Neem is a very effective medicinal plant that we all know about. It is antiseptic in nature and very useful for skin and fighting infections. Have you ever heard of neem oil to work as an insecticide? It is known to be a great solution to problems bothering your plants such as insects, mites, fungi, etc. This oil is obtained from the neem trees and is a fantastic natural oil that is organic in nature.
You may use neem oil as an insecticide spray if your plants are not in a good condition. Organic gardeners love this oil as it is very safe to use and don’t harms animals or humans. It does weed cleaning very well. Farmers/People these days highly use it for insect-killing purposes.
Neem Oil Benefits To Control Pests Naturally
Neem oil is an all-natural byproduct of the neem tree which is having numerous benefits for both humans and plants without any side effects to them as it is safe and organic. It contains the potent compound called “Azadirachtin” which makes it good anti-fungicidal, anti-bacterial, and pesticidal (killing insects, weeds, and mites). Let us see below neem oil cold pressed benefits to control pests naturally.
- Contains Azadirachtin: Neem oil is an organic ingredient that contains a compound called azadirachtin. It is a most studied compound that majorly offers protection to plants against pest infestations. Neem oil has around 300-2500 ppm of this compound in it which works wonders as a natural insecticide to kill fungi and mites affecting your plants. It controls locusts that in turn causes the insects to lose their appetite.
- Great Fungicide & Pesticide: Neem oil is considered to be a great fungicide and pesticide as it holds the highest concentration of the insecticidal compound called Azadirachtin. The oil is fantastic to repel the insect pests and prevent the fungus to affect the plants. The neem oil is having organic properties to kill pests and mites. People prefer using this natural pesticide on plants than the chemical ones that badly affect crops and human health.
- Organic and Bio-degradable: Neem oil is organic in nature and biodegradable too. There are no neem oil side effects on the soil, water, air, and animals. The oil is considered to be safe for the environment and has no adverse effects on the health of plants and humans.
- Good Fertilizer: Apart from the antiseptic and medicinal benefits of neem oil . Neem cake which is the byproduct of cold-pressed neem fruit and kernels, is made from organic manure. The best thing about neem cake is that it can work as a pesticide and a good fertilizer too that helps soil to increase the availability of nitrogen and control nematodes, white ants, and grubs.
- Safe For Greenhouse: From an environmental point of view, neem oil for human use is safe as well as for the plants health. Greenhouse gives the perfect environmental conditions to pests, mites and other insects to grow on plants and destroy them. Meanwhile neem oil naturally kills the mites, aphids, scale insects, and whiteflies bothering the plants without affecting greenhouse eco-system.
How to Use Neem Oil for Plants Pest Control - DIY Recipes
DIY recipes have always been very interesting and simple to try at home. You may use neem oil for plants pest control with the help of useful recipes to protect your plants at your place. The recipes have a few steps to follow and are safe to do. Let us see below some of them.
Recipe 1: Neem Oil Pesticide Detergent Based Spray
Neem oil is a natural pesticide that can be used in a detergent-based spray as well. Let us see the preparation of neem oil pesticide and steps are to be followed to make this easy recipe at home.Ingredients:
- 1-2 tablespoons of detergent
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 spray bottle
- Some drops of neem oil
Step 1: In a bowl, combine a few drops of neem oil with 1-2 tablespoons of detergent.
Step 2: Mix them both with 1 gallon of water.
Step 3: After mixing them thoroughly, pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
Step 4: Spray the mixture on all the plant surfaces until it becomes completely wet and dripping.
How to use:
After mixing all the ingredients together, pour the mixture into the spray bottle and spray it all over the plant surfaces. The surface should be completely wet and dripping. Make sure to use protective gloves to avoid any oily drips on your skin.
Recipe 2: Neem Oil Pest Soap Based Repellant
Neem oil is a perfect insect repellant that is used to kill the bigs, insects, mites on the plants. It is completely safe and easy to use. Let us see below the recipe of neem oil pest soap-based repellant in some easy steps.
- 1-2 tablespoons of insecticidal liquid soap
- 1 gallon of warm tap water
- 3-4 drops of neem oil
- Spray bottle
Step 1: In a bowl, add 1-2 tablespoons of insecticidal liquid soap along with 3-4 drops of neem oil in 1 gallon of warm tap water.
Step 2: Mix all the ingredients well.
Step 3: Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
Step 4: Spray the soap mixture on all the plant surfaces until it becomes completely wet and dripping.
How to use:
After mixing all the ingredients together, pour the soap mixture into the spray bottle and spray it all over the plant surfaces. The surface should be completely wet and dripping. Make sure to use protective gloves to avoid any oily drips on your skin.
Q 1: Is Neem Oil Good For Indoor Plants?
A: Yes it is safe for both indoor and outdoor plants.
Q 2: Is Neem Oil Good For Tomatoes & Weed Plants?
A: Yes it is good and safe for tomatoes and plants. The oil is used as a pesticide and protects the plants from any further damages caused by insects or mites.
Q 3: Is Neem Oil Good For Strawberry & Cucumber Plants?
A: Yes, it is a good oil to protect your plants from insects. It controls the birth of insects and mites on the plant leaves and kills the existing ones naturally.
Q 4: Is Neem Oil Toxic In People?
A: No, not at all, it is the safest natural oil that is completely biodegradable in nature. It doesn't harm humans or plants in any way.
Q 5: Is It Safe To Use Neem Oil Around Pets?
A: It is completely safe around the pets. Neem oil is a natural pesticide that kills bugs and has no side effects in humans and animals.
Q 6: Is Neem Oil Effective For Killing Mosquitos?
A: Neem oil is a great mosquito repellent because of its smell that wards off mosquitoes instantly. The oil is a very effective insecticide too.
Neem oil is a very popular natural ingredient that is used in skincare these days. It is widely known to be used as a natural pesticide and insecticide to protect plants from any further damages caused by bugs and mites in the soil or air. For some time now, the usage of this oil has been increased massively.
Neem Oil is a 100 percent organic and non-toxic oil to humans and pets. It is an affordable and long-term solution to safeguard your plants from insects. The neem oil is completely environmental- friendly and biodegradable in nature.