Pumpkin pie spice contains the amazing aroma of cinnamon, clove, ginger, and other spices. It is generally used to spice pumpkin pies, but you can also give this wonderful smell to your DIY scented candles. Today, we are going to see how to make Pumpkin Spice Scented Candles at home by using simple and organic candle making supplies.
The scent of pumpkin spice not only invigorates your mind but also adds a soothing scent to the ambiance. The scent would be perfect for warming up your homes during chilly winter nights and noons. So, without wasting any time, let's dive into the ingredients and recipe.
Homemade DIY Pumpkin Spice Scented Candles
You don’t need many ingredients to make Pumpkin Spice Scented Candles at home. If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice at home, you can blend Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and allspice powder to make it easier. The other ingredients and their proportions are discussed below:
Candle Making Supplies:
- Soy Wax Flakes - 450 Grams
- Candle Jars - 5 to 8
- Wooden Candle Wicks - 5
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder
- Ginger Powder - 1 Tsp.
- Clove Powder - 1 Tsp.
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 Tsp.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil - 5 Drops
- Nutmeg Essential Oil - 5 Drops
Know About The Pumpkin Spice Candle Making Supplies
Now that you have understood the candle-making supplies you need to make scented candles, it is time to learn why they are preferred over other ingredients or equipment. The below details will provide you deeper insights into these ingredients:
1. Pumpkin Seed Oil: Pumpkin Seed Oil is extracted from pumpkin seeds and contains a mild and soothing scent of ripe pumpkins. You can easily get it in the local markets and online shopping portals.
2. Pumpkin Pie Spice: Pumpkin Pie Spice is easily available at food stores or groceries, or make it by yourself at home. It’s a blend of Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and allspice powder. They add a warm, spicy, and invigorating scent to your candles. Use only organic and chemical-free spices to make it.
3. Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax is preferred for making scented candles because of its ability to hold the scent for a long time. It also burns cleanly without leaving dark soot on your passages and corridors. Use only organic Soy flakes for making candles.
4. Candle Jars: Get candle jars from the supermarket or use the ones you have at home. Made from glass, these jars help cool down the molten wax quickly and increase the durability of your scented candles.
5. Wooden Candle Wick Holder: Wooden Candle Wick Holder are used to keep candle wicks in their position. However, if you don’t have them, you can also use chopsticks made from wood.
6. Candle Wicks: Candle wicks come in various shapes and varieties. Use the candle wicks according to the length of the canning jars you are using. Also, use cotton or wooden wicks as per your preference. Wooden wicks are preferred because they burn slowly and improve the scent retention ability of your candles.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Scented Candles At Home - Step-By-Step
Now that you know the ingredients and how they will be procured, let’s dive into the recipe, i.e., the making process. Use safety gloves and goggles while making scented candles to ensure your safety.
Step 1: Heat the wax in a double boiler. When the wax melts completely, allow it to cool for a while.
Step 2: Mix Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin Seed Oil, and Nutmeg Essential Oil in it.
Step 3: Fix the wicks at the bottom of the canning jars (Transparent or Yankee candle jars) by using some molten wax.
Step 4: Pour the molten wax in the jar carefully and allow some space for wax on the top of the jar to breathe and let it set.
Step 5: Ensure that the wicks are in place using the wooden candle wick holder. Let the candles cure for 48 hours, and then you can use them.
We hope that you liked our Pumpkin Spice Scented Candles recipe. You can try it at your home but ensure complete protection and safety, especially while melting the wax. However, the oils and other ingredients you add should be organic and chemical-free.
Avoid using dyes made from synthetic materials as they might affect the burning rate and may exude some poisonous gases when the candles are lit. Instead, explore the candle-making process from natural ingredients and make the ambiance of your living spaces pleasant and happening.