Our skin goes through a lot while busy playing, working, and engaging in different activities. Like your body, your skin, too, needs nourishment to stay healthy and glowing. Therefore, we often try to find the products and ingredients that we should be used to nourish our skin.
Why use body oils for the skin?
Body oils feed the skin with essential nutrients and vitamins necessary for maintaining their health and hygiene. They moisturize the skin and make them ready to face external factors like sunlight, cold winds, dust, dirt, and other pollutants.
You may also use them to minimize the imperfections of your skin. You can also use homemade body oil for your glowing skin. It can be a blend of body oils or body oils with other natural ingredients. Today, we will be looking at some DIY body oil for glowing skin recipes that will rejuvenate your skin and make you look and feel younger!
How does body oil work?
Body oils penetrate deep into your skin cells and flush out the toxins naturally. They also nourish the skin cells that are dry and mature. By working on the texture and tone of your skin, they make you look more beautiful than ever!
Benefits of DIY Body Oils For Glowing Skin
Before diving into the DIY body oil for glowing skin recipes, we must know the benefits that the body oils provide to our skin. These are some benefits of including body oils in your skincare recipes:
1. Natural: Homemade body oils are natural and don't contain artificial ingredients. They are chemical-free and safe for your skin. Moreover, they have all the nutrients your skin needs to stay youthful and healthy.
2. Get Absorbed Quickly: You can incorporate lightweight oils to absorb them into your skin cells rapidly. Also, these body oils prove to be non-greasy, and therefore, they are effective and useful for those who have oily or combination skin.
3. Nourish Dry Skin: Your skin needs proper nutrition to stay away from dryness. You prevent your skin from becoming dried and rough by opting for homemade body oil for glowing skin recipes. They give a smooth complexion and even tone to your skin.
4. Glowing Skin: Skin becomes glowing only if it receives all the nourishment. Body oils contain antioxidants that nourish your skin and protect them from free radicals. They also boost collagen production and add a glowing appearance to the skin.
5. Soothing: Dry and scalp skin often leads to mild to severe irritations. The anti-inflammatory properties of body oils soothe your skin and provide much-needed relief from discomfort. Also, they make your skin soft and healthy naturally.
How to Make DIY Body Oils For Glowing Skin?
We are sharing some homemade body oil for glowing skin recipes that you can try at home! To make a DIY body oil for glowing skin, you need some ingredients like essential oils, carrier oils, etc. These ingredients should be completely organic and free from chemicals and artificial preservatives.
All-Weather Body Oil for Glowing Skin
This recipe uses multiple oils that work miraculously to enhance your complexion when blended. You can also add some other ingredients to this recipe if you wish. To know more about this recipe, look at the sections below.
- Grapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Jojoba Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Avocado oil - 2 tbsp.
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Vitamin E Oil (optional) - 2 drops
- Dried Lavender Buds (optional) - 1 to 2
Recipe & Use
Mix equal parts of the Jojoba, Avocado, and Grapeseed Oil. Add crushed lavender buds if available. Add Lavender Essential Oil and transfer the Oil to the glass bottle fixed with a dropper.
Top the bottle with vitamin E oil and shake well before every use. Take some oil from the bottle and apply it liberally over your body parts. For quick results, use it at least twice a week.
2. Eucalyptus Body Oil for Vibrant Skin
This homemade body oil for glowing skin recipe has everything required to give a vibrant feel and appeal to your skin. It contains Eucalyptus Oil's anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that will prep up your skin for the rest of the day.
- Eucalyptus Oil - 20 drops
- Jojoba Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Sweet Almond Oil - ½ cup
- Balsam fir essential oil - 8 drops
- Lemongrass or Bergamot Essential Oil - 8 drops
Recipe & Use
Mix all the ingredients in a large glass bowl. Wash your body clean and dry it with a clean towel.
Apply liberal quantities of the body oil and let the body soak it completely. You should wash your body again after only a few hours.
3. Moisturizing Body Oil
Regular wear and tear often make your skin dull and dry. To rejuvenate and revamp your skin's moisture content, you can use DIY body oil for glowing skin recipes using these ingredients.
- Almond Oil - ½ cup
- Rosehip Oil - ⅛ cup
- Lavender Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Bergamot Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Geranium Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Rose Essential Oil - 2 drops
Recipe & Use
Take a glass bottle and add all the essential oils one by one. Shake the bottle nicely before every application. Now, top them with the other oils we have provided in the list of ingredients.
Wash your body nicely with a body wash. Take some oil on your palm and massage it nicely all over your body.
We hope that you liked our DIY body oil for glowing skin recipes. For more recipes, stay glued to our website. You can get all the required carrier oils and essential oils from the official website of VedaOils. It is because you will find only natural and pure oils that are ideal for homemade body oils for glowing skin recipes here.