Neroli Essential oil
Made from the flowers of Bitter Orange i.e. Citrus Aurantium, Neroli Essential Oil is used in both aromatherapy and skincare purposes due to its medicinal properties. It is a powerhouse when it comes to antioxidants and is used to treat several skin issues and conditions. Its amazing fragrance has a soothing effect on our mind and it is also used to create a romantic ambiance due to its aphrodisiac properties. Neroli oil contains anti-inflammatory properties as well that make it useful for treating minor skin issues like skin irritation and redness. The calming effects of this oil enable you to use it in DIY bath care products like bath bombs, soaps, etc. Inhaling this oil by diluting it in a facial steamer or bathtub can provide relief from anxiety and stress. You can use it as a massage oil as well after diluting it with a suitable carrier oil. Neroli oil possesses antibacterial properties but it is not harsh on the skin like Lemon, Orange, and other oils belonging to the Citrus family. Therefore, you can include it in your daily skin and face care regime without any doubts.
INCI Name: Citrus Aurantium Essential Oil
- Neroli oil has an incredible ability to hydrate your skin. It not only locks-in moisture in your skin cells but also rejuvenates and softens it naturally. It creates a barrier over your skin to protect it from the harsh environmental and external factors.
- It boosts the production of new skin cells and assists faster recovery in case of injuries and wounds. Moreover, it gives a radiant look to your face and enhances the complexion of your skin as well.
- It can be used as a skin cleanser due to its antibacterial properties. When used in aromatherapy, it provides relief from stress and anxiety as it has a calming and relaxing scent.
- This oil replenishes your skin when used in massages and also helps you to sleep well at night. Neroli essential oil is packed with antioxidants. This along with its antibacterial properties makes it a useful cosmetic ingredient against acne and breakouts.
- You can also blend this oil with Mandarin and some other essential oils to treat pimples, wrinkles, and fine lines quickly. Its soothing properties make it one of the key ingredients in cosmetics like creams, moisturizers, and lotions. It can also be massaged on the scalp and hair to resolve issues like split ends, lice, dandruff, hair fall, etc.
How to use it?
Since it is a concentrated oil, you need to dilute it with a carrier oil before applying directly to your skin. As it makes your skin sensitive, use sunscreen while going out in broad daylight. While using it for massages, blend 5 drops of this oil in one tablespoon of carrier oil such as olive or sweet almond oil. Remember that it is meant only for external application.
Creams, lotions, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, and other skin and hair care products contain Neroli Essential Oil as one of their key cosmetic ingredients.
Raw material source: Flowers of Neroli Plant
Flowers of Citrus Aurantium plant are steam distilled to make this essential oil.
Tested on animals?: No
GMO: No GMOs are present but it is not certified for that.
Vegan: Vegans can utilize this oil as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients.