Restless leg syndrome, or RLS, is a disorder that affects millions of people. Although it may not necessarily hurt, it makes the legs feel very uneasy. It could make it difficult to get a decent night's sleep. You've probably tried a little bit of everything if you're one of the millions of patients.
You may have used pills, compresses, or one of many other treatments. Many people are frantically searching for anything to alleviate their dreadful emotions. The soreness might be alleviated naturally with the aid of essential oils. This blog will discuss essential oils for restless leg syndrome and how they can help. Read on!
Top 6 Essential Oils For Restless Legs Syndrome
You undoubtedly have many questions regarding the best essential oil to use if you want to try using them to treat your restless legs syndrome. You can use the seven ideas listed below, but bear in mind that they won't all be helpful for you; you may need to use trial and error to find the combination that works best for you.
1. Peppermint Oil For Restless Legs
Peppermint essential oil is also very nourishing and invigorating. Most kinds of discomfort can be relieved with this essential oil. Due to its analgesic, antispasmodic, and cooling effects, it is excellent for reducing aching joints and muscular pain.
Peppermint essential oil is a natural muscle relaxant and pain reliever, along with being a cooling agent. These innate qualities work well to ease aches and pains in the muscles. This one is one of the most frequently suggested essential oils for restless legs syndrome.
2. Lavender Essential Oil For Rls
Lavender essential oil is a great muscle relaxant. Take a hot bath with four drops of lavender essential oil that has been adequately diluted in a carrier oil to soothe your restless legs.
It is also analgesic and antispasmodic, making it useful for treating muscle discomfort and spasms. Lavender essential oil is calming, uplifting, and deeply relaxing, making it a great choice for treating insomnia and restless legs syndrome.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil For Restless Leg Syndrome
Frankincense is a fantastic therapeutic essential oil that aids in reducing pain all over the body. Because it is calming and naturally antibacterial, frankincense essential oil is a fantastic choice for relieving restless leg syndrome.
It is believed to function by obstructing leukotrienes, which cause inflammatory reactions in the body. This essential oil is excellent for reducing tension because it has sedative properties. Frankincense is a very balancing and healing oil.
4. Copaiba Essential Oil For Restless Leg Syndrome
Rosemary essential oil has a warming, analgesic, and antispasmodic properties that effectively treat muscle aches, pains, and spasms. It also helps to calm the nerves by gently rubbing diluted this essential oil on your legs.
Rosemary essential oil is a great option for easing restless limb syndrome symptoms because it is a natural warming agent. This essential oil, derived from the commonly used herb, has potent analgesic effects that reduce arthritis pain and other aches and pains.
5. Vetiver Essential Oil For Restless Legs
Due to its antispasmodic, relaxing, and sedative qualities, it is excellent for treating muscle aches and pains. Additionally, vetiver essential oils can promote blood flow, which makes them useful for treating restless leg syndrome.
6. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil For Restless Legs
Marjoram essential oil can effectively relieve joint and muscle discomfort. It is frequently used to control blood pressure, dyspepsia, and arthritis discomfort. It can be added to a bath or massaged into the legs to relieve pain.
Excellent warming and calming characteristics of this essential oil aid in reducing joint pain and muscle spasms. Numerous other positive effects, including relief from indigestion, high blood pressure, and arthritis pain, are also known to exist in it.
Restless Legs Syndrome Essential Oil Blend Recipes
The adaptability of essential oils is one of their benefits. There are several combinations and applications for oils. Here are three recipes that you might attempt to help with RLS.
Recipe 1: Topical Application For Before Bed
- Plain Cream - 2 Ounces
- Lavender Essential Oil - 12 Drops
- Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil - 5 Drops
Directions: Pour this mixture into a 60 ml jar. This lotion can be used before bed or any time during the day to provide some relief. Massage it on your legs.
Recipe 2: Travel Spray
- Lavender Hydrosol - 1 Cup
- Siberian Fir Needle Oil - 8 Drops
- Petitgrain Essential Oil - 9 Drops
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil - 8 Drops
Directions: Fill a 60 ml spray bottle with a mixture of these components. Anytime you experience discomfort, you can carry the mixture and spritz it on your legs.
Recipe 3: Bath Salts
- Himalayan Salt - 1 Cup
- Clary Sage Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil - 3 Drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil - 5 Drops
Directions: Use this mixture as a bath salt by combining the ingredients in a 60 ml container. Use this mixture for your next bath and help get some relief.
Precautions To Be Taken When Using Essential Oils For Restless Legs Syndrome
- Consult your doctor or a qualified natural health professional for guidance if you are unsure how to utilize essential oils for restless leg syndrome.
- Avoid using rosemary and clove essential oils if you are expecting, have hypertension, or have epilepsy. Ask your doctor again if you have any questions.
- Use caution when using any essential oils that have a citrus scent because they can irritate sensitive skin.
- Perform a patch test before using a new essential oil to ensure you won't experience an allergic reaction, even though allergies are uncommon with proper use.
Using essential oils is a fantastic approach to holistically treating restless legs syndrome, regardless of the type you select. Try one of the oils mentioned above, or make your special combination, to reduce your symptoms immediately. Always ensure that you use only the most premium essential oils, like the ones sold at VedaOils! Check it out now.