Imagine the feeling of scratching your hair every minute. Sounds so irritating, right? So many individuals suffer from this pathetic lice issue and are constantly looking for remedies to get rid of them.
While many market-based oils and shampoos promise to help with the head lice problem, the real results differ from what is promised. That's where a natural remedy of using lavender oil for lice issues comes up as a great solution. Lavender oil is a potent natural remedy for lice issues, and let's explore that in detail.
What Does Lavender Oil Do For Lice?
Lavender essential oil is often used as a natural remedy for lice. This essential oil also has potential suffocating properties that indirectly kill lice by suffocating them.
Lavender essential oils' effectiveness has not been proven yet, but as per various research studies, this essential oil may help repel or suffocate lice due to its strong fragrance.
Lavender Oil Benefits For Lice
While there are many lavender oil benefits for lice problems, we have compiled a list of the top five benefits of lavender essential oil for lice issues. Let's discuss lavender oil benefits for lice in detail.
- Repellent Properties: Lavender oil has a strong fragrance that may help repel lice, making it less likely to infest the hair in the first place. This is why regular use of Lavender oil prevents lice infestation in the first place.
- Smothering Effect: According to some research studies, applying lavender oil to the scalp and hair has a smothering effect. This means the oil can smother or suffocate lice, making it difficult for them to breathe and survive in the hair.
- Soothing Scalp: Another great benefit of Lavender oil for lice is its soothing properties. The oil has calming and soothing properties, which help eliminate the itching and discomfort caused in the scalp due to lice infestation.
- Natural Alternative: We know plenty of products like shampoos promise to eliminate the lice infestation. But lavender oil is a great natural alternative that doesn't contain harsh chemicals, making it a gentler option for people with sensitive scalp or hair.
- Pleasant Scent: Unlike the many chemical treatments in the industry, lavender oil leaves a very pleasant and comfortable scent on the hair, making it a more appealing option for many individuals.
How To Use Lavender Oil For Lice?
There are many ways to use lavender oil for lice infestation, but we have compiled two DIY recipes that you can try for a better result. Here's how to use lavender oil for lice.
1. Tea Tree Oil And Lavender Oil For Lice
One of the most popular ways to try is to blend tea tree oil and lavender oil. Both oils are considered great natural remedies for lice infestations and are believed to have properties that can help with lice treatment. Here’s how you can use the two oils together.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Ounce
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 10 Drops
Step 1: Start by diluting the essential oils in a carrier oil. Mix a few drops of lavender and tea tree oil with a larger carrier oil.
Step 2: A common ratio is around 10-20 drops of essential oil per ounce of carrier oil. This dilution helps prevent skin irritation.
Step 3: Apply the diluted mixture to the scalp and hair, covering the entire head. Massage it in gently.
Step 4: Use a fine-toothed lice comb to comb through the hair while the oil is still on the head. This can help remove lice and their eggs (nits).
Step 5: Leave the mixture on the hair for at least 30 minutes. Some people prefer to leave it on overnight for more effectiveness.
Step 6: After the desired time, wash the hair thoroughly with a regular shampoo. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
Step 7: After treatment, continue to check for any remaining lice or nits. You may need to repeat the process several times over a few weeks to ensure all lice are eliminated.
2. Olive Oil And Lavender For Lice
Olive oil and Lavender oil are a great natural remedy for treating lice infestations. You can completely eradicate a lice infestation by following a simple DIY Olive oil and lavender oil recipe for lice infestation. Here’s how you can use the two oils together:
- Virgin Olive Oil - 1 Ounce
- Lavender Essential Oil - 10 Drops
Step 1: Combine a few drops of lavender oil with olive oil. The exact ratio can vary, but you may use 10-20 drops of lavender per ounce of olive oil.
Step 2: Apply the mixture to the scalp and hair, ensuring complete coverage. Massage it in gently.
Step 3: Use a fine-toothed lice comb to comb through the hair while the oil is still on the head. This helps to remove lice and nits (lice eggs).
Step 4: Leave the mixture on the hair for at least 30 minutes. Some people prefer to leave it on overnight for better results.
Step 5: After the desired time, wash the hair thoroughly with a regular shampoo. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
Step 6: After treatment, continue to check for any remaining lice or nits. You may need to repeat the process several times over a few weeks to ensure all lice are eliminated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have some confusion or queries? Let's resolve them with the help of our most commonly asked questions. Refer to our FAQs section below.
Q: Does Lavender Oil Repel Lice?
Ans: Yes, lavender oil repels lice by suffocating them in the scalp. It makes it difficult for the lice to survive on the scalp and helps eliminate lice infestation.
Q: Do Lice Like Lavender Oil?
Ans: No, they don't like lavender oil. It becomes difficult for the lice to survive in the hair or scalp where lavender oil is present.
In conclusion, lavender oil is one of the best natural alternatives people can trust for their lice issues. It's time you leave those pesky market products containing harsh chemicals and try lavender oil for lice infestation. Go ahead, try it, and see this natural magic's results yourself!