Warm-up your home and office space with vibrant decor and some spicy and refreshing aroma. Yes, and what better way to do it than with some natural and homemade cinnamon candles that add warmth and character to your space. A natural woody, rustic, and sweet cum spicy smell instantly fills your room with love, affection, and a mesmerizing warmth.
With a calming and relaxing aroma, the dancing flame of cinnamon candles can instantly change the mood and ambiance of your space, too, at a minimal cost. It brings about a fresh wave of relaxation and tranquility that can ward off all the anxieties and stress of the day. It brightens up your mood, infusing fresh and warm energy and rekindling positivity in the atmosphere.
Homemade Cinnamon Scented Candles Benefits
Cinnamon bark essential oil is a major component of cinnamon-scented candles. This essential oil is loaded with many therapeutic values and is widely used in aromatherapy. With its enigmatic aroma, it not only lights up your room but also your senses and mood. Here are some major benefits of cinnamon-scented candles that you surely need to explore by lighting one in your house.
- It helps you de-stress and unwind
- Increases focus and concentration of the mind
- Increases mental alertness
- It helps in easing headaches and stress
- It soothes the mind and soul
- Reduces mental fatigue
DIY Cinnamon Fragrance Candle Ingredients
Cinnamon scented candles use some simple ingredients that are easily available in every home. Here we list down all you need to make these fragrant beauties for your home.
- Soy Wax
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Cotton Wicks
- Candle Container
Besides this, you need a few other tools to make the candles and bring them to shape like
- A digital scale to measure the ingredients
- Hot glue gun to affix the wick to the glass container
- A saucepan to melt the wax
- A spoon or spatula to stir the wax
- Scissors to trim the wick
Know About Homemade Cinnamon Scented Candle Ingredients
Before we proceed to try this super simple DIY recipe of making scented cinnamon candles, it is essential to understand the ingredients used in the recipe and factors to consider before we choose these ingredients. These facts about the ingredients educate you about using the best quality materials and how to pick them correctly. Each ingredient is equally important and contributes to making the best quality cinnamon candles.
- Soy Wax: Soy wax has a smooth, buttery, and beautiful finish which is most apt for candle making. Made from soyabean oil, soy wax is one of the best quality wax blends well with any fragrance and is, therefore, most preferred in candle-making.
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil: Using a premium quality cinnamon bark essential oil is the secret to fantastic and long-burning cinnamon candles. Good cinnamon bark essential oil is extracted from the leaves or outer bark of the cinnamon tree. It has a warm and spicy aroma that makes these candles unique.
- Candle Container: Mason jars, glassware, and candle tins are best for candle making. Choose a jar size that suits your needs. If you are making the candles for gifting purposes, choose small jars as they look super cute. But whatever size and shape you choose, make sure that the jars are leak-free containers.
Homemade Cinnamon Candle DIY Recipe - Step by Step
With all the ingredients by your side, you are all set to make your homemade cinnamon candles with a personal touch and with the use of quality ingredients. Once you try your hands at this recipe, you realize how simple they are and what fun it is to craft them with your hands, using all your creative skills. So, let’s get started and follow these simple instructions to sail through and craft your masterpiece.
- Step 1: Take a clean and fresh candle container. Now attach the wick at the bottom of the candle container using hot glue. Allow the glue to harden and the wick to fix with the glass container. Ensure that the wick is in the center of the glass jar.
- Step 2: Measure the soy wax using a digital scale and use a quantity depending on the candle container. If you do not have a digital scale, fill your glass jar with soy flakes and use double that quantity.
- Step 3: Put the soy wax flakes in a saucepan and heat it over low flame until the wax melts completely. Stir with a spoon or spatula to melt the wax evenly.
- Step 4: Once the wax has melted completely, remove the wax from heat and let it cool down until it reaches about 85⁰C. Then add the cinnamon bark essential oil and stir well to combine it with the wax.
- Step 5: Again, allow the wax to cool until it reaches about 60⁰C. Then pour the wax into the candle container.
- Step 6: Ensure that the wick is in the center and allow the wax to sit at room temperature for about a couple of hours. Finally, sprinkle some ground cinnamon on the candle for added fragrance.
How to Use: Before burning the candle for the first time, trim the candle to about 1 cm. Try burning the candle for only about 3-4 hours. Enjoy the dancing flame of your cinnamon candle and the warmth and fragrance that it spreads in your space.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When we try anything new, we naturally have questions and worries, therefore we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions for our fantastic users to look through.
Q: What does a cinnamon candle do?
A: Cinnamon candles impart a rich, warm and spicy fragrance in the surrounding where they burn. This aroma has a soothing effect on the senses and instantly lifts your mood. It relaxes the mind and helps to de-stress, relax and reduce anxiety.
Q: Do cinnamon candles smell good?
A: Yes, cinnamon candles smell warm with a sweet and spicy aroma. It has a refreshing smell that is very appealing and soothing.
Q: Can you put actual cinnamon in a candle?
A: Yes, real cinnamon candles can be used to wrap around the candles, enhancing their natural and rustic aroma.
Relaxing with a cup of freshly brewed coffee and a flickering scented candle flame is everyone's idea of a perfect stress-busting evening. What if the candle smells of your favorite cinnamon spice. With a woody, rusty, and spicy aroma, cinnamon has therapeutic effects on your mind and senses.
It is the perfect aroma to calm your stressed nerves, de-clutter your overthinking brain, and give you the much-needed respite of peace and tranquility after a long and hectic day. So, roll up your sleeves and craft these fragrant cinnamon candles that bring the charm of the woods and the warmth of the spices in your living space.