If you thought the humble papaya was just a fruit to keep your tummy healthy, then you may be wrong. Yes, this wholesome and nutritious fruit goes a long way in enhancing your skin quality and giving you the perfect glow that can accentuate your looks and keep your skin charming for years to come.
Read on to learn how you can use the modest papaya powder to prepare some magical homemade face packs to treat different skin issues and find the solution to many skin problems with just one simple fruit.
Benefits of Papaya Face Pack - The Elixir of Glowing Skin
While ripe and unripe papaya has its benefits, studies suggest that it is widely used in face packs and skincare products because of its high nutritional benefits. With its natural enzymes and anti-microbial properties, the topical use of ripe papayas treats various skin issues and additionally imparts an unmatched glow to your skin.
- Papaya curbs early signs of aging by protecting the skin against the damage caused by free radicals. It visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles along with dark spots.
- Loaded with flavonoids, papaya acts as a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
- The presence of potassium in papaya helps retain moisture in the skin and keeps it hydrated, thus combating dryness problems.
- The natural enzymes in papaya promote collagen production that maintains skin elasticity, keeps it firm, soft and supple.
- Papaya is loaded with inherent healing properties that soothe irritated skin and treat sunburns and pigmentation caused by exposure to the sun.
- Papaya acts as a natural skin whitener, and regular use of papaya face pack improves skin tone and controls dark spots and blemishes on the skin.
- A ripe papaya face mask acts as an excellent skin exfoliator. It removes dead skin cells and makes the skin radiant and naturally glowing.
- Enriched with anti-fungal properties, papaya extracts, when applied topically, help control fungal infections and dirt that can lead to acne and breakouts on the face.
Papaya Face Pack Homemade Recipes For Skin
We help you learn not just the benefits of papaya but also unveil the secrets of using this simple fruit in easy homemade face packs that curb skin issues and help you shine in your natural skin. Papaya is a universal fruit that gels well with other substances and brings radical benefits to your skin.
Below we list some simple homemade papaya face packs that help you reduce skin pigmentation, fade acne scars and help deal with open pores and dry skin. Try your hands at these recipes and transform your skin with exceptional results.
1. Papaya, Grape, Honey, and Turmeric Face Pack For Pigmentation
Pigmentation, dark spots, and blemishes can mar your beauty, and they can degrade your skin texture, making it look dull, damaged, and lifeless. The papaya, grape, honey, and turmeric face pack is a magical blend that removes skin pigmentation, dark spots and leaves the skin looking brighter and more radiant.
While papaya works with its natural enzymes, grape juice acts as an astringent treating pigmentation. Honey works as a natural moisturizer making the skin soft and supple, while turmeric, with its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, clears the skin of all germs and infections.Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of ripe papaya pulp
- 1 tablespoon of grape pulp or grape juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 pinches of turmeric powder
- Step 1: In a bowl, mix the papaya pulp, grape pulp/juice, and make a lump-free paste.
- Step 2: Add honey and two pinches of turmeric powder to the mixture.
- Step 3: Give it a good mix and make a smooth paste.
- Step 4: Apply the paste evenly on your face and neck and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 5: Wash the face pack with lukewarm water.
2. Papaya, Honey, Lemon Face Pack For Acne Scars
Acne and pimple can leave ugly scars on your face that spoils your natural beauty. The use of this organic homemade face pack can help you combat acne scars and reduce the occurrence of pimples and acne by controlling frequent breakouts. The enzymes in papaya act as a bleaching and exfoliating agent, while honey has antimicrobial properties that reduce skin infections. Lemon juice serves as a natural astringent that cleanses the skin and unclogs pores.Ingredients:
- ½ cup mashed ripe papaya
- 1 teaspoon of honey or honey powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Step 1: Mash the ripe papaya and make a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Step 2: Add the honey and lemon juice to the papaya and mix well.
- Step 3: Apply the face pack evenly on the face and neck area.
- Step 4: Leave it for 15-20 minutes or till it dries and starts to harden.
- Step 5: Wash it off with cold water pat dry with a clean towel.
- Step 6: Repeat this face pack one in 3-4 days for best results.
3. Papaya and Besan Face Pack For Open Pores
Open pores make your skin look rough and uneven and make it more susceptible to dirt deposition leading to blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores. Therefore it is important to control open pores and keep them clean and unclogged. This homemade face pack using besan exactly helps to control open pores. Besan or chickpea flour absorbs skin impurities that clog and enlarge the pores. Papaya, with its natural bleaching enzymes, exfoliates the skin and improves skin tone.Ingredients:
- ½ cup mashed papaya pulp
- 2 tablespoons of besan
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt (optional)
- Step 1: In a mixing bowl, add the mashed ripe papaya and besan. If you are using yogurt, then you can add it too.
- Step 2: Give it a good mix and make a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Step 3: Keep the pack in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Step 4: Apply the face pack all over the face and neck, avoiding the eyes and lip area.
- Step 5: Leave the face pack for about 20 minutes on the front and allow it to dry.
- Step 6: Rinse it off with cold water and apply an ice cube on your face to close the pores.
- Step 7: Finally, use a moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
4. Papaya and Aloe Vera Face Pack For Dry Skin
Dry and itchy skin is a significant problem, especially during the winter when harsh dry winds blow and little moisture in the air. This impacts our skin leaving it dry, scaly, and sometimes itch. Papaya and aloe vera face pack helps to nourish the skin, deeply moisturizing it and leaving it hydrated for a long time. While papaya is enriched with natural antioxidants and nutrients that make it nourishing, aloe vera is rich in Vitamin E and water content. All these properties of both ingredients make it a perfect combination to reduce skin dryness.Ingredients:
- ½ cup mashed papaya pulp
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel or fresh aloe vera pulp
- Step 1: In a mixing bowl, add the mashed ripe papaya and aloe vera pulp/gel.
- Step 2: Give it a good mix and ensure that there are no lumps in it.
- Step 3: Apply the smooth paste evenly on the face and neck area.
- Step 4: Leave it on for bout 15-20 minutes.
- Step 5: Wash it off with cold water and apply a moisturizer.
With so many benefits to count on, the next time you bring home papaya, remember to not only relish its taste but also pamper your face with its natural goodness. Try using the humble papaya with more of your everyday kitchen ingredients in face pack recipes and see how its benefits manifold transform your beauty and help it grow or glow to an all-new level.