Why Lavender Oil for Sleep?
Lavender oil has fresh, fruity and herbaceous therapeutic fragrance that helps to reduce restlessness by relieving stress instantly. Lavender Oil for sleep is used as very effective alternative that helps a person lighten up the mood and calm body and mind.
Lavender oil is widely used in aromatherapy as it is very effective therapy to fight depression and anxiety from within. Linalool and linalyl-acetate chemicals present in lavender oil are rapidly absorbed into bloodstreams. These compounds have a sedative and pain-relieving effect and makes a person sleep comfortably.
Lavender Oil Benefits for Sleep
Lavender oil is extremely effective natural remedy to treat anxiety and improve sleep quality. Using lavender oil to fall asleep is a gentle way to relax than opting for other ways such as a strong medication which could have a number of side effects and may become addictive. Let's see below some of the benefits that you can have with lavender essential oil.
Treat Insomnia: One of the biggest reasons why people opt for lavender essential oil is its effective properties to treat insomnia. Someone suffering from lack of sleep and restlessness then must try lavender oil. It has sedative and relaxing effects on the body and mind thus, curing the problem of insomnia naturally.
- Releases Stress: If you feel stressed all day because of home duties and office work then Lavender oil can definitely help. It will relive your mind with fresh aroma that soothes your senses. Aromatherapy with lavender oil also reduces cortisol levels in the body and makes it stress-free.
- Reduces Anxiety: We often get anxious about a lot of things in life. Lavender essential oil has anti-anxiety properties that help immensely to deal with this problem. It is effective and natural way to reduce symptoms of mild to moderate depression. Lavender oil's fruity fragrance can bring all good thoughts together.
- Soothes Aches & Pains: Lavender essential oil is considered to be a natural pain reliever. It is used as a natural antibiotic and has antiseptic properties to soothe aches and pains of body. If used in aromatherapy massages it can reduce pain caused by migraines, headaches, toothaches, labor pains, etc.
Improves Mood: The scented smell of lavender oil uplifts mood instantly and provides you with a very positive aura all around. Lavender oil makes you destress from all tensions in life, uplifts your mood and makes you very happy and fresh from within.
- Treat depression: Lavender oil has anti-depressant properties that help to fight against mild to moderate depression and exhibit a positive aura all around. Its herbaceous fragrance can make you feel lighter. Lavender essential oil is what you need to naturally reduce depression.
How to use Lavender Oil for Sleep?
Getting a really good night's sleep is what everyone needs isn't it? Sleep is an integral part that helps to uplift the mood the whole day. Good sleep is very important for overall well-being of a human. Day-to-day stress can impact sleeping pattern. Lavender oil is very effective natural remedy that helps you fall asleep easily and improves sleeping pattern as well.
- Lavender Oil as Diffuser Oil: Lavender oil used in aromatherapy massages works as a diffuser that scents whole room and drifts the person into relaxing sleep. As a diffuser oil, it calms the mind, soul, and body of the person and makes you forget all the depressing thoughts. The oil promotes a deep soothing sleep while the massage goes on.
- Apply Lavender Oil on Face: Out of many ways to use lavender oil, one of the best ways is to apply it to the areas where you can smell it well such as the temples of the face and forehead. It is all-natural in nature and suits all skin types. It will have no side effects and nourishes skin. It reduces skin irritations, redness, and puffiness.
- Few drops of Lavender Oil on Pillow: Lavender essential oil has the property to make you fall asleep. It is very soothing in nature and relaxes the body. However, you may pour a few drops of it on the pillow to avoid staining sheets and bedding. The oil’s fragrance would help to slowly fall asleep and will exhibit a positive aura all around. It takes away all the tension and stress gives good sleep.
- Lavender Oil Room Mist: Lavender essential oil is widely used as room mist. make your room scented by dropping few drops of oil on light bulbs and lamps. When you’ll turn on lights, it will heat oil and disperse scent all over room. You may even add lavender oil mist in room drawers and closets. Aroma of lavender oil is amazing and provides positive vibes all around the place.
Precautions for Lavender Oil
It is very important to always take precautions while using lavender essential oil such as mentioned below:
1. Lavender oil is highly concentrated and should not be applied directly to the skin else, you will have to suffer from skin irritations.
2. To use lavender oil for massage, always use a specific massage product with it which is more dilute in nature.
3. Lavender oil is a pure product and not just a mere additive along with any carrier oil therefore, it should be packaged in a dark bottle to protect the oil from sunlight.
4. One of the other ways to use lavender essential oil more safely is to simply inhale the vapor by just placing the lavender-soaked cotton balls in the container. You make place it new your bed in the room.
Lavender essential oil is a widely known oil that is best known for its scented aroma and medicinal properties. It helps largely in relaxing the person and treating conditions such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia. You may use it for various other benefits too. When the oil is used as a lotion it helps to soothe aches and pains within the body.
It is also used in aromatherapy as it calms nerves and releases all the stress from the mind and body. Lavender oil for sleep is perfect to treat sleeping issues and calm the mind. If you are stressed and wish to opt for a natural way to relax and sleep nicely then Lavender oil is a perfect solution for you.