Simple homemade skincare recipes often prove better than the ones we get at the store. This is because we can use them while they are still fresh and gain maximum benefits from them. Try our homemade vanilla body lotion today if you want to make a body lotion that looks tempting and smells amazing! You don't need too many ingredients and making this DIY body lotion is fairly simple.
The main ingredient of this recipe is vanilla essential oil. Made from vanilla beans, and the vanilla essential oil is filled with aromatic compounds. This oil soothes your skin and makes it beautiful by improving its texture and appearance. Making body lotion with vanilla essential oil and other ingredients is given below.
Advantages of Natural Vanilla Body Lotion
Vanilla body lotion encounters skin dryness by rejuvenating it with natural ingredients like vanilla essential oil, white beeswax, shea butter, and golden jojoba oil. These ingredients are known for their nourishing effects.
They lock moisture in your skin and prevent the moisture from escaping the outer layer of your skin. As a result, you get soft, smooth, and luscious skin after applying this body lotion. Also, issues like skin redness, roughness, irritation, etc., are minimized.
Homemade Vanilla Scented Body Lotion Recipe
As discussed, we will use some other ingredients and vanilla essential oil to make this recipe worth trying. However, ensure that you get these ingredients only from authentic suppliers and distributors. Only pure and chemical-free ingredients will provide the desired benefits without causing any side effects. Check the below section for knowing the ingredients and their preferred quantities.
Homemade Vanilla Smelling Body Lotion Ingredients
We will be using pure and organic vanilla essential oil and beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil in this recipe. Virgin coconut and golden jojoba oil tame down the concentrated vanilla essential oil while the other ingredients nourish your skin and healthify it. Therefore, these ingredients should be used in the below-specified quantities for quick results:
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Shea Butter - 1 tbsp.
- White Beeswax - 1 ½ tbsp.
- Golden Jojoba Oil - 1 ¼ tbsp.
Know Your Vanilla Scented Body Moisturizer Ingredients
Before making homemade vanilla body lotion, it is essential to know about the ingredients completely. While these ingredients should be used in their pure form only, you must understand their properties, uses, and benefits so that you can use them in the future. So let’s dive deeper into these ingredients and their properties now:
- Vanilla Essential Oil: Made from Vanilla beans, Vanilla Essential Oil is rich in antioxidants that repair damaged skin. The free radicals responsible for fine lines, wrinkles, etc., also get eliminated by this oil. Your skin will get rejuvenated and smell good with this ingredient.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin Coconut Oil is a natural emollient that protects your skin from environmental hazards. It repairs skin and moisturizes it to heal dryness and roughness. It also heals skin itching and protects your skin from bacteria and other microorganisms.
- Golden Jojoba Oil: Golden Jojoba Oil controls sebum formation and prevents your skin from becoming oily and tacky. It also nourishes your skin deeply and plays a pivotal role in acne prevention. In addition, Golden Jojoba Oil lightens dark patches on regular application and makes your skin soft and supple.
- White Beeswax: Obtained directly from beehives, White beeswax is a natural humectant. Apart from moisturizing your skin, Beeswax also takes care of it by shielding it against environmental factors. It also eliminates dead skin cells and cleanses your skin seamlessly.
- Shea Butter: Known for its nourishing properties, Shea butter softens skin. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties heal your skin and soothe skin irritation. In addition, it is an effective skin brightener and promotes the faster recovery of damaged skin cells. Shea butter also tones your skin naturally.
DIY Homemade Vanilla Scented Body Cream - Step by Step
The five ingredients that we will be using to make our DIY vanilla body lotion should be incorporated correctly. In addition, their proportions and adding time should be appropriate to enhance their benefits. To understand the process of making DIY vanilla scented body lotion, follow these steps:
Step 1: Take a double boiler and add virgin coconut oil, golden jojoba oil, shea butter, and white beeswax to it. Don’t add vanilla essential oil as of yet.
Step 2: If you don’t have vanilla essential oil, use vanilla beans instead. Cut the bean and remove the vanilla. Next, slice the beans and add the vanilla and sliced beans into the double boiler.
Step 3: Heat the mixture in water. Keep stirring the mixture occasionally to blend the ingredients well. Heat it till the water boils. Lower the flame again and heat it for up to 20 minutes.
Step 4: If you are using vanilla essential oil, remove the blended mixture in a glass jar and then add vanilla essential oil. Mix it thoroughly to blend with other ingredients.
Step 5: Leave the mixture as it is, as it might take up to 24 hours to harden. After 24 hours, you can apply it as a body lotion daily.
We hope you liked our simple yet super effective nutritious homemade vanilla body lotion. Please share your comments and feedback with us if you find this helpful recipe. Also, stay tuned for the latest DIY skincare and face care recipes that can redefine the health of your skin!