Essential oil is one ingredient that is quite synonymous with hair growth. But one oil that is completely getting all the attention nowadays is peppermint oil. Yes, Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth is a real idea because this oil has resulted in great positive results for hair growth. We know how common hair loss has become nowadays in both men and women. There are plenty of reasons behind that, but when you are not sure of a specific reason, it's best to go with something natural, and peppermint oil for hair growth is one great effective idea.
Peppermint oil has been proven an effective natural medicine that helps with hair loss and other nourishing benefits to your hair too. Let's discuss the benefits of Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth.
Benefits of using Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth
Peppermint oil boasts many benefits for hair growth. No matter what your hair health problem is, Peppermint Essential Oil ensures to address it all. Here's how peppermint oil benefits hair growth and also fights various problems.
Peppermint Oil for Hair Strengthening
The peppermint essential oil contains certain compounds that stimulate blood circulation to the skin. This is very helpful in increasing dermal thickness, follicle depth and follicle number. It causes the scalp's blood vessels to widen and thus helps strengthen hair health. It is also helpful in increasing hair thickness.
Peppermint Essential Oil for Hair Growth
Research studies shows that it is good to use peppermint oil for hair growth as it contains vitamin A, E and iron-like minerals. The peppermint essential oil has the ability to vasodilation of the blood vessels, further helping in bringing new hair growth much similar to minoxidil. This way, peppermint oil helps hair loss issues and promotes new hair growth with regulated oil production.
Peppermint Prevents Head Lice
The strong odour of peppermint essential oil and other insecticidal properties make it very helpful in preventing head lice problems. It can act as a great lice deterrent when combined with olive oil. It also relieves chronic pruritus quite easily.
Peppermint Oil Prevents Dry Scalp
Peppermint oil has great anti-inflammatory properties and antiseptic properties that are helpful in soothing an itchy scalp. These properties also help absorb excess oil from the scalp and provide it with the required nourishment. Peppermint Oil is then helpful in preventing dry scalp and dandruff problems.
Anti-inflammatory & Antimicrobial
Peppermint oil contains menthol extracts. This soothes the scalp's inflammation and prevents it from any infections. Additionally, peppermint essential oil has antimicrobial properties that help balance the scalp microbiome. It then further helps in preventing various scalp diseases and infections.
DIY Recipes for Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth
Peppermint oil for hair growth is a great idea, but it also depends on how you use this magical ingredient in your hair care schedule. So here, we are going to discuss some result-driven DIY recipes of peppermint oil for hair growth.
Peppermint Massage Oil
One of the best ways to use peppermint oil for hair growth is using it as a massage oil. As essential oils are very strong, mixing them with any efficient carrier oil is important. Here's how you can make your own DIY peppermint massage oil for hair growth.
- 3 tablespoon Carrier oil ( Your own Choice)
- 2-3 drops of Peppermint Oil
Recipe, How to use & Benefit
- Take a small glass bowl and pour the carrier oil of your own choice into it.
- Now add 2 to 3 drops of peppermint essential oil for every tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Mix it well and make sure both the oils get thoroughly into each other.
- Take a small amount of oil in your palms and slowly massage your scalp with it.
- Leave the oil on your scalp for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it with a natural shampoo and comb once dry.
Another amazing way you can use peppermint oil for hair growth is by including it in your hair wash routine. You can mix this hair growth essential oil with your regular shampoo or conditioner to make your own Peppermint shampoos. Here's how you can make it.
- Sulfate & Paraben free shampoo
- 4-5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
Recipe, How to use & Benefit
- Take your regular shampoo or conditioner.
- Add 4-5 drops of peppermint essential oil per ounce of the shampoo.
- Rinse your hair and use this shampoo mixture to form a lather.
- Massage gently all over your scalp.
- Wash it off and then leave it for natural dry.
- You can use it for your regular hair wash routine
- For best results, use at least 2 times a week.
Peppermint Hair Mask
Hair masks are always a great nourishing hair care product, and when you make them with coconut oil and peppermint essential oil, they become the best. This hair mask will boost circulation to your scalp and will encourage hair growth. Here's how you can make a peppermint oil hair mask.
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Honey
- Peppermint Essential Oil
Recipe, How to use & Benefit
- Take coconut oil in a glass bowl.
- Warm it for around 10 to 20 minutes.
- Now, add raw honey and peppermint essential oil.
- Now, stir it well so that everything gets mixed together. 5
- Take a small amount in your hand and spread it over your hair.
- Massage it into your scalp and hair strands.
- Let it sit for almost 30-40 minutes.
- Then cover your hair with a warm towel or heat cap.
- Rinse your hair and wash it with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
Out of all the essential oil for hair growth you might have heard about, peppermint oil is one amazing option that promotes hair growth and looks out for other aspects of your hair health. It is generally a much safer essential oil, and if used in moderation, Using Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth will bring out the best benefits for your hair.