth texture to your skin. It is observed that rose essential oil helps tackle negative feelings, anxiety, and stress. When you include it in body lotion, it will provide your skin with the much-needed moisture. It is especially useful in the winter season when the skin tends to get dry or flaky.
DIY Homemade Rose Body Lotion Recipe
The body lotion you get at a cosmetic shop might heal your dry skin. However, it also contains chemicals that can damage your skin in the long run. Therefore, it is better to use natural ingredients and make DIY rose body lotion at home.
You can use rose essential oil and other organic ingredients to make this DIY recipe. However, ensure that all these ingredients are obtained from authentic natural, pure, and chemical-free suppliers. Today, you will learn about a simple DIY rose body lotion recipe that will prove to be beneficial for your skin in many ways.
Homemade Organic Rose Body Lotion Ingredients List
Rose essential oil is concentrated and can damage your skin. Therefore, while making a DIY body lotion, don’t forget to use diluents like body butter, carrier oil, etc. Also, for extending the shelf life of the rose body lotion, add Vitamin E.
It will also introduce antioxidants in the lotion, essential for maintaining your skin health. However, use it at 0.5% as this concentration is enough for preserving the natural oils. Here are the ingredients that you can use for making homemade rose body lotion:
- Rose Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- White Beeswax - 8 Grams
- Vitamin E Oil - 4 Grams
- Sweet Almond Oil - 75 Grams
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 30 Grams
- Rose Hydrosol - ½ Cup
- Vegetable Glycerin - 1 tsp.
Why Use These Natural Ingredients?
Every ingredient we will use in our homemade rose body lotion has a particular purpose. Their roles are well-defined and add to the effectiveness of our DIY body lotion. Therefore, you should not skip any of these ingredients and use them only in the mentioned concentration. The natural properties and uses of each of these ingredients are explained below:
1. Rose Essential Oil: Rose essential oil has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, and it also adds a visible glow to your skin. It is often used to cure redness, dryness, and other skin issues. While it nourishes your skin deeply, it enhances its texture by making your skin soft and smooth. It also fights aging symptoms.
2. White Beeswax: White beeswax is a humectant by nature. Therefore, it attracts moisture and prevents it from escaping by creating a protective layer around your skin. Apart from that, it exfoliates your skin and removes impurities and toxins from it. It also cleanses the dead skin cells and enhances your skin’s texture and appearance.
3. Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil decreases the puffiness of your skin. It also resolves issues like dark spots and is considered a potent antioxidant that protects your skin from environmental effects. In addition, it boosts collagen production and helps your skin look youthful by increasing its elasticity and texture.
4. Sweet Almond Oil: The nourishing properties of sweet almond oil treat rough and dry skin. It enhances your skin tone and curbs issues like stretch marks and scars. In addition, it restores your skin's complexion and enhances it over time by eliminating all the reasons for skin darkening.
5. Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil is a natural emollient that keeps your skin soft by protecting it from external factors. It is often added to body lotions due to healing and repairing damaged skin. The antibacterial properties of this oil prevent acne and pimples effectively. It also fades acne scarring by nourishing the skin.
6. Rose Hydrosol: Rose hydrosol balances the pH level of your skin. It also clears your skin and maintains its even tone. It evens out the texture of your skin and tones it. Therefore, it is often used in skin tones. In addition, controlling the formation of excess oil in your skin pores keep your skin oil-free.
7. Vegetable Glycerin: Vegetable glycerin is also a humectant that keeps your skin fresh and hydrated. It possesses antimicrobial properties that protect your skin from different microorganisms that can infest it to cause long term damages. Vegetable glycerin also works as a cleanser and protects your skin from the harmful effects of environmental factors like wind, dust, dirt, etc.
DIY Rose Scented Body Lotion - Step by Step Process
To prepare a DIY Rose Scented Body Lotion with the above ingredients, follow these steps:
Step 1: In a pot, melt white beeswax, virgin coconut oil, and sweet almond oil. The heat should be kept very low. Also, ensure that the wax melts in the oil perfectly. Stir the mixture continuously so that all the contents blend.
Step 2: Now, add the rose essential oil and vitamin E oil and let it cool down in a fridge. Don’t refrigerate the mixture for too long as it might harden. A period of 15 to 20 minutes is enough for cooling it.
Step 3: Now, remove the mixture from the fridge and add rose hydrosol and glycerin to it. Blend it in a mixer so that it becomes frothy and smooth. If you don’t have rose hydrosol, even distilled water will do. Store the content in a glass bottle and start using it as a body lotion.
This was our simple DIY homemade rose body lotion recipe. If you have liked it, share it with your relatives and friends. Also, if you want to give any suggestions, feedback, and advice, please don’t hesitate to connect with us. Rose Essential Oil suits all types of skin. However, if your skin is allergic to natural oils, you can take a patch test on your elbow after diluting it with some existing body lotion or coconut oil.