You may have probably heard of different vitamins and minerals. However, out of all the vitamins, the major one that is very beneficial for the health of our skin and hair is vitamin E. After all, it is one of the natural ingredients that have the best protection, strengthening, and hydrating properties.
It is also infused in many nail oils and hair products because of its nourishing properties. Are you interested in knowing more about what Vitamin E oil can do to your nails? Then read on further to find it out.
What is Vitamin E Oil?
While you may think it is a single vitamin, in real, Vitamin E is not a single vitamin. In fact, it is a group of fat-soluble vitamins with antioxidant effects. This oil is derived from vitamin E and is easy to apply directly to any part of your skin.
The high level of antioxidants in Vitamin E oil helps the body get rid of free radicals. Honestly, there's no limit to what Vitamin E oil can do for your overall health, especially the nails.
Is Vitamin E Oil Good For Nails?
Like your skin, the nails also require moisture and hydration to look amazing and strong. According to various research experts, Vitamin E is a soluble nutrient that is very helpful in increasing the moisture in your nail bed and the skin around your nails.
This very thing helps nails rejuvenate and restores the dry cuticles. In addition to that, Vitamin E oil also gives necessary nutrients to the nails and naturally nourishes them. It is one major ingredient that helps nails get a steady growth.
Benefits of Vitamin E Oil For Nails and Cuticles
As mentioned above, Vitamin E oil is an intense moisturizing natural ingredient that makes it far more beneficial for nails than any other element. In detail, let's discuss the various benefits vitamin E oil offers our nails and cuticles.
- Boosts Nail Health: Vitamin E oil is a necessary supplement that benefits your nail growth and promotes length in them too. When applied to nails and cuticles, they boost nail health by adding strength and hydration to them. Moreover, Vitamin E oil for nails also has great moisturizing benefits that treat and prevents cracked cutlets and dry skin around the nail bed. All of these things promote good and healthy nail growth.
- Eliminates Yellowing of Nails: If you are someone who can't go without nail polish, one reason could be your yellow nails. But what you do not understand is that it is the same thing that is causing this issue. Applying vitamin E oil can help in fading down the yellowish shade from the nails. You can see the results when applied regularly for a few months on the nails and around cuticles.
- Protects The Nails & Cuticles: Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants, and thus it has the power to protect your nails against free radical damage on the nails. So when you use vitamin E oil on your nails, it acts as a protective barrier for your nails and cuticles. This helps in protecting your nails from any kind of harmful outside damage.
- Strengthens & Repair The Nails: We all know how much our nails go through on a regular basis, especially when they go through some chemical-based nail polish and nail polish remover. Luckily we have this amazing natural ingredient, Vitamin E oil, that works and repairs the nails' potential damage. This natural oil even has the power to reverse the damage caused by any outside elements.
- Boosts Nail Nutrients: Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants and various minerals, nutrients that provide great moisturizing benefits to support nail health. It also helps prevent cracked cuticles by boosting the nail nutrients. It also supports the accumulation of blood flow and delivers vitamins to the nails to keep them completely healthy.
Homemade DIY Vitamin E Oil For Nails Growth
Now, as we know all the benefits of Vitamin E oil for nails and its growth, let's incorporate them into our nail care regimen. The best way to do that is by making a DIY vitamin E oil for nail growth at home. We have listed a few of the best and most easy recipes for different nail issues.
Recipe 1: Jojoba Oil And Vitamin E Oil For Cuticles
The combination of jojoba oil and vitamin e oil enhances nails and cuticles health when applied. Jojoba oil moisturizes cuticles, and vitamin e oil provides vitamin E to nails which helps in eliminating various nail problems and promotes nail growth.
- Castor Oil - Two Tablespoons
- Vitamin E Oil - ¼ Teaspoon
- Rosemary Essential Oil - Six Drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - Six Drops
Step 1: Take two tablespoons of castor oil and mix it with ¼ teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
Step 2: Mix it thoroughly, and then add rosemary and frankincense essential oil.
Step 3: Now, again, blend all the oils together.
Step 4: Once done, pour the oil into a glass container.
Step 5: Your cuticle vitamin E oil is ready to use.
Applying Vitamin E Oil To Nails:
Use this DIY vitamin E oil two times a day. Use this oil for a minimum of 2 months regularly to see visible results in your cuticle health. This homemade cuticle vitamin E oil promises you impressive cuticle health and nail growth.
Recipe 2: Olive Oil And Vitamin E Oil For Dry Toenails
The combination of virgin olive oil and vitamin e oil is a great way to compliment your nails and cuticles when applied. Olive oil is a nutrient and gives dry nails a shiny and lustrous look. On the other hand, vitamin e oil stimulates nail growth and protects cuticles from damage.
- Cold-Pressed Virgin Olive Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Vitamin E Oil - 3 Drops
- Golden Jojoba Oil - ½ Teaspoon
- Beeswax - ½ Teaspoon
Step 1: Take a small pan and add olive oil to it.
Step 2: Heat the oil on a slow flame.
Step 3: Add Vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, and beeswax.
Step 4: Mix it all together until well blended.
Step 5: Once done, remove it from heat using a strainer.
Step 6: Allow the mixture to cool down.
Step 7: Your Olive oil and vitamin E oil mixture for dry toenails are ready to use.
Applying Vitamin E Oil To Toenails:
Use a small clean brush and apply a thin coat of this mixture of oil on your toenails one by one. Leave it for a few hours to dry. You can apply more coatings if you wish.
Side Effects of Vitamin E Oil For Nails
We all know with some good properties, Vitamin E oil has potential side effects for nails. The main concern regarding vitamin E oil is its interaction and effect with blood thinners, statins, and chemotherapy drugs.
Because it can lead to an increased risk of bleeding when taken orally. So to be on the safe side, avoid taking vitamin E oil or supplements orally and apply it topically on nails or the body.
In Conclusion, we can say that Vitamin E oil is a great natural supplement that hydrates and strengthen your nails and cuticles in the best possible way. So, it's time you consider adding vitamin E oil to your nail care routine and allow it to absorb into your nails to provide them with all the possible nourishment and nutrients. Go and check out vitamin e oil from VedaOils online store.